I just saw DK Metcalf in a Nestle Quik commercial....

cage

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

So, really, why care if a multimillionaire doesn’t get even more money? Josh has enough money right now to never need a job for the rest of his life.., I just don’t get this one percent worship thing…, Josh as the team QB on the team I follow is fine, but he is a multimillionaire and he is about to get even more money he doesn’t actually need, so why the concern for his fame and financial well-being?  I just can’t wrap my mind around ball washing one percenters…

Go Bills!!!

And some of us have to wake up at 3:00 am and then work in an oilfield in 106* degrees Texas heat 13 hour shifts, 

So yes I agree with you 100% I love Allen and hope he makes every penny deserves but I sure as hell not going to worry if Allen is making less commercials then Metcalf 

GO BILLS BABY !!!

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

A bit harsh, but I hear you. We need to keep our priorities straight.

I hope Josh's next big endorsement is when he shouts to the camera, right after the Super Bowl is over, "I'm going to Disneyland!" (Is that still a thing?)

If we keep it up we will be as bad as Patriot fans. 

1 hour ago, cage said:

Given that, how on earth does Allen not have a major brand advertising agreement yet??

https://www.ispot.tv/topic/athlete/Z7Q/josh-allen

What, West Herr isn't big enough?

The irony to me is that Allen is a lot more of an interesting, funny and charismatic person than the guys getting these spots, like Aaron Rodgers. DK Metcalf is hilarious though.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

All I want is for Josh to be the star of the next Space Jam movie.

That's all I want.

MJ and Bird, off the wall, off the building, off the satellite, nothin but net.

You know after this season with another 69-70% completion record and lots of tread in the playoffs, I could see a Mahomes vs. JA17 version with the football.  Remember that gadget QB who was throwing from all kinds of ridiculous places.  Now that would be a hilarious SB.

Allen is turning heads nationally.  People love him.  He just needs to shave off that horrible, I’m 13 trying to grow a mustache and beard thing.  Those two could really have fun with that stuff, and I bet off the field they probably both like and respect each other.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

"We're prepared to pay you $500, and unlimited food at any of our Mighty Taco locations...proof of identity is of course required."

Meanwhile, Oliver's and Hutch's are like, "Just come in and you get free for life, and you don't have the nasty next-day effects."

38 minutes ago, Putin said:

And some of us have to wake up at 3:00 am and then work in an oilfield in 106* degrees Texas heat 13 hour shifts, 

So yes I agree with you 100% I love Allen and hope he makes every penny deserves but I sure as hell not going to worry if Allen is making less commercials then Metcalf 

GO BILLS BABY !!!

Everyone with a soul respects a roughneck. We all thank you for your work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

So, really, why care if a multimillionaire doesn’t get even more money? Josh has enough money right now to never need a job for the rest of his life.., I just don’t get this one percent worship thing…, Josh as the team QB on the team I follow is fine, but he is a multimillionaire and he is about to get even more money he doesn’t actually need, so why the concern for his fame and financial well-being?  I just can’t wrap my mind around ball washing one percenters…

Go Bills!!!

I'm with you.  Who cares?

This isn't anything to truly be annoyed with.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Maynard said:

Yeah, I think the OP’s post is more about respect than financial gain. I personally don’t care, as all I care about is Josh’s success on the field. When you see Mayfield, Metcalf, etc., with national advertising you start to question why someone like Josh, a top 5 QB in the league with a great personality, has nada. Who knows? Maybe Allen has been approached, but isn’t yet interested. 

Read the above.  Perfectly said.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Josh is a bit too much of "the guy who has it all" right now to be a quick go-to for advertisers.

He is actually an "every man" kinda' dude but until the nation sees that it's kinda' like rooting for Superman.

Right now advertisers are really looking for traits that are more relatable..........like Aaron Rodgers and his bad facial hair looking like every bad Detroit Lions QB from the 1980's..........or Patrick Mahomes being multi-racial and quirky........or Baker Mayfield being undersized and brash.

Mr. Perfect Tom Brady never really became a huge endorsement guy...........I think Allen will get there but the nation needs to get to know him better and that's probably going to require getting their attention first........probably by beating guys like Rodgers and Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen has everything you'd want for advertising - he's a great athlete and leader.  His teams have had success.  He's tall, strong, handsome, charismatic, funny, relatable, etc.  My guess is that he's more focused on football and family and if and when he wants to do commercials, he'll do them.  Perhaps he is more focused on working with Jordan Palmer on his footwork and accuracy than he is on getting to the studio for a shoot.  I seem to recall Andrew Luck, during the early part of his career, declining advertising gigs to focus on football and perhaps Josh is in the same camp.  

Edited by msw2112