Your list of 10 "Most Valuable" Bills players this year

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

I really don’t understand how Diggs wouldn’t be number two on everyone’s list. 

I can buy the argument that the WR corps would survive the loss of Diggs better than the O-line would survive the loss of Dawkins and better than the defense would survive the loss of Tre White.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

7 lists posted so far. 3 of them don’t even list Tremaine Edmunds. 😂

Interestingly, of the four of us who do list him, all have him from 5-7. Which means he isn't barely making our lists either.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

I can buy the argument that the WR corps would survive the loss of Diggs better than the O-line would survive the loss of Dawkins and better than the defense would survive the loss of Tre White.

I get that, but I immediately think of the point differential impact. Apart from losing Allen, the loss of Diggs would result in the most points lost imo. Allen matured a great deal, but his leap from 2019 to 2020 was incredible, and Diggs was a huge part. I can’t see losing anyone on defense causing us to give up more points than the amount of points we lose by taking Diggs off the field. I love Tre, but in an offense oriented league I have to go with Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I get that, but I immediately think of the point differential impact. Apart from losing Allen, the loss of Diggs would result in the most points lost imo. Allen matured a great deal, but his leap from 2019 to 2020 was incredible, and Diggs was a huge part. I can’t see losing anyone on defense causing us to give up more points than the amount of points we lose by taking Diggs off the field. I love Tre, but in an offense oriented league I have to go with Diggs. 

That’s fair. I think Allen being kept upright is hugely important to point production, too. He had a great passer rating from a clean pocket, but a below average passer rating when under pressure.

I think that Allen protected by Dion Dawkins and throwing to Sanders, Davis, and Beasley might score more points (and turn the ball over less) than Allen protected by Bobby Hart or Spencer Brown and throwing to Diggs, Sanders, and Beasley.

• Like (+1) 1

1. Josh Allen

2. Stefon Diggs

3. Dion Dawkins

4. Darrell Williams

5. TreDavious White

6. Jordan Poyer

7. Matt Milano

8. Tremaine Edmunds

9. Taron Johnson

10. Tyler 'big balls' Bass

1.  Allen

2.  White

3.  Diggs

4.  Edmunds

5.  Hyde

6.  Hughes

7.  Rouseau

8.  Oliver

9.  Sanders

10. Jackson

I think it comes down to 2 categories.  First how does the team do without them.  Second how well will the team do if they play well.  I think Rouseau, Oliver, Jackson and Sanders can be the differance in playing Superbowl Sunday.  

• Like (+1) 1

Allen

Diggs

Tredavious

Poyer

Milano

Jerry

Ed

Dawkins

Beasley

Edmunds

I don’t have OLmen higher because I don’t think that they are THAT much better than their backups other than Dawkins.  

Allen and Diggs are the 2 most

important players and I don’t think the 3rd it’s even close. Tre gets the nod based on his rating compared to his backup and it would crush our depth to lose him. Same with Milano.  

Jerry is our only proven good pass rusher.  I hope the young guns on the DL can lessen Jerry’s value and provide solid pressure. If they do, Jerry goes down a notch.  If they don’t provide much pressure, Jerry could be the most valuable player on the defense.  Tremaine will jump up the list if he improves.  

Hmm.. I'm taking a Wins Above Replacement approach.  Because of depth at position I think the top 5 is pretty easy with this approach (order is a  bit debatable with poyer/hyde having no backups).

Allen

Diggs

White

Poyer

Hyde

Dawkins

Edmunds

Milano

Williams

Beasley

At the end of the season i suspect i might put Epenesa on this list over someone that gets injuried.

My Top 10

1. Allen

2. Diggs

3. Hyde/Poyer - interchangeable players at the most important spot on McD's defense

4. Bass - many games last year and next will come down to crucial kicks

5. White

6. Williams - hope he does not have a let down year after getting paid

7. Hughes - as always pass rush is key and Hughes is still the best of the unit

8. Morse - this team will only go as far as Allen can throw. Morse is a very good pass blocking center and Feliciano is my surprise camp cut

9. 2nd WR - don't know if it will be Sanders or Davis but if the Bills want to make a SB the #2 WR probably needs 750 yards of receiving

10. Oliver - again pass rush is key

Why don't I have Edmunds or Milano? Well my thoughts on Edmunds are clear. Bills win despite him. Bills have proven they can win without Milano.  They are better with him and I hope he can play 16 games

15 hours ago, Victory Formation said:1. Josh Allen

2. Stefon Diggs

3. TreDavious White

4. Dion Dawkins

5. Ed Oliver

6. Tremaine Edmunds

7. Mitch Morse

8. Jordan Poyer

9. Boogie Basham

10. Gregory Rousseau 

I like it. Truthful but very hopeful and promising. Going on last season, I'd have to include Daryl Williams as well, his pass blocking was superb. I also might have to find a place for the boat-rocking Beasmeister as well (again, going on last year.)

Also, I would have included future-Bill Zach Ertz. Lastly and somewhat unfortunately, you'd have to include the cookie, Milano, our two LBs play best together as a team (maybe he gets hurt too much?) I'd also lower Edmunds/Milano as you always wish they were better. Crap! I should just make my own....

1. Allen (by a country mile.)

2. Diggs. (He's the real deal,)

3. Dawkins. (He can do it all.)

4. T. White (Needs to stop guessing wrong. He costs us some TDs last year.)

5. Morse/D. Williams (tie) ((Morse is very underrated in Buffalo just like E. Wood. Daryl is extraordinary at pass blocking.)

6. E. Sanders (for 2021!) ( I always admired him.)

7. Z. Ertz (him too.)

8. Milano/Edmunds/Hyde/Poyer (LOL, the heart of our D, Poyer probably a notch above the other three but it's close.)

9. Epenesa/Groot/Boogie (yes, I stole this idea but it just has to be if the Bills are going to be great. They are our future.)

10. Ed (I guess, see above.)

This was fun, thanks!

5 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

I like it. Truthful but very hopeful and promising. Going on last season, I'd have to include Daryl Williams as well, his pass blocking was superb. I also might have to find a place for the boat-rocking Beasmeister as well (again, going on last year.)

Also, I would have included future-Bill Zach Ertz. Lastly and somewhat unfortunately, you'd have to include the cookie, Milano, our two LBs play best together as a team (maybe he gets hurt too much?) I'd also lower Edmunds/Milano as you always wish they were better. Crap! I should just make my own....

1. Allen (by a country mile.)

2. Diggs. (He's the real deal,)

3. Dawkins. (He can do it all.)

4. T. White (Needs to stop guessing wrong. He costs us some TDs last year.)

5. Morse/D. Williams (tie) ((Morse is very underrated in Buffalo just like E. Wood. Daryl is extraordinary at pass blocking.)

6. E. Sanders (for 2021!) ( I always admired him.)

7. Z. Ertz (him too.)

8. Milano/Edmunds/Hyde/Poyer (LOL, the heart of our D, Poyer probably a notch above the other three but it's close.)

9. Epenesa/Groot/Boogie (yes, I stole this idea but it just has to be if the Bills are going to be great. They are our future.)

10. Ed (I guess, see above.)

This was fun, thanks!

Expanding on the importance of Oliver, Epenesa, Groot and Boogie becoming very good football players it probably will come to this whether we win a Super Bowl or two or not. Josh Allen is Without a doubt the real deal as long as he has good protection and very good weapons and I think Beane will see to that, so I think we have theoffense down. But offense alone seldom gets you a Super Bowl. Everyone here raves about Mahomes but it was the KC D that won that SB for them, no doubt about it, so we too, probably need a much better D than we had Last year. Good defenses always have good linemen, much better than we had last season. It's up to those four young bucks to see to it that we get there. For myself I don't think we get there this year but you never know. Had Groot played last season and repeated what he did the season before he would have been a top ten pick. Likewise, I saw Basham mocked to us at 30, and he now feels he was ripped-off and disrespected. That's great for us and gives me hope. (But not even Bruce Smith had an impactful rookie year.)  I like that Bruce came out publicly to support the pick of Groot. It takes a great DE to know a great DE is my thinking.... I liked Groot's film more than most as well. He is going use every inch of that massive frame to play longer than most and surprise many QBs by catching them I hope.