Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 hour ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

My assumption (based in common sense) is that most ppl who haven’t been vaccinated (in our magnificent USA) probably aren’t going to get it.  Ever.

So, I’m saying, either pin ‘em down and jab em.

Or quit projecting your (not you in particular)….. but the overly-emotional-vaccine-fanboys  need to quit projecting their fears onto others and live and let live.

Either your medics works for you or it doesn’t.

I appreciate the respectful discourse. Based on how you see it, would you prefer for the NFL/NFLPA to get rid of the option of allowing players to not get vaccinated, but in turn avoid certain activities vaccinated players are privy to?

35 minutes ago, Capco said:

Oh ho ho, I've been waiting for this one.  First, let me point you to these two posts:  

Finally, the states that do not allow religious exemptions are:   California, Maine, Mississippi, New York, West Virginia, and Connecticut.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_policy_in_the_United_States

Oh ho ho, forced vaccine not happening and never will. They can mandate masks and protocols in lieu of that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Reader said:

I appreciate the respectful discourse. Based on how you see it, would you prefer for the NFL/NFLPA to get rid of the option of allowing players to not get vaccinated, but in turn avoid certain activities vaccinated players are privy to?

I would prefer that players can get vaccinated or not get vaccinated.

And I would prefer that no player’s activities were impinged whatsoever.

Ppl who want the vaccine have it.  People who don’t, don’t.  That’s it.  Ball game over.  Fat Lady is singing.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

So the rest of your life, even though you have a vaccine that works… you are going to be a worry-wort

I can not be a worry-wort, and STILL understand people who won't get vaxxed affect the odds of me and mine getting ill (because Math, 85-88% is less than 100%).  Those things can co-exist.

I can not want to impose mandatory covid-19 vaccination, yet still believe that people who choose not to get vaxxed are Shirkers who aren't doing their part.  Those viewpoints can also co-exist.

and make ppl that aren’t scared relinquish their right to the pursuit of happiness

LOLOLOLOL how is Cole Beasley relinquishing his damned right to the "pursuit of happiness" if he has to follow some NFL protocols for 1/3 of a year so he can play the game he loves and go home to the wife and kids that he loves?   NFL player after NFL player (including Cole) has talked about how busy they are during the season and how little free time they have. 

It's not as though following the protocols is going to keep him from exercising his in-season right for a midweek jaunt to Cabo or Punta AmIRite?

because of your obsessive compulsive approach to a disease that’s survival rate is in the 98th percentile.

OOOOH, Math!  Survival rate of 98%

Check me here:

US population: 332 million

Covid infections: 33.3M (assume 55% unvaccinated to mirror population-level decisions)

Covid deaths: 0.6M

45% total population vaccinated: 149M. 

98% survival means 3.63 MILLION more Americans will die!  Nothing to see here, Move Along!

How many people died in 9/11 and yet it was a big deal? 3,000?

You have a right to not be vaccinated and to not be concerned about the impact of that decision on other humans

Add gratuitously name calling someone who is, frankly, I think that's a bad look.

In my day, we lined up and got injected with a vaccine for a disease with like 100% survival rate, all to save a mere 33,000 babies.  What fools!

• Like (+1) 8

Just now, KennyDavisEyes said:

Ppl who want the vaccine have it.  People who don’t, don’t.  That’s it.  Ball game over.  Fat Lady is singing.

That’s not gonna happen. Protocols will be in place. Just like Cole had to abide by in college. Remember in order to play college ball these players face mandatory vaccination. The NFL has picked vaccinations or protocols. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Oh ho ho, forced vaccine not happening and never will. They can mandate masks and protocols in lieu of that. 

I'm not attempting to predict the future.  All I'm saying is that if the states wanted to compel vaccination, they have the power to do so for every single person that does not have a genuine medical excuse.  

3 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

That’s not gonna happen. Protocols will be in place. Just like Cole had to abide by in college. Remember in order to play college ball these players face mandatory vaccination. The NFL has picked vaccinations or protocols. 

Protocols will definitely be in place and it is very unlikely that vaccinated and unvaccinated players will be treated equally. Optimistically, if the overall case rate continues to decline, protocols can/will be relaxed due to lower relative risk. I also believe that player discontent with the announced preseason protocols may well cause some relaxation of the protocols for the regular season. Pessimistically, if there is a surge in cases in the fall, protocols could become more stringent for vaccinated players as well.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

You might prefer no Impingement of players’ activities, but the reality is that non-immunized players are at higher risk than immunized players, so the safety protocols need to be followed. 

And the ball game might indeed be over for non-immunized players who refuse to follow safety protocols getting infected or infecting other non-immunized players who then end up missing time and aren’t available to the team as a result. Is behavior that has the potential to weaken the team thus negatively impacting its chances of winning, the smart play? Really?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

It’s not apples to apples comparison.  

You’re talking about vaccines that have been around decades vs this rigged up thing.

Ppl aren’t going to follow the nanny state protocols whenever and wherever they can, so buckle up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

10 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

How many people have to die from this virus for you to understand the concept of vaccinations?   Apparently over 600k in the US and millions worldwide aren’t enough.  Give us a number of deaths beyond which you’d get concerned.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

You might prefer no Impingement of players’ activities, but the reality is that non-immunized players are at higher risk than immunized players, so the safety protocols need to be followed. 

And the ball game might indeed be over for non-immunized players who refuse to follow safety protocols getting infected or infecting other non-immunized players who then end up missing time and aren’t available to the team as a result. Is behavior that has the potential to weaken the team thus negatively impacting its chances of winning, the smart play? Really?

The reality is that non-immunized ppl don’t GAFF that they are “at higher risk.”

Quit making victims out of ppl that aren’t.

1 minute ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

You’re talking about vaccines that have been around decades vs this rigged up thing.

Ppl aren’t going to follow the nanny state protocols whenever and wherever they can, so buckle up.

MRNA vaccines have been researched for years and the Phizer and Moderna have 95% effectiveness.  Your willful ignorance is  amazing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, KennyDavisEyes said:

The reality is that non-immunized ppl don’t GAFF that they are “at higher risk.”

It. Is. Not. About. Them.

It. Is. About. People. Who. Cannot. Get. Vaccinated.

It. Is. About. A. Rapid. And. Comprehensive. Response. NOW. That. Mitigates. Future. Outbreaks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Darwin may be the operative concept for such individuals.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

The Fat Lady went unheard by the NFLPA. Ball game NOT over. They protect ALL the players, not just one guy. Play by the rules, or you’re out. I don’t care one way or the other besides hoping the Bills can field the best team possible. 

EDIT: This is not a position on Covid or the vaccine. I don’t care much how you feel about it. (We are filly vaccinated, but you do you.) It’s more about what’s in black and white. This was negotiated, and a program was agreed upon. If Cole or anybody else doesn’t like it, going to social media just distracts your team. Go to your NFLPA representative. That is the ONLY way something gets changed. This situation is so fluid that the rules in place today may not be what we have to live with when the season starts. I hope it improves to the point that we get to loosen up a bit. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

[Looney Tunes theme plays in background]

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1