The return of the red helmet in 2022?

4 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I wouldn't mind seeing it every now and then, but I love the whites. As a matter of fact, current unis are far superior to anything we've ever had. I won't be accepting any counterarguments at this time.

Exactly, once a year is fine for the red but knowing Kim's taste in uniforms, she'll probably mess it up pretty good.

Sure hope this is legit, I would absolutely love love love seeing the complete 90’s set including the red helmets as our throwbacks…I know we’ve discussed unis ad nauseam, but seriously, Josh needs to throw some TD’s in that look, and all will be right with the world in that moment :thumbsup:.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

89F963F6-0C3F-40A6-BC3D-F56DF4629AF5.jpeg

I agree, 60’s style is way cleaner.

But it’s time to let the kids see the 90’s look in action. Circle of life.

All they need is the helmet and red socks.  The current unis are basically the unis they wore the first 5 years with the red lids. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Would be nice for a throwback for sure.

I love the classic AFL set, but that’s been done well enough.

We are plenty far enough away from the 90’s for those to be the new throwbacks.

Needs wider sleeve stripes, looks like a Giants throwback jersey.

The blue needs to be shiny. More "royal", like when they would shine in the sun back in the 90s.

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Pretty stupid that they would even have a policy that prohibited different color helmets. 

this, particularly if the helmet was one that was already used in the NFL.  I could understand prohibiting new colors without approval or whatever, but you should be able to wear whatever helmet your team ever worn.  

9 hours ago, DJB said:

giphy.gif

Only you could find Daffy in this activity (kept it clean mods)

As far as the red helmets, they are fine for 1-2 games, but love the current uni.  Regarding superstition because we had red helmets During the SB years, I don’t believe in it.  Besides, we get to the big dance in Feb., we’re wearing white helmets.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2