Carl Nassib Announces He is Gay

6 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

It has nothing to do with football is all. It shouldn't make him viewed any differently if he is or isn't.

It shouldn't but it does. It also becomes relevant in a similar way it was in the services. If the most macho organizations in our society can accept somebody in the ways you suggest, it would show a lot of progress for society as a whole. The fact that this thread exists shows us we are not at that point yet. 

2 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

It shouldn't but it does. It also becomes relevant in a similar way it was in the services. If the most macho organizations in our society can accept somebody in the ways you suggest, it would show a lot of progress for society as a whole. The fact that this thread exists shows us we are not at that point yet. 

I suppose, I grew up in a multi racial family with gay uncles in the 90s maybe I'm naive for thinking things like this are already normal.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Southern_Bills said:

I suppose, I grew up in a multi racial family with gay uncles in the 90s maybe I'm naive for thinking things like this are already normal.

What part of FIRST ACTIVE OPENLY GAY PLAYER  IN NFL HISTORY gives you the impression that this is already normal?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I can see that angle, and I understand others will make a bigger deal of it than he intended.

It’s always a big deal when it’s the first. The hope is from here on out it’s not a big deal.

• Like (+1) 3

Hopefully this lets any other players who have felt the need to hide, be more comfortable in disclosing (if they choose). But I also respect players' right to privacy, and honestly care very little about their personal lives. Ideally he will be accepted the same as before but unfortunately there are going to be some haters... there always are.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

I'm not sure, but when you typed it in all caps I think you brought me around to your way of thinking. 🙄

I would suggest you read it again but this time slowly and in your loudest voice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Good for him

say what you want. A person is allowed and encouraged to be themselves by all means. However, In a shower room of 52 other players, that may not be accepted. Plain facts. I know girls in my school wouldn't want me showering with them. Knowing I like *****. Where do you draw the line?? What ever happened to don't kiss n tell?? jmo. Am I allowwd to say "flame away" on this?😏

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

say what you want. A person is allowed and encouraged to be themselves by all means. However, In a shower room of 52 other players, that may not be accepted. Plain facts. I know girls in my school wouldn't want me showering with them. Knowing I like *****. Where do you draw the line?? What ever happened to don't kiss n tell?? jmo. Am I allowwd to say "flame away" on this?😏

Most people draw the line at suggesting that because he is gay he sees his teammates as sexual objects rather than football players. Where your line is I shudder to think.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, just1hugheser said:

billsfan dont get me wrong, i roll my eyes at some of the stuff that gets posted, but just because we are all bills fans doesn't mean are all lol 'woke' cant believe i just used that term but i think ya'll know what i mean.

I don't think I do know what you mean.  I routinely see fellow members of Bills Mafia pollute this board, facebook, and twitter with truly abhorrent posts on the topics of race and sexuality.  Its hardly "woke" to call this out.

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

That will most likely make us agree, you are correct. 

Just because people have differences of opinion doesn't mean you have to be belligerent. 

Its not a difference of opinion.  Words have clear and established meanings.  Like normal for instance, "conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected."  So when a player comes out and becomes the FIRST ACTIVE OPENLY GAY PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY  that is anything but normal because its the first time in history that it has ever happened.  This event is literally the antithesis of normal.  Everything you have posted in this thread is completely incorrect 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Most people draw the line at suggesting that because he is gay he sees his teammates as sexual objects rather than football players. Where your line is I shudder to think.

Whatever...shudder away. My point is, if you have one member openly seeking the opposite sex, within the confines of showering together, it MIGHT happen. an attraction at the very least. Is that mathematically improbable??

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shouldn’t even be news

Great for him to feel comfortable enough to come out but it doesn't matter to me whether he's an NFL player or working at Wegmans.

If nothing else it's great a player finally stepped forward and put their personal feelings over their professional lives on the line. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Whatever...shudder away. My point is, if you have one member openly seeking the opposite sex, within the confines of showering together, it MIGHT happen. an attraction at the very least. Is that mathematically improbable??

And this worries you or are you just explaining to us the mechanics of homosexual attraction and where it may occur?

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

He might be attracted to a teammate - yes. That is possible. Unless he attempts to hit on the teammate how is it even relevant?