I just saw DK Metcalf in a Nestle Quik commercial....

cage

29 minutes ago, bahamasbills said:

Most outsiders do not respect the franchise (because we lost all the super bowls, and have been losing for a long while).  I think Josh not having any big endorsements are because of the team he plays on.  We will have to win the big one before all that comes (and I think its coming soon), but the reality is our players have to stand out a lot more than some other players to get some recognition nationally.

The Browns had been the laughing stock of league for a generation, but Mayfield got national endorsements pretty quick--because of his notoriety in college.  

In the greater NFL realm, few people had heard of Josh Allen before he was drafted....because he came from a school in the middle of nowhere.  Since then, he has had one above average season.  If the Bills win the SB, or at least go to it, maybe he'll get some endorsements.   Like Mahomes.

1 hour ago, bahamasbills said:

Not really taking it as disrespect.  I think when we win the super bowl this year we will get the recognition.  Was simply pointing out in my opinion, based on what I have seen over the years Bills players do often get overlooked because we didn't win any of those super bowls and have been losing since.  

I also think the Pegulas are doing a much better job marketing the team and putting the franchise in a better light than Wilson did in his last years.  I think there are a lot of politics behind the scenes and having owners who actively market, promote the team, and make the media welcomed plays a big part in this.

This is an ownership the suspended its own Minister of Propaganda for (briefly) acting (sort of) as a member of the press by describing on the team's radio show where a few players were lining up in training camp....

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The fact that Josh Allen is not on a Jake from State Farm commercial at this point is blasphemy

You mean Josh From State Farm. 🤪😇

you’re the man, man.

As far as a small market thing, it won’t matter if he lights it up again.  Rodgers has done more than enough commercials in probably the smallest market team in America.  Indy’s not big either and we’ll Peyton M.  Once the media pundits fawn all over him as he repeats this year, we’ll see him more than enough.

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Browns had been the laughing stock of league for a generation, but Mayfield got national endorsements pretty quick--because of his notoriety in college.  

In the greater NFL realm, few people had heard of Josh Allen before he was drafted....because he came from a school in the middle of nowhere.  Since then, he has had one above average season.  If the Bills win the SB, or at least go to it, maybe he'll get some endorsements.   Like Mahomes.

Allen had an above average season?!  Are you really gonna just downplay a great season to try and prove a point?

I already said if we win the SB the endorsements will come in, but Mahomes was getting the endorsements before they won the super bowl.  He wasnt a big college star.  Point is buffalo players always have to do a little extra for that recognition.

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is an ownership the suspended its own Minister of Propaganda for (briefly) acting (sort of) as a member of the press by describing on the team's radio show where a few players were lining up in training camp....

Main point I was making is the current owners seem to market the team and players a little better.  Suspending Chris Brown was probably just a little warning shot to others, but it doesnt mean they arent welcoming to the media. 

Either way main thing I was trying to say was the owners look to be trying to make our team more likeable to the media in general.  To me it seems they also saw how the national media, fans, and players from other teams viewed the franchise and set out to fix it.  Its why they went over the top on the training facility.  Its like hey look over here this is the new Buffalo Bills, we arent scared to spend money, we want the league to notice us finally. 

7 minutes ago, bahamasbills said:

Allen had an above average season?!  Are you really gonna just downplay a great season to try and prove a point?

I already said if we win the SB the endorsements will come in, but Mahomes was getting the endorsements before they won the super bowl.  He wasnt a big college star.  Point is buffalo players always have to do a little extra for that recognition.

Main point I was making is the current owners seem to market the team and players a little better.  Suspending Chris Brown was probably just a little warning shot to others, but it doesnt mean they arent welcoming to the media. 

Either way main thing I was trying to say was the owners look to be trying to make our team more likeable to the media in general.  To me it seems they also saw how the national media, fans, and players from other teams viewed the franchise and set out to fix it.  Its why they went over the top on the training facility.  Its like hey look over here this is the new Buffalo Bills, we arent scared to spend money, we want the league to notice us finally. 

Read it again....I said "one above average" season.  It was a great one.  I don't see anything Pegula is doing in particular to market this team.   Winning is doing that.

No, he wasn't a "big" college star.....Mahomes was a massive college star:

As a Freshman, he had 4 starts, including against Baylor, where he threw for 600 yards and 6 TDs.

As a Sophomore, he had 4600 yards and 36 TDS

As a Junior, he lead the country in YPG, total yards passing, total yards offense, total points scored, and TD passes (53!)

He currently holds the NCAA records for passing yards in a game (734!) and total yards in a game (819).

In his first season as Chiefs starter, he was:

Pro Bowler

1st team All Pro

NFL Offensive Player of the year

NFL MVP

Lead the Chiefs to AFCC.... at home

....and all of this was "before they won the Super Bowl".

So...everything you said (and know) about Mahomes is clearly wrong (and so easily proven so).  

On 6/21/2021 at 8:11 AM, Don Otreply said:

So, really, why care if a multimillionaire doesn’t get even more money? Josh has enough money right now to never need a job for the rest of his life.., I just don’t get this one percent worship thing…, Josh as the team QB on the team I follow is fine, but he is a multimillionaire and he is about to get even more money he doesn’t actually need, so why the concern for his fame and financial well-being?  I just can’t wrap my mind around ball washing one percenters…

Go Bills!!!

Well, the reason I love Allen is because he was my #2 overall prospect the year we drafted him. I caught tons of flak for my opinion, so like Boogie, he is a special player to me, I’d probably have Tre right behind him because I hated that pick initially but now I love him. I’m not the type to wear jerseys or that type of thing, but I lucked out twice. The two players I pounded the table for, I got. 

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Well, the reason I love Allen is because he was my #2 overall prospect the year we drafted him. I caught tons of flak for my opinion, so like Boogie, he is a special player to me, I’d probably have Tre right behind him because I hated that pick initially but now I love him. I’m not the type to wear jerseys or that type of thing, but I lucked out twice. The two players I pounded the table for, I got. 

That’s fine, and understandable, but his financial well-being was forged for life when he was picked, so what he earns from that point forward is not ever going to be a concern, what he does on the field is the only worthwhile thing to give notice too. After all, he is a football player, and that is where to look for gains.

On 6/21/2021 at 10:15 PM, bahamasbills said:

Most outsiders do not respect the franchise (because we lost all the super bowls, and have been losing for a long while).  I think Josh not having any big endorsements are because of the team he plays on.  We will have to win the big one before all that comes (and I think its coming soon), but the reality is our players have to stand out a lot more than some other players to get some recognition nationally.

That makes sense but how did Browns' QB get an endorsement?  They have shown nothing since they were recreated and have been a joke especially with owners.

Let me see if I can help in this discussion. 

To get a national commercial you have to be a handsome man.

Baker is a handsome man with a hot wife. Baker has not accomplished anything more than Josh football wise.

Mahommes is a handsome man.

Rodgers is a handsome man.

Josh ? Well not so much. I'm very sorry.

I hope this helps.

It's all about marketing and getting someone good looking to sell your product.

On 6/21/2021 at 8:26 AM, Tortured Soul said:

The more he gets from endorsements, the more he's willing to forego from the Bills?

Honestly, the more endorsements, the more national exposure.

The more national exposure, the bigger star he becomes

The bigger of a star he becomes, the better ratings

The better ratings, the more the NFL ‘protects’ him

The more he’s protected, the longer he plays

Longer he plays, the more we win 👍🏼 

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Let me see if I can help in this discussion. 

To get a national commercial you have to be a handsome man.

Baker is a handsome man with a hot wife. Baker has not accomplished anything more than Josh football wise.

Mahommes is a handsome man.

Rodgers is a handsome man.

Josh ? Well not so much. I'm very sorry.

I hope this helps.

It's all about marketing and getting someone good looking to sell your product.

Can’t tell if you are joking. You don’t think Allen is at least as good looking as Mahomes, Baker, or Rodgers? Adonis those 3 are not.

Josh keeps it up, his time in the national spotlight is coming. 

On 6/25/2021 at 5:21 PM, Limeaid said:

That makes sense but how did Browns' QB get an endorsement?  They have shown nothing since they were recreated and have been a joke especially with owners.

1st overall pick and a good agent.

On 6/25/2021 at 5:21 PM, Limeaid said:

Not sure about that?

Mayfield was a Heisman Trophy winner, brought Oklahoma to the CFB playoffs two out of 3 years--all originally as a walk-on.

In 3 years he threw 120 TDs on 21 INTs at Oklahoma. 

As a rookie, he passed P Manning and Russ Wilson for most TDs and was named 2018 PFWA Rookie of the Year.