Time to hate PFF again...Allen #40, Diggs #45...

eball

1 minute ago, eball said:

Most people will be wrong.  His decision making, confidence, and leadership will only grow.  PFF are still clinging to their (last) hope that Josh's 2020 was an anomaly.

Maybe. Regression from where he was isn't saying he's bad. He might be a a better more efficient QB but his numbers drop. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Different offenses. Brown might be the best run after catch WR in the NFL. 

This is literally the first time i've even heard anyone mention Brown in the same breath as Diggs.... not sure what your aim is here. do you honestly believe that ranking is justified?

thats a really weak hill to die on.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Maybe. Regression from where he was isn't saying he's bad. He might be a a better more efficient QB but his numbers drop. 

Do you believe Josh reached his ceiling last year?

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is literally the first time i've even heard anyone mention Brown in the same breath as Diggs.... not sure what your aim is here. do you honestly believe that ranking is justified?

I wouldn't rank Brown over Diggs. I don't care about opinions. Why do people get sensitive when their favorite players are ranked lower than they think? 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wouldn't rank Brown over Diggs. I don't care about opinions. Why do people get sensitive when their favorite players are ranked lower than they think? 

I could deal with mike thomas being ahead of him at #44. proven elite track record. But Brown? no way. and the fact that you even entertain it is absurd to me. It just looks like you have some sort of odd allegiance to PFF. thats the only way i could see anyone not just downright scoffing at that ranking over Diggs. Brown has absolutely no business being in that convo at this point.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Do you believe Josh reached his ceiling last year?

Allen can have a 5000 yard 50 TD season but I think he will be a consistent 4000 yard 30 TD QB. 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I could deal with mike thomas being ahead of him. proven elite track record. Brown? no way. and the fact that you even entertain it its absurd to me. Brown has absolutely no business being in that convo at this point.

Why not? Because Diggs gets more targets? 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think he will be a consistent 4000 yard 30 TD QB

I'd say that means your answer to my question is yes since those numbers are significantly lower than what Allen did last season.  "Ceiling" is a player's sustained best, not one crazy good year.  Let's just say we disagree about what Josh's "average" year going forward will look like.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, eball said:

...in their rankings of the top 50 players in football regardless of position.

Pff is short for pffffffft.

...bring me the head of this fool so that I may urinate on it!

or I just plain don't agree with them and leave it at that.  One or the other is fine.  

#40 and #45...pfft, ridiculous is right.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Allen can have a 5000 yard 50 TD season but I think he will be a consistent 4000 yard 30 TD QB. 

Why not? Because Diggs gets more targets? 

Ok. I'm done with this. You are obviously just being difficult for the sake of it or have some sort of odd allegiance with PFF. Elite weapons usually get more looks. That how it works. Anyone even entertaining the idea that Brown is better than Diggs cant be taken seriously. Good talk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I mean it's not as bad as their ranking for Allen.  AJ Brown is a great WR, he's a better YAC and contested ball WR than Diggs.  Diggs is more consistent and is more crafty getting open.  Brown is a freak of nature athlete..  He doesn't get a ton of looks in that offense though for some reason.  

What's going to be interesting is as Josh gets older and his athletic abilities start to decline (as to when he's just a great athlete for the position and not a FREAK athlete), how his game evolves.  He's worked a ton on being able to read defenses and become a smart passer, and an excellent leader, so I think it's quite possible that his stats never again approach 2020 levels (especially in rushing), but he continues to be a top 5 QB.  

49 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It can't be a straight 2020 performance ranking. Some injured players are ranked higher. 

It's just a top 50 overall, not 2020.

Good point.  The ratings would make sense if they’re factoring in things like consistency, longevity, etc.