Tom Brady talks about his FA experience - which team is he slamming here?

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Some speculated it was 49ers, but I'm not so sure. He was pretty familiar with J.G from Pats days. Also J.G helped get 49ers to a recent SuperBowl. So not sure he was referring to him imo.

Could be any team. It's likely there were quite a few trying to get Brady at the time. So who knows.....

Not any but a lot of teams.  Honestly think back a year ago, It could have been the Bills because J Allen was hardly a "proven" QB at that point (hope like hell he is now).  That is of course assuming Brady would even consider "lowering" himself to even consider the Bills, dont think he is ego would allow it.

• Disagree 4

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Not any but a lot of teams.  Honestly think back a year ago, It could have been the Bills because J Allen was hardly a "proven" QB at that point (hope like hell he is now).  That is of course assuming Brady would even consider "lowering" himself to even consider the Bills, dont think he is ego would allow it.

I feel very comfortable saying in no way shape or form it could have been the Bills. Not a chance.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I feel very comfortable saying in no way shape or form it could have been the Bills. Not a chance.....

I wouldn't in any shape way or from try to second guess Brady's psychological motives, he doesn't have anything left to prove.  Amazing how Brady does these interviews now, i find it hard to believe he would say these things under Belichek, has to be and incredible relief.    Talk about one way to really stick it to the Belichek, go to Buffalo.

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I wouldn't in any shape way or from try to second guess Brady's psychological motives, he doesn't have anything left to prove.  Amazing how Brady does these interviews now, i find it hard to believe he would say these things under Belichek, has to be and incredible relief.    Talk about one way to really stick it to the Belichek, go to Buffalo.

I hear ya.....but still, no chance Bills were even interested or involved in any way. Lol, no way they would have even considered going away from Allen. 

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I hear ya.....but still, no chance Bills were even interested. Lol, no way they would have even considered going away from Allen. 

Only entering year three yes I doubt the Bills were ready to give up om J Allen  but he was far from proven.   I can certainly think back then with the arrogant (justified) smug Tom Brady thinking exactly like that re J Allen.   What J Allen did in 2020 did QB quality play strides is hard to fathom/replicate.  I cant think of any QB in the modern era making incredible progress as he did.  Tommy Maddox?

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Only entering year three yes I doubt the Bills were ready to give up om J Allen  but he was far from proven.   I can certainly think back then with the arrogant (justified) smug Tom Brady thinking exactly like that re J Allen.   What J Allen did in 2020 did QB quality play strides is hard to fathom/replicate.  I cant think of any QB in the modern era making incredible progress as he did.  Tommy Maddox?

NFL players knew Josh could play. The media wasn't sure and maybe his performance this year was better than NFL players expected but after every game in 2019 you get quotes from defensive player that Josh was good. Talent recognizes talent.

Zeke Elliot called him a baller i think. And he was voted into the top 100. Players knew

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

NFL players knew Josh could play. The media wasn't sure and maybe his performance this year was better than NFL players expected but after every game in 2019 you get quotes from defensive player that Josh was good. Talent recognizes talent.

Zeke Elliot called him a baller i think. And he was voted into the top 100. Players knew

Ok Captain Hindsight, a year ago I dont know if NFL players "knew" he could play but the J Allen narrative has changed 100%, or maybe 75% in the past year.  Irrelevant now, we have to see how he does, hopefully progressed this year.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No way he would lower himself to come to sunny and warm Orchard Park, NY.

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Benjamin Allbright said it was Tannehill

Or hilarious

Time will tell

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree, I hope he goes back to New England, at some point he is going to fail and fail miserably and to do so back in New England would be tremendous.

Well, the meme says "Superbowl MVP", so if that scenario happens he'd still be winning Superbowls.

I think it has to be the 49ers. It sounds emotional and he's always wanted to play for them + volatile QB situation.

I don't believe it was Tannehill. He's pretty good.

Edited by Boxcar
  • Like (+1) 1

I have to think it’s SF. Think about it. You’ve always wanted to play for the Bills since childhood, you go out and prove yourself as a national champ for years on another team. You finally realize you are nearing retirement and want to finish on the team you have always loved. Your childhood favorite decides to go with your former backup instead of you (eventhough you have proven yourself). I know I would be very pissed off if that was the case. After all of that I don’t even know if I could root for the Bills(SF) again. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills