Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

LOL

Some of the angles people take......."I didn't know this was a political board" when they are rapid to get political...........or my new personal favorite is the ginned up "half of my family is in medicine". 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

This is incorrect reading comprehension on your part. I said “largely” not “exclusively”. I too am no intolerant liberal, but I am critical of Cole so I don’t see your point. 

It is still an incorrect assumption on your part, first that I failed to comprehend what you said and second, that I intended to prove you were incorrect by simply using myself as the example that makes your assumption incorrect.  

I am merely stating that it is incorrect and unsupportable to state that people critical of Cole on this board are "largely" made up of intolerant liberals.  How many of this group do you know well enough to presume to know their political bent let alone their level of intolerance for those of a different one. 

And my point is that I am one example of someone, while critical of Cole and people like him in the NFL, who is not intolerant of others because of some political ideology, whether theirs or mine.  But I DO have a lack of tolerance of willful ignorance and gullibility in people.

So if you are critical of Cole for being willfully ignorant on the issue and putting it on full display, then that makes at least two of us.  At what point does the number of us cause the number who aren't to fail to meet the definition of largely, as indefinite as it is?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Sure, for ppl that want them.

Hi.  Would you mind commenting on this observation with regard to getting back to normal without vaccine, please?

Specifically on this part:

Counties here in MO that had almost no Covid infections and were colored pale yellow or green a month ago now look like this (map below), spreading out from an initial cluster of 2 counties in the North and 1 in the South.  They test wastewater streams here in MO and finding Delta (the variant originally from India).  BTW, these are the counties where 70-80% of the population has made a rational and logical decision (I kid!  I kid!  It can be true, but these people are my rellies and friends and it usually isn't.  THE FERRETS!) to not be vaccinated, despite early and high vaccine availability to them.

image.png.cc2ecbf7f1465147c76143996f65e8d9.png

Since almost no place in MO has had mask mandates or any kind of restrictions, ever, when you see change like this charted, there is probably an explanation other than "fear mongering" and again, if the media went away and there was no sensational coverage, the hospitals would still be re-opening their covid wards and the doctors would still be reporting that the patients they hospitalize are 1) unvaccinated 2) younger. 

By the way, we have a MO Covid guy on Facebook, just a private citizen, who collects publicly available Covid data independent of media or State or Federal gov't, and his data show the same thing, so it's not somehow media created.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Does he seem fake to you?

People talk a big game when they're shooting their mouth off in anger.  I suspect that when he starts thinking about giving up his nearly $6 million due this year, he may not be quite so ready to retire.

Edited by BuffaloBob
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

Anyone else here think that when the FDA actually approves the vaccines that more people will get them? I do.

Doubtful. There is something deep down wrong with this country and scientific understanding and conspiracies. Out of all the western countries on Earth, the US concerns me. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Sure, for ppl that want them.

No.  The factual best way to end this pandemic is for unvaccinated people to get vaccinated.  Period.  Look at the history of viral diseases that no longer threaten the population.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Second, if there were a State or local mandate, the 10th amendment to the constitution has been held to apply:

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”  The constitution does not generally delegate public health authority to the Federal gov't, therefore it is held to lie with State and local governments.

Yes, but there are occasionally clever ways for the federal government to coax the states into uniform application of a law across all 50 states, such as judicious use of the Spending Clause. 

There's one example involving federal transportation funding for highways that I thought had to do with seatbelt wearing laws (something reserved for the states) but I cannot find any evidence for that right now, so it might have been for something else.  

EDIT:  I think I remember now.  It was for alcohol intoxication laws across all 50 states.  

Edited by Capco
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

This isn’t true.  What if you have a recent infection and are young.

My wife was just in to get her birth control prescription updated.

Her Dr. said she didn’t see any need for her to get the vaccine bc she is young, healthy, and was infected in Dec.

The idea that there is no nuance here shows how much tunnel vision many many ppl (on the left) have about the freedom of choice that exists here.

At this point in time those that want the vaccine have it.  Those that don’t don’t - for now let’s get back to normal and then let’s sit back and wait for the next thing the CCP has to offer the world.

What does this have to do with freedom of choice? I am free chose to be a Pats fan, but that doesn't change the fact that everyone here will rightly tell me that is a terrible, bad and destructive choice sure only to increase the collective evil and sadness of the universe. Not getting the vaccine for reasons other than valid medical reasons is exactly the same, but be a pats fan and don't get the vaccine, you are free to do so.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I really can't quite agree with this.

There's been a lot of recent airplay in the media and on social media about blood clots and heart issues after vaccination.

The problem is it's covered in a sensational alarmist way, and fails to put the information in context - How does the frequency of these side effects (in a relevant population) compare to frequency of side effects from getting the covid-19 virus?

And the data coming in is consistently that the side effects are less common from the vaccine than from the disease including in people <30 or young athletes.

I think some people believe they are making a rational and logical decision based upon facts, but are working from an incomplete or one-sided data set.

Sure, some are basing decisions accordingly-as happens in life. 

I think presuming a large majority of folks don’t weigh out pros and cons, and can’t weight out the relative risks involved is selling lots of people short.

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Doubtful. There is something deep down wrong with this country and scientific understanding and conspiracies. Out of all the western countries on Earth, the US concerns me. 

Can't count it out though... I know quite a few people who are waiting for it to be FDA approved. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Anyone else here think that when the FDA actually approves the vaccines that more people will get them? I do.

Oh, wow.  Good question.

I would really like to believe this.  

I guess I don't. 

The reason I don't is that when I hear people say "they're not even approved", it usually seems to be accompanied by "they're just experimental" (not true) and "they were developed in a big rush" and "I'm not antivaccine, we get the other vaccines have all been approved for decades". 

So I feel as though if you remove the "just experimental" and add "approved", the bar will shift for questioning the validity and quality of the approval package and the concerns about "they were developed in a big rush" (without, of course, any research into why that was possible) and "not approved for decades" will remain.

In other words, I think "not approved" is usually kind of a stalking-horse for other concerns.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, T&C said:

Probably. If true, its a bit unreasonable bc the FDA doesn’t approve or disprove of dietary supplements which these players ingest everyday. 

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

American exceptionalism at its worst, unfortunately.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

No.  The factual best way to end this pandemic is for unvaccinated people to get vaccinated.  Period.  Look at the history of viral diseases that no longer threaten the population.

No, it's herd immunity however we reach it. I have no issues with someone who won't Vax. But in a club like the NFL, you have to follow the rules. Is what it be. But I have little tolerance for people who say "Period" as if they know anymore than many one else. You don't. Fauci changed his story at least 5 or 6 times on this pandemic and he's supposed to be the credible expert. This is really a global trial of the RNA type vaccine. Many doubt it. Fine. That said, Bease should follow the rules or make a call.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

We've had every other vaccine. The ones that have been around with years of data behind them. I'm not completely "anti-vax" as people try to label. But we never get flu shots and we're not getting this. The possible heart issues, the possible blood clots, the sickness you get from it, as well as other things I have seen. We're healthy and have been through all of this. The shot is unnecessary to me/us. Not doing it. 

OK, this explains a different reason why you aren't getting it it, so technically it really doesn't answer my question.

And of course, the incidents of myocarditis and blood clots are literally orders of magnitude lower than the chances of getting COVID, and especially now that the Delta variant is here.  That variant is by far more the most contagious and is thought to be more deadly because of increased viral load at the inception of infection.

All but a few rare instances of the already rare instances of myocarditis did not resolve themselves without any intervention, or simple anti-inflammatory agents.  Same with the blood clots, now that people know to watch for the symptoms and doctors know not to treat them with heparin.  

BTW, I know of no one in my rather large family who had anything more than a sore arm for a day and a half.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1