Time to hate PFF again...Allen #40, Diggs #45...

eball

23 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

What's going to be interesting is as Josh gets older and his athletic abilities start to decline (as to when he's just a great athlete for the position and not a FREAK athlete), how his game evolves.  He's worked a ton on being able to read defenses and become a smart passer, and an excellent leader, so I think it's quite possible that his stats never again approach 2020 levels (especially in rushing), but he continues to be a top 5 QB.  

I certainly don't think he peaked in 2020.   Not close.  

I agree, he will have some decline physically, but all that really means is that he won't run as much.  He'll become a 200-yard rushing guy, like more or less all QBs.   

But it takes longer than three years for QBs to become expert at the mental game.   It takes five or six years for QBs to get into their prime, mentally.   Allen is still growing mentally - he isn't close to done.   Assuming he continues to improve, his mental development will overcome any physical decline.  Peyton was much better in his final years in Indy, even though he'd become more or less immobile.  

Allen is great slipping tackles in the pocket, a lot like Big Ben.   Allen's go great size.   He's going to be outstanding from the pocket in a few years.  

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s not remotely true. PFF has Josh Allen’s overall 2020 grade at 90.3 and Lamar Jackson’s at 79.3.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/qb

That's an actual grade. Opinion wise they love Lamar. They did however have Allen 6th and Lamar 8th in their 2021 QB rankings. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Nonsense like this is why Pfft is on my ignore list, it’s truly amazing that anyone would find value in the c rap they spew. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Most people will be wrong.  His decision making, confidence, and leadership will only grow.  PFF are still clinging to their (last) hope that Josh's 2020 was an anomaly.

Yeah I don't really understand the assumption that Josh will trail off a bit. There are people who say that he has the most raw talent of any quarterback EVER. So sure, he finished second in MVP voting and it's hard to see him getting better, but every offseason he says he's going to work on something, be it deep passes, reading defenses, etc. And every single year there is a massive improvement for him in that department. This time it's inbreaking routes, which would give the offence another dimension, and kinda squash any notions of stopping the offense by watching a ton of film.

I just think Allen is going to get to a point where he simply doesn't have weaknesses.

Let's focus on what PFF did get right for some positivity. Anyone could have made a mistake and included graphics of bison but PFF used the Buffalo native African water buffalo. At least they do their research, even if sometimes it seems a bit wonky.