This is a simple Poll. Will Josh Allen regress?

Will Josh Allen Regress, Stay the same or get better?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Will Josh Regress

• Yes.. a lot
    • Yes a little
    • No about same numbers
    • No he will be a little better
    • HECK NO! Josh will take another leap!

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I believe his stats may regress, but overall he likely be a better QB, if that makes any sense to you.

If it doesn't make sense to you, well, I'm just keeping my streak going.

Makes perfect sense to me and I tried pointing that out a while ago in this same thread. 

Too many people equate being a passer with being a QB, when passing is only part of the job. Allen can literally improve in every other facet of being a QB (things he needs to improve, btw) and see less yards, less TDs, and lower completion % than last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

If he does regress, I don't think it will be enough to hurt. I hope that if he does regress some as far as the stats go that it will be because the running game has improved a lot, therefor running the ball more.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

22 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

If he does regress, I don't think it will be enough to hurt. I hope that if he does regress some as far as the stats go that it will be because the running game has improved a lot, therefor running the ball more.

Technically he would regress if he throws for one less yard and TD.  I think we will be okay.

I don't expect Josh to regress but he will not take any Dcoordinators by surprise. They will make our running game show up and try to keep Josh in the pocket. If our O-line holds up and the backs play better, we will dictate terms with most defenses on the schedule. 

17 hours ago, K-9 said:

Makes perfect sense to me and I tried pointing that out a while ago in this same thread. 

Too many people equate being a passer with being a QB, when passing is only part of the job. Allen can literally improve in every other facet of being a QB (things he needs to improve, btw) and see less yards, less TDs, and lower completion % than last season. 

K-9, I would have upvoted you.  Sorry I missed it.  This was one of those times where I read the OP and then just responded.  I am in the same wagon with you.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/28/2021 at 8:37 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I brought up the benching quip because you wanted to let us know you're above sports betting because you're a stock man.  Get over yourself tbh....

And to the other point, why is sports becoming less important to you but more motivated to negative about the Bills?  "I don't post much on here but when I do, I make sure everything I post is negative and want everyone to know it."  I mean isn't it common sense if you consistently post negative about a team on that teams message board...it won't be received well?  Especially when they were one game away from the Super Bowl the year before?

But you seem like you're doubling down on pessimism for this year.  "I was full of bad takes last year so I'm going to start this year with the same view."

I'm not always grumpy. But I am when I post on two Bills drive

7 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

It's a comparison between the early 90's and today, the only times in the SB era the Bills were "good enough". One era has the internet, the other did not. Age is a function of positivity in most humans.

Also, if one ages and negativity does not increase, even by the smallest margin, it's anomalous.

i'm happier and less negative/aggressive as i get older.  i'm smart enough now to know what's worth fighting for or completely ignoring, (most of the time).  you're perspective just sucks gene.  turn that ***** around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

You can gain happiness as you age if you reduce stress and gain financial freedom as well as maintain a healthy living.  I am much happier these days than I was in college, because college was difficult mentally & financially. That's the stuff "worth fighting for", a future with more freedoms of choice. However, sports entertainment, is simply not in that category, nor should it be.

I was much more invested in the success of the Buffalo Bills in my late teens/ early twenty's than I am these days, this is primarily because as one ages, their long term investments are on a shorter and shorter leash to actually provide some ROI or risk loss of interest or outright banishment. The Bills have been terrible at providing any ROI for decades. I can look back and see that in the 90's I was a Bills homer, and not sufficiently subjective, this I attribute to young age.

Subjectivity should increase with with age, along with pessimism, and yes, negativity. That's part of growing up, you're more skeptical as you have experienced more of humanity's BS. If not, you might be a NPC/lemming, or maybe a clueless hippy. (If hippies didn't so strongly resist nuclear power plants, our carbon emissions would be lower these days, as an aside on what can happen if you don't employ critical thinking).

The key to not becoming a get off my lawn guy is to continually introduce new iterests, which leaves less time for older long term intetests. Which is fine.

If the Bills win the SB this season, that would be cool, it would however not be life changing, it might have been if they had won in the early 90's.

As far as Allen regressing, statistcally, that's seems a given, as repeating or exceeding the performance of last season is unlikely. Now, if Allen is a unicorn as some would say, then it is possible. I don't think he's a unicorn, the lack of crowd noise came at the perfect time for his development cycle, and returning of the audience especially home games will adversely affect his performance IMO. Unless the Sanatra thing is a genuine technique.

I'm sorry but that's not universal, that's just you and that's the way you choose to live your life.

Viewing life negatively is a choice and that's your choice.  You have decided with age to be motivated by negativity and you want to let everyone on this board to know your pessimistic view of the Bills all the time.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

You can gain happiness as you age if you reduce stress and gain financial freedom as well as maintain a healthy living.  I am much happier these days than I was in college, because college was difficult mentally & financially. That's the stuff "worth fighting for", a future with more freedoms of choice. However, sports entertainment, is simply not in that category, nor should it be.

I was much more invested in the success of the Buffalo Bills in my late teens/ early twenty's than I am these days, this is primarily because as one ages, their long term investments are on a shorter and shorter leash to actually provide some ROI or risk loss of interest or outright banishment. The Bills have been terrible at providing any ROI for decades. I can look back and see that in the 90's I was a Bills homer, and not sufficiently subjective, this I attribute to young age.

Subjectivity should increase with with age, along with pessimism, and yes, negativity. That's part of growing up, you're more skeptical as you have experienced more of humanity's BS. If not, you might be a NPC/lemming, or maybe a clueless hippy. (If hippies didn't so strongly resist nuclear power plants, our carbon emissions would be lower these days, as an aside on what can happen if you don't employ critical thinking).

The key to not becoming a get off my lawn guy is to continually introduce new iterests, which leaves less time for older long term intetests. Which is fine.

If the Bills win the SB this season, that would be cool, it would however not be life changing, it might have been if they had won in the early 90's.

As far as Allen regressing, statistcally, that's seems a given, as repeating or exceeding the performance of last season is unlikely. Now, if Allen is a unicorn as some would say, then it is possible. I don't think he's a unicorn, the lack of crowd noise came at the perfect time for his development cycle, and returning of the audience especially home games will adversely affect his performance IMO. Unless the Sanatra thing is a genuine technique.

this is the typical gene nonsense style of thinking.  this is completely you being in your own head.  that's it.  i'm far less negative than i have ever been, mostly because i realize what has substance in life.  you're someone that still let's the minutia of life get you bent out of shape.  life isn't always easy, but it's pretty obvious you frame most things in a negative light, just that's because it's who you are.  so be it, but to think people that don't share your ***** view of the world are lemming or hippies, is just plain embarrassing on your part.  again gene, get your ***** together you sad sack.  change you perspective and maybe, just maybe your life will improve.  it sounds like it desperately needs to.

• Like (+1) 1

If statistically Allens numbers go down in the passing game yet Buffalo wins a championship do you call this regression?

A better run game could accomplish both IMO.

Myself personally, getting the O set for the right play at the right time run or pass is much more important then QB stats IMO.

and I think Josh Allen gets it...

• Agree 1

On 6/23/2021 at 2:45 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

I have seen on these boards of people thinking Allen will regress.. time to put your name with the words in a poll 

Lets hear the answer folks... I am interested... Do most of you really think Josh Allen will regress?

The answer is clear:  Most of us think he will be better

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The answer is clear:  Most of us think he will be better

Thanks NewEra. I found it interesting what some thought player regression meant. some thinks/thought its stats based. But we are talking about the player as a whole. If stats go down but he becomes a better in other tangibles then that is not player regression... That is just stat regression. I think in stats alone, that is where opinions are split.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

On 6/27/2021 at 1:46 AM, KzooMike said:

In a historical sense, it's a real threat. That said, how can you defend a guy that doesn't know what he will do from play to play? Run the play, take off running, bail on everything and make throws nobody else can. Allen isn't like anybody to come out in god knows how long. That doesn't mean he is the best but his game is the definition of exotic. If teams get ahead of Daboll it could slow Josh down, but I'm confident if that happens the Bills will adjust. I expect Allen to improve despite knowing most would recede.   

So this brings up a relevant ancillary point.  Opinion on Daboll is mixed on this forum. 

He won Assistant Coach of the Year last season, and PFF (fwiw) rates him the 2nd best play caller in the league, after Matt LaFleur of the Packers.

Some here have expressed a far more negative opinion of him.

So, if he's a creative genius, he's well aware of the fact that the rest of the league is dissecting his offense to figure out how to shut it down, and he's fully capable of coming up with new wrinkles and staying ahead of the herd.

If he's not, one factor in any observed "regression" on the part of Josh Allen might be that our offense has been "solved" and we have not "evolved" to match it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My heart is telling me he's going to keep trending upwards statistically, but my mind says that his stats will go down, but not due to any fault of his own. I think Daboll will better address the run game this off-season taking the pressure off of Allen to win every game. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So this brings up a relevant ancillary point.  Opinion on Daboll is mixed on this forum. 

He won Assistant Coach of the Year last season, and PFF (fwiw) rates him the 2nd best play caller in the league, after Matt LaFleur of the Packers.

Some here have expressed a far more negative opinion of him.

So, if he's a creative genius, he's well aware of the fact that the rest of the league is dissecting his offense to figure out how to shut it down, and he's fully capable of coming up with new wrinkles and staying ahead of the herd.

If he's not, one factor in any observed "regression" on the part of Josh Allen might be that our offense has been "solved" and we have not "evolved" to match it.

I think we need more creative plays like the flip pass to McKenzie. I think we need to roll with different ways with the screen.. things of that nature. Sad part is, if Daboll looks more genius this year, say good by to him the next.

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think we need more creative plays like the flip pass to McKenzie. I think we need to roll with different ways with the screen.. things of that nature. Sad part is, if Daboll looks more genius this year, say good by to him the next.

I, too, would like to see more effective use of the screen pass but we need good TE blocking (at least the ones I've seen Daboll design) and an RB who's a better pass catcher would help, too