Chris Simms Top 40 quaterbacks - in depth Josh vs Aaron

I am clearly a huge Bills fan and Josh Allen fan but it seems to me every time Chris Simms opens his mouth about QB analysis or rankings or whatever, he’s trying to be a hot take artist. It’s like he wants to be talked about - “wow can you believe Chris Simms thinks Kellen mond should have been a 1st rounder?? What is he thinking or is literally everyone else including people who do this for a living totally wrong about him?? ” Etc etc 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am clearly a huge Bills fan and Josh Allen fan but it seems to me every time Chris Simms opens his mouth about QB analysis or rankings or whatever, he’s trying to be a hot take artist. It’s like he wants to be talked about - “wow can you believe Chris Simms thinks Kellen mond should have been a 1st rounder?? What is he thinking or is literally everyone else including people who do this for a living totally wrong about him?? ” Etc etc 

Ranking Kyler Murray above Brady proves your point very clearly. Simms understands what hot takes will fill up internet news articles with his name attached. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Ranking Kyler Murray above Brady proves your point very clearly. Simms understands what hot takes will fill up internet news articles with his name attached. 

Omg can you believe this guy, Retweet, Retweet, click, click 🙄

off-season crap that means nothing and will just get people all up ready to place backlash on Allen tbh 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I think that is true of most of these guys. Click bait gets revenue. However, he has been pretty decent at picking the NFL draft quarterbacks over the last few years .. and he had some good takes .. turnover-worthy play criticism - he throws more; how do you count if he threads a needle  and gets a completion but it looks like a defender is close is that turnover worthy, perhaps how hard he throws makes it harder for defenders who are not used to it to intercept him, ...)

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I think that is true of most of these guys. Click bait gets revenue. However, he has been pretty decent at picking the NFL draft quarterbacks over the last few years .. and he had some good takes .. turnover-worthy play criticism - he throws more; how do you count if he threads a needle  and gets a completion but it looks like a defender is close is that turnover worthy, perhaps how hard he throws makes it harder for defenders who are not used to it to intercept him, ...)

Don’t get me wrong, I like that he ranked Josh 2nd and it’s a good thread. I’m just not a huge fan of Simms for that reason I stated. 

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don’t get me wrong, I like that he ranked Josh 2nd and it’s a good thread. I’m just not a huge fan of Simms for that reason I stated. 

Very much like posters who post variants on threads with latest news so to get their posting name listed as originator of threads even if it ends up posters going back and forth on same topic again.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess you aren’t wrong but in his defense he‘s pounded the table for Allen since he was drafted. And for McDermott as well. So I don’t know if I actually believe he thinks it’s a hot take. He also flat out says rodgers is his favorite qb of all time…. I personally love him just based on his weekly breakdowns of players and game situations and how he has a knack for communicating some complex things with your average fan. 

….. and it obviously doesn’t hurt that he routinely called out anyone that still was dumb enough to bash Allen last year. Haha. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chris Simms has a excellent track record predicting QB success lately. I respect his opinion much more than the other analyst out there

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he is a hot take guy. I think he has guys he’s a huge fan of as either players and/or human, and sometimes that skus his rankings.

I think if A-A-Rod would have just played rather then been a huge cry baby this off season, it probably goes the other way. Rodgers played football at an absurd level last year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He heavily debated which to put at 2 and which at 3, but landed with Josh getting the 2nd spot. Felt he could easily have been MVP as he makes more game changing plays.

Oh great! Now Rodgers is going to be disgruntled with Simms

2 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Much rather listen to Simms than the likes of Shannon Sharp, Skip Bayless, Steven A, or his clown co-host Kellerman.  

100% ^^^^^ 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tua is 34th AWESOME 😎 !!!!

• Agree 1