Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The biggest thing is he should have just done this all privately. Reach out to the nflpa to air his grievances.  If you don’t get the vaccine, ok, no need to tweet about it. He says last year he wasn’t going to do Twitter anymore after cowboys fans were all over him for signing here. He needs to take his own advice. It’s a toxic environment for these types of topics. 

And lost in the shuffle of the "It's his right" posters who somehow ignore the 50+ posts clarifying what others are upset with Cole about is the fact that most of us agree with your point and consider that the main problem here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You can NOT eradicate a virus.

Good post but just a quick aside, you can actually eradicate a virus.  It's been done, albeit only twice.  

Smallpox was declared eradicated in 1980, and rinderpest was declared eradicated in 2011.  

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The biggest thing is he should have just done this all privately. Reach out to the nflpa to air his grievances.  If you don’t get the vaccine, ok, no need to tweet about it. He says last year he wasn’t going to do Twitter anymore after cowboys fans were all over him for signing here. He needs to take his own advice. It’s a toxic environment for these types of topics. 

Cole really should listen to this guy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

While I generally agree with this, I can also acknowledge that we don't yet know all of the long-term effects of taking the vaccine, if there even is any.  To a young, healthy, adult the risk of Covid having any serious effect is very low. 

It isn't an entirely novel vaccine concept, it is using the same basic idea as other vaccines we've used for decades that we know to have no long term negative effects. Like any other vaccine it is just training the body to snuff out viral proteins before they become real infections. I don't see any reason that the covid vaccine would have long term negative consequences when other similar vaccines do not.

• Like (+1) 1

Ever since this virus hit they have done everything backwards didn't tell any one to boost your immune system with vitamins and told every one that medicines that have worked for years couldn't be used to help when the virus was detected early on .

Then kept those from getting meds when real front line Dr's knew different. Quarantining the healthy and use masks that did virtually nothing to help & in most cases & helped to make some healthy people more vulnerable and put those that were more appt to get it in with those that had it to put them in jeopardy .

I have personally known 2 people that were told they had it only to find out they were BS'd to so the hospital could collect a ton of cash and 1 if put in the covid floor could have died because it would have complicated what was already ailing him but thanks to a head nurse he was released ! 

The vaccine does not stop you from getting or spreading the virus it just helps to keep you from dying from it and if you are healthy you really need not worry add to that if others get vaccinated & your healthy and don't have it then what is there to fear but the fear they have interjected into all of this !

GO BEASE !! Stand up for your and others rights i'm with you don't let the scare tactics get you someone has to make a stand against the BS i just hope those that should truly have his back do !! 

• Eyeroll 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Fred Slacks said:

Someone else misspoke by saying the majority of Americans are vaccinated. Maybe the majority of players are. But Americans aren’t getting vaccinated. That’s why the government is bribing us to get vaccinated to get to the threshold they think is safe. They are offering free beer, donuts, and in California are even doing a cash lottery.   

the reality is the dynamic is changing rapidly now. The next couple months I think will change as well. There’s a pot of people who don’t want to be told what to do. Unfortunately there’s no way to have this conversation without it getting political. I do believe there’s a lot of players that lean to not being vaccinated. I mean these guys are regulated on what hey are allowed to consume as a multi vitamin. Now they’re being told they need to take a vaccine which still hasn’t been FDA approved. So I can see there position. 

it’s just unprecedented what has occurred and what will be the outcome of how we as a world reacted. It will be interesting to see how things go though. I mean lots of states are opening up completely now. So I wonder how the dynamic come season beginning changes if at all. This whole thing may be moot come September. Not saying it will but the last year he moved along slow and these last couple months have swung significantly in a different direction. So at least I remain hopeful that the politics are gone and this continues to progress positively. 

they won’t cut Cole until they absolutely have to. Cap hit will probably play into it as well. 

the govt. isn't in the beer and donuts businesses
saying the vaccine isn't FDA approved isn't accurate

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes.  The potential for it snowballing is as varied as the personalities and individual situations in OBD.

Like I said, I hope is blows over and/or Cole realizes what his actions could produce for the team.

There is a month for all this to change before camp starts.

And CB has set himself up to be the fall guy if/when anything goes south.  He would have been sooo much better off (we all would have been), if he could have stayed away from publicly making a stand on a topic that the team agreed to keep in house

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t agree that he should be cut but I also don’t think Beane CAN cut him due to the issues he had with his interview awhile back about whether he would cut an unvaccinated player. That would be a much bigger PR nightmare than whatever Beasley is doing on his own.

Any players can be cut for any reason. I'm a Beasley fan so I think that someone should hold an intervention. He's trashing his brand howling into the wind. People can believe what they want to believe but being so out spoken isn't helping anyone. It's becoming harder for him to strike a compromise with the team/league. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t agree that he should be cut but I also don’t think Beane CAN cut him due to the issues he had with his interview awhile back about whether he would cut an unvaccinated player. That would be a much bigger PR nightmare than whatever Beasley is doing on his own.

He is making himself unavailable to the team by his actions, AND, he is endangering the availability of others by ignoring the protocols designed to protect others on the team, both vaccinated and unvaccinated.  He would not be cutting him for being unvaccinated.  He is a detriment to the team and its ability function.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Bill Lewes said:

And CB has set himself up to be the fall guy if/when anything goes south.  He would have been sooo much better off (we all would have been), if he could have stayed away from publicly making a stand on a topic that the team agreed to keep in house

Yes.  He now puts team leaders like Josh in a tough position.  You know that the national media will be all over this when camp starts.

Cole can fix this and he should.  He let his emotions get the better of him (we all have done this in our lives) but it's now up to him as

to where it ends up.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, T master said:

Ever since this virus hit they have done everything backwards didn't tell any one to boost your immune system with vitamins and told every one that medicines that have worked for years couldn't be used to help when the virus was detected early on .

Then kept those from getting meds when real front line Dr's knew different. Quarantining the healthy and use masks that did virtually nothing to help & in most cases & helped to make some healthy people more vulnerable and put those that were more appt to get it in with those that had it to put them in jeopardy .

I have personally known 2 people that were told they had it only to find out they were BS'd to so the hospital could collect a ton of cash and 1 if put in the covid floor could have died because it would have complicated what was already ailing him but thanks to a head nurse he was released ! 

The vaccine does not stop you from getting or spreading the virus it just helps to keep you from dying from it and if you are healthy you really need not worry add to that if others get vaccinated & your healthy and don't have it then what is there to fear but the fear they have interjected into all of this !

GO BEASE !! Stand up for your and others rights i'm with you don't let the scare tactics get you someone has to make a stand against the BS i just hope those that should truly have his back do !! 

There it is.  All of the misinformation and wrong-headedness condensed into a single post.  Pretty impressive honestly.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IMO, they can and should.  I'm not persuaded starting a twitter controversy and calling the NFLPA a "joke" is a very effective means to this end; it seems to me more like emotional venting, which in many people turns out to be a substitute for actually trying to do something effective.

But I'd actually be quite happy if you could explain to me some examples of effecting change via twitter controversy that show why I'm mistaken.

Never addressed the efficacy of social media. But many a celebrity sure seem to use it.

25 minutes ago, T master said:

This is a terrific post full of factual and insightful information. You've clearly done your research and are well educated on the topic. I now see exactly where Cole is coming from, thank you.

• Haha (+1) 4

Do I completely disagree with his position, no. I’m fairly open minded on the topic. 

The issue is that he does not defend his position in a particularly intelligent or logical fashion. IMO he is a poor voice for the conversation, because he is ill-informed, misinformed, and blinded by ideology. This is an unfortunate pattern in many anti-vax or anti-COVID-vax people, which makes an intelligent and objective dialogue about the subject impossible.

Note: I have not gotten a vaccine yet, so I am not a judgmental liberal with zero tolerance for alternative perspectives. 

18 minutes ago, Bill Lewes said:

The vaccine is not FDA approved. That’s a fact. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s dangerous. Just means it hasn’t done through all the required testing to meet FDA requirements. Some of those are probably based on time which this vaccine has yet to run the course. I’m sure it will be FDA approved eventually. Not that the FDA is a perfect measuring system in safety but at least it’s a standard to go off of. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, Bill Lewes said:

Some states are in the ganja business. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherrington/2021/05/07/free-marijuana-for-covid-19-vaccines-proves-to-be-a-popular-perk/

Edited by WotAGuy

22 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes.  He now puts team leaders like Josh in a tough position.  You know that the national media will be all over this when camp starts.

Cole can fix this and he should.  He let his emotions get the better of him (we all have done this in our lives) but it's now up to him as

to where it ends up.

It ends up with him as ***** Super Bowl Champion and possible MVP:flirt:

• Like (+1) 1