I can’t believe there isn’t a “go get Decastro” thread yet

Now hear me out. 

If his ankle is the problem then sign him. All he needs is and ankleectomy. We have plenty of guys with 2 good ankles that may not even make the team. Someone such as Lamp or Ford. So we put one of their ankles on Decastro. Easy peasy. DeFrankenCastro would slide in and be an instant upgrade and can likely be had one the cheap.

He's 31 with a history of knee problems, and now needs surgery on his ankle.  He's made 50 million... probably set for life there - and he's a stanford educated guy with a business degree.  Probably smart to get out of there while he can still walk right, and before getting any serious damage done to the rest of his body.

I think he is retiring and even if he wasn’t his play has declined in recent years. He was still a good pass protector but no longer a mauler. I would rather turn the teams attention in late stage free agency to securing Ertz or a vet corner or both.

I don’t know why so many are down on the teams guard play. In 2020 when Mongo came back and Ike was inserted into the lineup the interior Oline play was improved and this team has depth and options with Ford coming back from injury (Ford was decent when he played at guard) and Lamp being added into the mix.

I don’t think our guards are Pro-Bowlers but I think Mongo is a highly underrated player and Ike is solid and there is quality starting caliber depth behind them. Also add in another year of continuity (at least somewhat as there were a lot of injuries and shuffling around) and the Oline in my opinion will be good.

11 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Now hear me out. 

If his ankle is the problem then sign him. All he needs is and ankleectomy. We have plenty of guys with 2 good ankles that may not even make the team. Someone such as Lamp or Ford. So we put one of their ankles on Decastro. Easy peasy. DeFrankenCastro would slide in and be an instant upgrade and can likely be had one the cheap.

Shoot, for the veteran minimum though and we stash him on IR for 6 weeks, he could rebound. He’s what? 30? He could make a full recovery. I mean, even if he comes close to 75%-80% of what he was, he’s still better than Ford and Feliciano. I know Feliciano is a gamer but I have no hope at all for Ford, but I am no doctor though. I’ll leave that up to the big college book learners, I’m still trying to get my grade 10.