This is a simple Poll. Will Josh Allen regress?

Will Josh Allen Regress, Stay the same or get better?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Will Josh Regress

• Yes.. a lot
    • Yes a little
    • No about same numbers
    • No he will be a little better
    • HECK NO! Josh will take another leap!

This poll is closed to new votes

16 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Allen will regress, yes. So will the team overall, they were overachievers last season. They will not go 6-0 in the division again. Last season with no crowds was anomalous. No crowd noise had a lot to do with Allen's play IMO. He'll come back down to earth and play more like 2019 than 2020.

You were spot on with your predictions last year.  Dolphins won the division and the Bills didn’t make the playoffs right?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

In a historical sense, it's a real threat. That said, how can you defend a guy that doesn't know what he will do from play to play? Run the play, take off running, bail on everything and make throws nobody else can. Allen isn't like anybody to come out in god knows how long. That doesn't mean he is the best but his game is the definition of exotic. If teams get ahead of Daboll it could slow Josh down, but I'm confident if that happens the Bills will adjust. I expect Allen to improve despite knowing most would recede.   

On 6/26/2021 at 4:34 AM, Gene1973 said:

Allen will regress, yes. So will the team overall, they were overachievers last season. They will not go 6-0 in the division again. Last season with no crowds was anomalous. No crowd noise had a lot to do with Allen's play IMO. He'll come back down to earth and play more like 2019 than 2020.

Does it really need to be explained to you that all teams had the same situation with crowd noise go play in traffic

15 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think because Allen was still developing it helped him in a way that crowd noise this season will likely hurt more than most think it will.

I only bet money in the stock market, so sports predictions for me are unconsequential.

france soccer GIF by PlayStation

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think because Allen was still developing it helped him in a way that crowd noise this season will likely hurt more than most think it will.

I only bet money in the stock market, so sports predictions for me are unconsequential.

Bolded  So that's garbage... as much as crowd noise goes against QB's in away games... That much more will help QB's in home games. Another horrible narrative.

There is a old saying in sports talk.. If you are going to say something that might not be popular... prepare to put your money where your mouth is.

as for what you do in the stock market?

59 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it's all intentional. trying to get a rise and looks as though he succeeded. it's best to just ignore the nonsense he posts and realize that he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. 

although he'll try to fool some with his articulate words, like he has some football knowledge but it's obvious he has no clue.

as for poll/question. 

no way JA regresses. matter of fact, he'll likely have as good or better year in '21 then (hopefully hoisting up the lombardi) he had in '20?

crowd noise affects his game negatively, that's a laugh.

He’s my favorite source of humor on this board.  It’s pretty epic stuff.  When gene is dormant, I don’t laugh as much.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/26/2021 at 7:34 AM, Gene1973 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

He's bound to regress a little.  Even the best qb's don't play at an MVP level every year.  However, in his career, he'll have at least a few more years like the last one.

If he doesn't regress and he plays every year like he did last year, he'll be in the running to be among the best of all time.

7 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Are you going to tell me how much you bench next?

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

I'm dormant more often now because football is becoming less important as I age. It's just not as big a deal as when I was in college during the "glory years". It's sad that glory years equates to perenially losing Super Bowls though...

So its becoming less important with age but at the same it motivates you to come on message boards to consistently post negatively?  

How often so you use the phrase “I would like to speak to your Manager”.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you going to tell me how much you bench next?

So its becoming less important with age but at the same it motivates you to come on message boards to consistently post negatively?  

How often so you use the phrase “I would like to speak to your Manager”.

Don’t make him go away!!!  We need to make him feel comfortable so he comes out to play more often

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I posted a heck of a lot more on BBMB back in the day, and if the internet was around in the early 90's would have been even more.

I don't get the benching quip. What I was saying is betting on sports is foolish in comparison to stocks. The "money where your mouth is" is a load of crap. You don't see NFL talking heads getting fired for all their bad takes on predictions. Get over yourselves tbh...

I brought up the benching quip because you wanted to let us know you're above sports betting because you're a stock man.  Get over yourself tbh....

And to the other point, why is sports becoming less important to you but more motivated to negative about the Bills?  "I don't post much on here but when I do, I make sure everything I post is negative and want everyone to know it."  I mean isn't it common sense if you consistently post negative about a team on that teams message board...it won't be received well?  Especially when they were one game away from the Super Bowl the year before?

But you seem like you're doubling down on pessimism for this year.  "I was full of bad takes last year so I'm going to start this year with the same view."

15 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I'm dormant more often now because football is becoming less important as I age. It's just not as big a deal as when I was in college during the "glory years". It's sad that glory years equates to perenially losing Super Bowls though...

Football is becoming less important to you b.c the Bills are now winning and you don't like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am sure over the next 15 years or so Allen's numbers will go up and down from previous years. I am sure Brady had years where his numbers regressed as well Bottom line is as long as the Bills are competitive and can win a couple of Super Bowls during Allen's career then I really won't care what his numbers are. I see Josh having the type of career with the Bills that Ben has had with the Steelers.