Tom Brady talks about his FA experience - which team is he slamming here?

What he said doesn't really bother me.

To be as competitive as he's been, he sees everyone as competition. Saying "that mother f'er" in reference to someone isn't really that weird, nor is it insulting. Brady definitely has a huge ego though, but that just makes sense at this point. Kind of what I'd expect Kobe to sound like if he had ever entered FA.

Prior to him, a QB having 4 Super Bowl rings was the best it got. And people would always say "but that was in the era before free agency!" like it wasn't possible anymore. Then here comes this "mother f'er" & just goes and gets SEVEN Super Bowl rings... forever ruining it for future generations like a prick lol

Also, my use of "mother f'er" may be seen as a joke, but no.... I mean that in the most harsh, insulting, evil way possible 😁

Edited by BigDingus

I think a big part of Brady's success, especially with NE, is that most football coaches early in his career were totally cookie cutter, interchangeable pieces that never brought an original perspective to the game. 

Brady's opponents were so often mediocre, central casting football coaches who could win 6-9 games a season and whose rationale for doing things was because "it's what you do."

Run and stop the run

You don't go for it on 4th down (that has changed a little finally)

You don't just keep passing, you need to "establish the run" (also changing)

You don't try to go undefeated. Rest your starters or risk injury (Kudos to both NE and the Giants for playing that game for real)

You've gotta ___________________ in this situation

All wimpy, super conservative mindsets that the other team LOVES. 

You stop a team and it's 4th and short. What do YOU want to happen? You WANT them to punt. It's like some unspoken gentleman's agreement. 

As much as I despise NE, Brady and Belichick, you have to give them credit for turning a lot of these things on their head long before other coaches caught on. You could see the rage in Peyton Manning's eyes when coach "thousand yard stare" pulled him halfway through the game when the Colts could have gone undefeated as well.

"Can't risk injury."

Wimpy, "safe" and uninspiring. He could have been the second coach in history to go 16-0. Instead he's a footnote. Too afraid to go for it. 

When it comes down to it, Belichick and Brady had the guts to go for things, as much as I hate saying it. 

Take Brady's free agency at age 42 and starting over on a new team. High chance of embarrassing himself, but he went for it anyway. 

The lesson from NE and Brady is this: we are capable of a LOT more than we think, whatever it is we do. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/21/2021 at 8:11 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

When oh when will we finally be rid of this self-centered egomaniacal gentleman? 🧐

There was no team let alone one in Mahomes division.  

Total hype for a show no one outside of Boston and Tampa will be watching tonight. 

The hype for the eventual Tom Brady version of The Last Dance will be much easier to take and probably somewhat enjoyable as we're on to our 4th Super Bowl of the Allen Era.   

On 6/21/2021 at 9:24 PM, Doc said:

Which team besides the Bucs were loaded on offense?  Look there first. 

Leads me to believe it was the 49ers or the Chargers.  Likely the 9ers.

On 6/26/2021 at 3:01 PM, babulator said:

It appears Tom ran himself aground last week :P

* He's like 10 seconds into the vid.

From what I've seen, it's not a hard thing to do at Haulover.  

• Agree 1