Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

Chris Paul is vaccinated. 

Chris Paul is out indefinitely during the NBA playoffs in COVID protocol now.

The other players being vaccinated does not protect them from Cole if he violates protocols and then comes in close contact with his teammates. 

While I respect Cole having his own opinion, the thought of Josh Allen or Diggs, or really any other players for that matter missing time because Cole broke protocols and also exposed them to where they miss a game or more from being around him is what really concerns me.

If Cole just chose to not get vaccinated but still respected the protocols and obeyed by them it would be one thing.  But publicly declaring he won’t follow any rules or safety protocols for himself or to protect his fellow teammates from being exposed or missing time is just pretty concerning.  

Beane said he wouldn’t cut someone for being unvaccinated, but he NEVER said he wouldn’t cut someone refusing to abide by the protocols and rules.

I love Cole on this team, but this public rant I think puts him at risk for a trade or cut for that reason alone.  I don’t want him gone, but I also don’t want our star QB or others to miss time due to Cooes rebellion against rules and protocols mandated by the league either.  I mean what if Diggs or Allen or both had to miss a playoff game because something Cole did the night before?  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The other players being vaccinated does not protect them from Cole if he violates protocols and then comes in close contact with his teammates. 

While I respect Cole having his own opinion, the thought of Josh Allen or Diggs, or really any other players for that matter missing time because Cole broke protocols and also exposed them to where they miss a game or more from being around him is what really concerns me.

If Cole just chose to not get vaccinated but still respected the protocols and obeyed by them it would be one thing.  But publicly declaring he won’t follow any rules or safety protocols for himself or to protect his fellow teammates from being exposed or missing time is just pretty concerning.  

Beane said he wouldn’t cut someone for being unvaccinated, but he NEVER said he wouldn’t cut someone refusing to abide by the protocols and rules.

I love Cole on this team, but this public rant I think puts him at risk for a trade or cut for that reason alone.  I don’t want him gone, but I also don’t want our star QB or others to miss time due to Cooes rebellion against rules and protocols mandated by the league either.  I mean what if Diggs or Allen or both had to miss a playoff game because something Cole did the night before?  

So CP3 got vaccinated and now will miss on a chance to change his legacy because he has Corona.     Woof. 

Kinda makes you understand why some folks like Cole aren’t interested in getting it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

38 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That applies to teammates that are vaccinated. What percentage of teammates aren’t vaccinated? Are those that aren’t at higher risk or not?

right, so the unvaccinated are the ones at risk and willing to take that risk.

15 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

The realistic point in this response, to me anyway, is the impact that quarantines could have on the games and season.  The odds of serious illness for this demographic are pretty low and any that might occur will be just a few.

I mean, it was my main point so I’m glad you were able to pick up on it. I’m not so concerned with the health of the non vaccinated as they don’t seem to be very concerned with it. 

But I am interested in how Sweeney feels about all of this considering his entire season was derailed by it. I’m sure he’s probably keeping mostly to himself with his opinions considering he’s a young guy. But he’d have a much more educated insight than say Cole Beasley. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Unfortunately unless and until we reach herd immunity, the virus can mutate into a variant that is immune to  the vaccine protection. So it could affect everyone again, so why take the chance.

We will never reach global herd immunity or at least not for a very long time.  There is more immigration in flow from varying countries in the U.S than any other country in the world.  With that said, COVID is most likely going to stay with us for most of our life times, it will most likely become a seasonal issue.  Sounds scary, but most likely won't have a large overall affect because of all the protections that are available to the vulnerable population.  I think for us here in the U.S, COVID is on the decline and is now becoming a low risk threat.   

What concerns me more are other potential viruses and the measures that we can take that are under our control to make sure that these viruses are not exposed to the public.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Whole I respect Cole having his own opinion, the thought of Josh Allen or Diggs, or really any other players for that matter missing time because Cole broke protocols and also exposed them to where they miss a game or more from being around him is what really concerns me.

Just imagine a playoff game where we don’t have Allen or Diggs because they tested positive.

12 hours ago, Devilmann said:

The dude is doing what he thinks is best for him and his family not to have an experiment injected into him. You or no one has no clue what these vaccines will do to you in the next few years because in the situation there was hardly any studies done because something worked in the moment. People are the guinea pigs in this scenario for the foreseeable future. Did you question his selfishness when he was basically playing on a broke leg in the playoffs? I doubt you did so I wouldn’t call him that because he is far from it. He gave up his body for this team and the fans so the least anyone can do is show some respect for a man that made his decision that involves his body. At the end of the day his decision does not effect your well-being. 

I DO think the way Cole is going about this is selfish, yes. That doesn’t mean he’s not a courageous football player or that I don’t respect his past tenacity. It just means that right now, in my opinion, he’s making a selfish decision.

With regard to your final sentence: the millions of people choosing not to get the vaccine absolutely ARE affecting the rest of us. Prolonging the COVID nightmare and eliminating any chance of beating this thing once and for all, instead making it do that we’ll all likely have to get boosters every year, and making it so that the virus gangs around and keeps mutating and killing more people.

Vaccination decisions DO affect everybody. That’s why it’s called a “public health” issue.

Lastly, Cole DOES have the freedom to have whatever stance he wants. At the same time, I have the freedom to say he’s being selfish and that his reasoning is ill informed. Freedom to have a position does not mean freedom from the consequences of that decision (in this case, continued COVID protocols and public backlash).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just imagine a playoff game where we don’t have Allen or Diggs because they tested positive.

You can't make Allen or Diggs get the vaccine.  The risk of covid is on the list of all of the other risks they assume each and every day.

25 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

So I'm guessing this is a concern in the Bills locker room if he felt confident enough to share it via social media.  

Also does anyone know what happened to his tooth? 

cole-beasley.jpg

They are aware.

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is correct....regardless of where you stand on this issue.....this might create a "real world" issue of him not being available on game day.

I personally like Cole.....but if he does something to hurt my team that could change very quickly

I'm with you 110% on this. 

1 hour ago, DaggersEOD said:

The thing to remember is that despite all the loud moral condemnations of the very vocal “pro shot” crowd, they hold the minority position. 

We’re still hovering around the 50% mark and of the 50% that took the shot, a significant portion of them did so to avoid the artificial, government enforced consequences, not because they felt they needed/wanted it.  

Beas holds the majority opinion and is not alone. Being loud doesn’t mean being right.  

65 percent of all Americans over 18 have had at least one shot and 62 percent of all Americans over the age of 12: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

With respect, the conclusions you draw are wrong. The primary reason why many still remain unvaccinated is access, pure and simple. And to think that a “significant“ portion of those who got vaccinated did so only to avoid enforced restrictions is a real shot from the hip.  Beasley is not in the majority to say the least. 

Access and time are the two most important factors right now. The vaccine has been available only for a few months. Realistically, if you think about it, it will take a year or so to get most citizens vaccinated. 

It’s possible that those aspects are a factor to the low “shot” rate, but my own personal experience is that shots are available everywhere, for free and companies like

UBER are offering free rides to get the shot. 

The airwaves, social media platforms and media in general have made access near universal. Maybe it’s different in your area, so I’m not discounting your experience. Its

just what I have seen. Everyone who wanted a shot seems to have been able to get access to it. 

Now concerning the magnitude of the “significant portion” I agree, I have zero data to back that up and that seems to be because no one is interested enough to

look into it 🤷‍♂️

But to say that the artificial, administrative consequences haven’t convinced anyone to just “take the darn shot” is also a big leap. 

Even if it’s only 10%, 60% who come down on the same side of an argument is a significant majority in today’s world. 

12 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Did you read the whole study you quoted? Do you feel really confident about that?

I have read it multiple times and yes I feel confident that Henderson would have done things very differently then Fauci and company.  And with better results to boot.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean, it was my main point so I’m glad you were able to pick up on it. I’m not so concerned with the health of the non vaccinated as they don’t seem to be very concerned with it. 

But I am interested in how Sweeney feels about all of this considering his entire season was derailed by it. I’m sure he’s probably keeping mostly to himself with his opinions considering he’s a young guy. But he’d have a much more educated insight than say Cole Beasley. 

There are a significant number of pro athletes waiting to get poked.  I don't think they are waiting because they are selfish.  I think their doctors, trainers and other healthcare professionals are telling them they are low risk and might be putting something in their bodies that could hurt them more than help them.  I think pro athletes are assessing the risks.  I know many of you don't, you think they're stupid or selfish.  I think this is a very serious and important decision they are facing and they truly believe they are doing the right thing for themselves, their career, their team and their sport.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffarukus said:

no i didnt. thats his choice and he says he will stand by it. if the league kicks him out...good luck thanks you for your service. if not welcome back thank you for your service.

i think you missed my original post where either way..."cut his a$%" is pretty pathetic response from the fan base.

I did miss that... I really don't like the distraction this is causing, but calling for him to be cut because of his emotional comments is an emotional reaction at this point.

My hope is that he comes to his senses and realizes that playing in the NFL requires tremendous sacrifice. And that the amount of discomfort and restriction from the protocols he's subjected to is minute compared to what many other professions endure, and certainly minimal compared to being deployed overseas. 

I really wish he had stuck to his guns when he said he'd be back on social media next year. I don't like potential this has to turn into a greater distraction... At the same time, he has the right to use his platform to say whatever he wants... 

When the rubber hits the road is if / when he actively flaunts the protocols and his actions, not his words, are in violation of NFL Covid policy. At that point, it stops being about his freedom and becomes about him being a literal danger to his team.

37 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

let’s downgrade an amazing passing offense over a vaccine 🙄🤮

dudes out there playing his ass off w one leg and we have to listen to all this nonsense now.    

dgas what he chooses to do with his body 

No, it has nothing to do with him not taking the vaccine and everything to do with him telling the NFL he refuses to follow the rules for vaccinated players. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I have read it multiple times and yes I feel confident that Henderson would have done things very differently then Fauci and company.  And with better results to boot.

For a long time, I gave Fauci the benefit of the doubt.  I don't like what I'm hearing today.