WFT having difficulties trade marking the name

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Really?  Then why is the team soliciting fan names and uni designs on a dedicated website?

https://www.washingtonjourney.com/

Why would Snyder keep WFT when anyone can produce WFT merchandise and sell it, depriving him of millions of dollars?

Maybe he's soliciting fan input in case he can't get WFT trademarked?  I really don't know or care.  It's not my team.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, cba fan said:

you really think he wants WFT permanent? I have not heard any utterance from Synder to that fact. Interesting.

PS: if he so chooses to stay with WFT many in Cleveland can breath a sigh of relief as they will be off the hook after decades of the lamest name/logo/colors. Browns: named after a white guy who high-tailed it out of town to start the Bengals, in AFL no less...lol....leaving "Browns" with "orange" helmets and no logo in the dust. 🤣🤣

I will say this about the Browns though. They have some of the nicest fans in all of pro football. Very classy fan base at least from my interactions with them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I will say this about the Browns though. They have some of the nicest fans in all of pro football. Very classy fan base at least from my interactions with them.

Yup.  Met many and they are.  I once had a patient at work who was a Browns fan and he said he wished they had taken Josh instead.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/29/2021 at 8:43 PM, Victory Formation said:

“Washington Football Team” is a terrible name and we all know it. Snyder wants to stick it to the NFL for forcing them to change their name in the first place.

Agreed. Even if he does eventually come up with a replacement, I doubt it’s going to be anything PC to please the nitwits who had a problem with Redskins.

14 hours ago, Rico said:

Agreed. Even if he does eventually come up with a replacement, I doubt it’s going to be anything PC to please the nitwits who had a problem with Redskins.

You're calling the National Congress of American Indians "nitwits?"

• Like (+1) 1