The return of the red helmet in 2022?

CBSSports article revealing that with the league’s delayed timing on ending the one-shell rule, most teams will NOT be able to use different helmets in 2022, and will have to wait until 2023.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-alternate-helmets-heres-why-eagles-and-others-reportedly-wont-be-wearing-throwbacks-in-2022/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

The NFL made it impossible for teams to bring back throwback uniforms at the earliest convenience -- thanks to approving the alternate helmet proposal past the deadline to submit the 2022 uniforms. If the alternate helmets were approved in March of April, many teams would have a different uniform plan in 2022.

Here’s hoping that they issue a special dispensation for this situation so throwback sets can be used next year. Stupid legalese.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, nucci said:

still incredible someone approved that

I despised that uni.

I know Diggs is on record he loves the red helmet, but someone brought up a good point if we use that as the throwback, we can’t use the old one with the standing red Buffalo.

That changed my mind as I love seeing the old helmet.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

I despised that uni.

I know Diggs is on record he loves the red helmet, but someone brought up a good point if we use that as the throwback, we can’t use the old one with the standing red Buffalo.

That changed my mind as I love seeing the old helmet.

I love the old throwbacks with the standing Buffalo on the helmet. To me those are better than the 90's uniforms. I wouldn't mind the red helmet once a year but not at the expense of the standing Buffalo. If I could ask Terry/Kim a question it would be...when will the blue over white throwbacks be brought back. I love the all whites but I wouldn't mind seeing the blue over white throwbacks as well.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I love the old throwbacks with the standing Buffalo on the helmet. To me those are better than the 90's uniforms. I wouldn't mind the red helmet once a year but not at the expense of the standing Buffalo. If I could ask Terry/Kim a question it would be...when will the blue over white throwbacks be brought back. I love the all whites but I wouldn't mind seeing the blue over white throwbacks as well.

Greg, do you mean the uni tops that are blue and white in the early 2000’s?  I know now we wear wear blue tops and white bottoms.  Just clarifying as I don’t want to misinterpret you.

8 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Greg, do you mean the uni tops that are blue and white in the early 2000’s?  I know now we wear wear blue tops and white bottoms.  Just clarifying as I don’t want to misinterpret you.

I am talking about the blue over white throwbacks that they wore in the 60's with the standing Buffalo on the helmet. I would love to see those again.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I am talking about the blue over white throwbacks that they wore in the 60's with the standing Buffalo on the helmet. I would love to see those again.

Love those.  I thought for a heartbeat you meant those god awful two tone crap.  I should’ve known better bud.

Fergie not color blind

Posted by Chris Brown on June 27, 2011 – 1:30 pm

Last week we published a story about the Bills helmet color change from white to red in 1984 being tied to then Bills QB Joe Ferguson. On the whole that was accurate. However, the assertion that the Wall of Famer was color blind was not.

Joe Ferguson is not color blind at all. Having corresponded and apologized to him personally for the inaccuracy of the story Joe re-hashed how the whole myth of him being color blind started.

“The color blind parts all came from the media,” Ferguson told Buffalobills.com. “At the time of the change of colors we were in a down time with the team and the media was looking for anything to write. Everyone we played had white helmets at that time. Our new head coach Kay Stephenson just wanted to get more of a contrast on the field that may help spot a receiver down the field.”

So while the helmet color change was predicated on improving completion percentage and reducing interceptions, which obviously involve the quarterback, Ferguson’s ability to distinguish colors was and always has been fine. We’ve since revised the story on Buffalobills.com to correct the inaccuracies.

https://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/joe-ferguson/

However, Jim Kelly "IS" colorblind. He stated he has never had a problem with it though! 

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

I think it's all about how old you are/ how long you have been a fan.

I started supporting the Bills in '90. To me the red helmet is the Bills. I do think the white one looks better to be fair, but because of the aforementioned, I have always missed the red one. Though I can totally get why you don't agree, as they ended up just being a few year distraction from the white.

It would be so awesome to see them in those lids one more time.

Edited by Simstim

16 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Looking at these 4 the Jets are clearly last (IMHO) and by a lot. Its a toss up between the Bills and Pats for me but since my opinion is biased.

1. Bills

2. Pats

3. Fins

4. Jets

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Looking at these 4 the Jets are clearly last (IMHO) and by a lot. Its a toss up between the Bills and Pats for me but since my opinion is biased.

1. Bills

2. Pats

3. Fins

4. Jets

true love that. 
Cam can get them 7 or 8 wins. 

No life preserver for Tua. 
Jets need to prove they actually have a plan (that works) with a rookie (again)

He Diggs it ;) 

Speaking of uniforms I went over to the The Gridiron Uniform Database site and the Texans just released their entire home uniform schedule for the 2021 season. They are the only team to do so but I would imagine the league has the uniform schedules for all teams since the Texans just made there's public. Probably see more teams do the same as we enter July. As we know the Bills release there's on a weekly basis and usually a few days before the game.