Efe Obada “true sack score” ranked 9th in league

23 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I really would be shocked if this guy gets cut...

I wouldn't. Unless he, Rousseau, or Basham are going to spend at least half the time inside playing DT - he's on the outside looking in. Because Hughes, Addison, Epenesa, Rousseau, and Basham are all locks and I've never seen us keep anything more than 5 DE's tops. 

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I wouldn't. Unless he, Rousseau, or Basham are going to spend at least half the time inside playing DT - he's on the outside looking in. Because Hughes, Addison, Epenesa, Rousseau, and Basham are all locks and I've never seen us keep anything more than 5 DE's tops. 

I could see them keeping 6 DE's and 4 DT's honestly. I think if they like what they have in Star, Oliver, Phillips and Butler then they could easily justify keeping 6 DE's if they can have a lot of flexibility with players like AJ or Basham or Rousseau.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

NE is going to play us with a double TE and run the ball down our throat. I can't imagine the Bills carrying less than four true DTs.....The last time Star started he played < 40 snaps/game.  In fact, the Bills need an upgrade at DT imho... Also LCB and TE. And if Cole chooses to die on that bitter hill, he has to be replaced (not absorbed) imho....

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

How does "true sack score" compare to something like "turnover worthy plays"?

Honestly asking because I have never heard this metric before. 

Sound

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

How does "true sack score" compare to something like "turnover worthy plays"?

Honestly asking because I have never heard this metric before. 

It sounds like a PFF made up stat thing, frankly you sacked the QB or you didn’t, there really is no middle ground, much like the ball was intercepted or it wasn’t.  What’s next? Do we get to see a stat that dings a RB for not getting the first down cleanly enough, or how about FG kickers who didn’t center the ball through the uprights.  Stats should reflect wether the player achieved the plays goal or not, not this made up kinda mighta woulda shoulda silliness. 

Just get the F off my lawn with this crapolla…, 😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

NE is going to play us with a double TE and run the ball down our throat. I can't imagine the Bills carrying less than four true DTs.....The last time Star started he played < 40 snaps/game.  In fact, the Bills need an upgrade at DT imho... Also LCB and TE. And if Cole chooses to die on that bitter hill, he has to be replaced (not absorbed) imho....

I agree on the needing 4 DT's and ideally, another 1-Tech needing to be added behind Star. Which is why I'm leaning towards Obada not making the final 53. I think he was signed as insurance in the event we weren't able to land a DE we liked in the Draft. Then we drafted 2 in the first 2 rounds. So... yeah.

Although I wouldn't be against a move being made, Corner isn't as huge of a need IMO as others feel. I don't think we were bad at the position last season and I see them even performing better than they did last season. And from what I've seen, Jackson is an upgrade from Josh Norman and that's the only change from last year. 

As for replacing Cole and needing another TE - I think Ertz should be revisited more than ever now (*ducks oncoming things thrown at him*). I think we're deep enough at WR with Diggs, Sanders, Davis, McKenzie, Stevenson, and Hodgins that we can afford to potentially lose him. Especially if we got another pass catcher like Ertz in the fold at TE.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

48 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Good.  We'll pass over their throats.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can someone familiar with this gentleman and his "True Sack Rate" and HQ Sack statistics kindly explain how they are determined and what they mean relative to the sack numbers we're all familiar with?

Speak slowly and use small words.

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It sounds like a PFF made up stat thing, frankly you sacked the QB or you didn’t, there really is no middle ground, much like the ball was intercepted or it wasn’t.

That was my thought initially, but then I thought, well DLmen are on the field for different # of snaps.  And they face a different # of snaps where a sack is possible (because sack = QB so if the ball handed off, can't sack)

So it seems possible it could be legit.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I can see is trading Addison fur a 5th or 6th round pick before the season starts. 

Mario…it’s Brandon…. Thanks for taking that pay cut a few months back …it’s made it easier for us to now trade you to the Bengals …enjoy Cincinnati…

Fast forward to 2022 offseason…. 

Hey Pegs …it’s a Brandon… none of the guys will agree to take team friendly deals or pay cuts anymore… I don’t understand it…

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

I never lost faith in our D last year, understanding that many of our most important players (Tre, Milano and Edmunds) were out or playing injured. That being said, the thought of this D once again becoming destructive is very exciting.

This sounds as if the defensive line will be quite different, not just personnel wise, but also the things they do.  Of course, they probably didn't have the personnel they needed last season to do what they are envisioning this season.  

10 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Mario…it’s Brandon…. Thanks for taking that pay cut a few months back …it’s made it easier for us to now trade you to the Bengals …enjoy Cincinnati…

Fast forward to 2022 offseason…. 

Hey Pegs …it’s a Brandon… none of the guys want to take team friendly deals or pay cuts anymore… I don’t understand it…

You thought Addison and Butler actually WANTED to take pay cuts?

They were coming off years where they were most likely going to get much less than their reduced salary in an open market............they didn't do it to help the team.

This "don't be aggressive in personnel decisions because players will collectively hold it against you"  nonsense has been around since the beginning of the drought.

Players look out for #1 when it comes to contracts.   Less money for that guy that didn't produce is potentially more money for them.