Euro 2020- Poland

BobbyC81

Awesome effort by Poland today in their final EURO 2020 match vs Sweden.  Had more possession in the Sweden half for the 2nd half as they rallied from a 2-0 deficit to tie, only to lose at the end.

it was also fun to see one of the team members with my last name.

• Like (+1) 3

What the OP feels about Poland is how I feel about the Italian national team.

Being of Italian descent and having some family members still living over in Italy, I have always identified with Italy as "my team" in international football.

Mancini has everyone going in the right direction, but if they play against Belgium the way they played against Austria, Italy will be out!

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Favorites out

Swiss go through on penalties 

The match was awesome.  When Pogba hit that missile to put the French up two nobody in the building believed they would lose.  Amazing comeback in the final 10 minutes by the Suisse and then perfection from the penalty spot.

I’m looking forward to England-Germany today at noon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My son and I are just on the train home from the England v Germany game. The best atmosphere I’ve ever seen at a soccer game despite Wembley being only 50% full.

Limbs everywhere for both goals. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Heart breaker. Can't imagine being 19 years old with the weight of the world on your shoulders. That's tough

Those last minute subs did not pay off.

We have a very happy house right now but I still don't care for pks after both teams played their hearts out for 120 minutes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Heart breaker. Can't imagine being 19 years old with the weight of the world on your shoulders. That's tough

He should never have been taking the 5th penalty. That's a lot of pressure. 

The best team on the night won the tie so no complaints. We should have pushed on once Chiesa went off but we never regained control at any point of the game from the second half kick off onwards. 

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

He should never have been taking the 5th penalty. That's a lot of pressure. 

The best team on the night won the tie so no complaints. We should have pushed on once Chiesa went off but we never regained control at any point of the game from the second half kick off onwards. 

Having that kid take that penalty instead of Grealish or Sterling should have gotten Southgate fired immediately. 

13 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Having that kid take that penalty instead of Grealish or Sterling should have gotten Southgate fired immediately. 

Lols. Grealish might not have wanted to take one. You’ll be amazed how a penalty shoot out shrinks the balls. 

5 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Lols. Grealish might not have wanted to take one. You’ll be amazed how a penalty shoot out shrinks the balls. 

Doesn't he take them for Aston Villa?

36 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Doesn't he take them for Aston Villa?

I’m not sure. Probably. He’s all they

have. 

I’d have thought he’d have had the fortitude and confidence to take on last night but you never can tell what goes on. 

4 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I’m not sure. Probably. He’s all they

have. 

I’d have thought he’d have had the fortitude and confidence to take on last night but you never can tell what goes on. 

Southgate seems to be willing to fall on the sword. Frankly even outside of the 5th spot there are issues.

I think all this bloviating over the senior players being cowards or whatever is just that. Not sure why half of England wants to make excuses for a manager who clearly botched the decision.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.