Carl Nassib Announces He is Gay

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

Whatever...shudder away. My point is, if you have one member openly seeking the opposite sex, within the confines of showering together, it MIGHT happen. an attraction at the very least. Is that mathematically improbable??

What’s mathematically probable is that there’s already likely 5 players on every teams roster who are gay/bi and are just not out, following national statistical trends.

Do you want these people rooted out? What test would you advise? Show every player a picture of boobs and see who says “oh yeah!” Or “ewww”?

Carl is the same guy he was last year when he was showering with the team.

Edited by Aaronthebaron
  • Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

Whatever...shudder away. My point is, if you have one member openly seeking the opposite sex, within the confines of showering together, it MIGHT happen. an attraction at the very least. Is that mathematically improbable??

what has stopped him from hitting on all his teammates all these years?  i'm sure you've come across gay guys in the past have they hit on you?

• Like (+1) 2

He’s not the only one, and more power to him, it was a brave thing for him to do, gotta respect that in any person. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good for Nassib.  That took courage.  Which is more than sort of sad, because it shouldn’t take that type of bravery to live an honest, decent life.  I can’t stand the Raiders, but I’m pulling for this guy.  

Also, FYI, there is at least one prominent Bill in the not-so-distant past who is gay.  It was an open secret back in the day.  We all rooted for him.  So anyone who has a problem with Nassib … keep that in mind. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Also, FYI, there is at least one prominent Bill in the not-so-distant past who is gay.  It was an open secret back in the day.  We all rooted for him.  So anyone who has a problem with Nassib … keep that in mind. 

Travis Henry?

• Haha (+1) 2

I applaud him because that definitely took a lot of guts considering the macho culture of the NFL. There must be a lot more gay players in the league who will probably never come out. Statistically there are probably about two full NFL teams worth of gay players.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't think I do know what you mean.  I routinely see fellow members of Bills Mafia pollute this board, facebook, and twitter with truly abhorrent posts on the topics of race and sexuality.  Its hardly "woke" to call this out.

Its not a difference of opinion.  Words have clear and established meanings.  Like normal for instance, "conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected."  So when a player comes out and becomes the FIRST ACTIVE OPENLY GAY PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY  that is anything but normal because its the first time in history that it has ever happened.  This event is literally the antithesis of normal.  Everything you have posted in this thread is completely incorrect 

well then i guess i should elaborate;

Another poster said he was ashamed to share a fanbase with some of the people whose comments said poster did not agree with.   One thought that came into my mind is that just because someone share's an interest or love in one area of their lives does not mean that the same will be true in other areas.  So i said something similar as in Bills fans' politics,ethics, morals etc. are not monolithic.

Now for my part that probably was not the intention of the original poster(ie to generalize), or that because someone shares a common sense point of view in one area does not mean that they are/should be so 'woke' about other areas.

So when I said, "billsfan dont get me wrong, i roll my eyes at some of the stuff that gets posted, but just because we are all bills fans doesn't mean we are all lol 'woke' cant believe i just used that term but i think ya'll know what i mean"

So I was not trying to get at him about calling out people whose posts he/she considers abhorrent but his/her feelings of seeming surprise/shame that some Bills fans arent 'woke' by which I meant has the skills/thought/intelligence or whatever you want to call it to be able to walk in other people's shoes(empathy) and use that to better understand someone's perspective/feelings/thoughts/emotions so as to apply the golden rule of if you were in their shoes how would you feel about being treated a certain way just because your skin is a different color, or if you love/are attracted to people of the same sex, or whatever the difference is that people who are not 'woke' use to divide, demean, belittle, eliminate, keep down, etc. everyone who is not like them or acceptable to them.

I knew it was going to be semi difficult for me to articulate correctly what exactly i was trying to say while using the word 'woke' such as I did, so I was hoping to get away with that alone, though I now feel better for having at least made an attempt to elaborate and articulate the meaning of what I was trying to say.  Though admittedly I still might have failed. 

one person could be a good bills fan, despise racism, is fair and considerate to almost all, but then you find out that said person believes women should only be barefoot pregnant in the kitchen>  ie being a bills fan does not mean someone is not a racist or sexist or whatever, they are not mutually exclusive, which was my initial thought and reaction to the other poster

i think maybe i over explained this one for fear of improper communication, i am a bit insecure when it comes to communication as it always seems so clear in my head but then when i try to put it out into the universe i can never seem to get across exactly what i mean

Edited by just1hugheser
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, bahamasbills said:

Didn't Michael Sam already fulfill that role?

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yes he did.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Yeah.  That should read first active player to come out.  Sam came out in college.

I don’t believe Michael Sam ever played and active down in the NFL.  

I believe he was drafted late (7th rd I think) by the Rams and failed to make their squad and was cut prior to the 1st game.

I think Dallas put him on their practice squad for a bit, but he was never and active player.

Sam does hold the distinction of being the first openly gay player drafted (and good for him), but not the first active NFL player to come out - nor the first openly gay player to play a live game - that falls to Carl for right now - unless someone else follows his lead.

• Like (+1) 1

“Shouldn’t be news”

But also it’s 2021 and the NFL has NEVER had a player come out as gay. It is 2021 and nearly 27,000 players have dressed for an NFL, and this is the first time.

The NFL is antiquated. Maybe this is news, and some thing we talk about and normalize, so we don’t have to wait until 20 effing 21 for an NFL player to come out of the closet.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

But he isn't of the opposite sex. He is of the same sex. And believe me - Carl Nassib ain't in the slightest bit interested in what you have got fella.

how could you possibly know this?

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Aaronthebaron said:

What’s mathematically probable is that there’s already likely 5 players on every teams roster who are gay/bi and are just not out, following national statistical trends.

Do you want these people rooted out? What test would you advise? Show every player a picture of boobs and see who says “oh yeah!” Or “ewww”?

Carl is the same guy he was last year when he was showering with the team.

avg in US is aprox 3.5% to 3.9% of men in gen pop as Gay or Bi.. So more like 1 or 2 per team. I only count 53 man roster that made team after preseason due to Sam did not count per this board. Even though he was drafted, in camp, cut at 53 man deadline so did not count per this board. Then on practice squad but never put on the 53 man roster and so does not count according to this board.

I would also add football is such a masculine sport i doubt it attracts GB leaning individuals so that 2 number per team is likely possibly lower.

• Dislike 1