Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

Front office is just gonna send him home if he isn’t following protocol. It’s part of their job to make sure everyone is.  
It’s a pick your poison type of situation for him, vaccine or follow protocol, and by the sounds of it he’s not willing to do either. Hopefully this gets put to bed sooner then later. 

Happy Retirement Beas! 

1 hour ago, dgrochester55 said:

I got the vaccine but respect others choices, until these become FDA approved(yes I understand what EUA is), these should not be forced or "strongly suggested" by any group.    On the other hand, I completely understand the safety protocols that the NFL is putting in place.   It sounds like there is some disagreement within the NFLPA with many others not in a position to take the same stance as Beasley.   Hopefully, a solution can be worked out that does the best possible combination of preserving safety and not making players feel so restricted.

It is a shame just how quickly some fans can so easily turn on a player who besides maybe Allen represented the heart, soul and effort of this team last year as well as any player on the Bills.

I’m not turning on him.  I am just really disappointed in him and the others who are taking the anti-vaccination stance.  Because they are believing the political nonsense thrown around about the vaccine, and vaccines in general, instead of looking at the actual facts.  Here are facts which are getting completely and willfully ignored, and oftentimes deliberately lied about:

1.  Although the vaccines have EUA, that does not mean they have not been studied.  To get EUA the vaccines went through Phase 3 trials with tens of thousands of patients, and those trials showed high effectiveness and limited and non-serious side effects.  Since EUA tens of millions have been vaccinated and again with high effectiveness and limited side effects.  The two notable ones, blood clots with J&J and the myocarditis are extremely rare, and were found out about precisely because of the thorough follow up of all being vaccinated.  I sit on an FDA advisory panel in another area; these panels are serious as a heart attack about data.  And the mRNA vaccines have been now submitted for full FDA approval.

2.  People throw out crap about experimental gene therapy, long term effects because of vaccine additives, etc.  All nonsense.  Messenger RNA does not alter your genes; that is your DNA and the mRNA has no effect on that.  The vaccines are either just mRNA with salts and some fat molecules to help absorption, or with J and J an altered cold virus.  There are no heavy metals, chips, etc.  They do not magnetize you.  They don’t do anything other than help save our life.  And as far as long term effects, mRNA vaccines have been studied for decades, plus historically any adverse reactions to vaccines  long term are extremely rare, and are caught usually within weeks.  If we were going to see severe complications we would have seen them by now.

Hapless nailed this.  Throughout our history the country has banded together and helped each other in times of national crisis.  But because of the idiotic political climate around this we have not done so for Covid.  I want Cole and any other players to get his vaccination because, as a fan, I’m selfish.  This is a team with a real shot at winning it all, and to potentially throw that away because of misplaced opinions pisses me off.  But as a scientist, and member of the human race, I want him to get it because I care for him and all the other non-vaccinated folks out there.  I don’t want to see them die or face a lifetime of complications when it could have been avoided.

59 minutes ago, Little Dog said:

What if Josh and Cole take the vaccine shot and die , then what

The vaccines are not killing people.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Front office is just gonna send him home if he isn’t following protocol. It’s part of their job to make sure everyone is.  
It’s a pick your poison type of situation for him, vaccine or follow protocol, and by the sounds of it he’s not willing to do either. Hopefully this gets put to bed sooner then later. 

Happy Retirement Beas! 

Sounds like communism to me take shot or your rights are forfeited 

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m not turning on him.  I am just really disappointed in him and the others who are taking the anti-vaccination stance.  Because they are believing the optical nonsense thrown around about the vaccine, and vaccines in general, instead of looking at the actual facts.  Here are facts which are getting completely and willfully ignored, and oftentimes deliberately lied about:

1.  Although the vaccines have EUA, that does not mean they have not been studied.  To get EUA the vaccines went through Phase 3 trials with tens of thousands of patients, and those trials showed high effectiveness and limited and non-serious side effects.  Since EUA tens of millions have been vaccinated and again with high effectiveness and limited side effects.  The two notable ones, blood clots with J&J and the myocarditis are extremely rare, and were found out about precisely because of the thorough follow up of all being vaccinated.  I sit on an FDA advisory panel in another area; these panels are serious as a heart attack about data.  And the mRNA vaccines have been now submitted for full FDA approval.

2.  People throw out crap about experimental gene therapy, long term effects because of vaccine additives, etc.  All nonsense.  Messenger RNA does not alter your genes; that is your DNA and the mRNA has no effect on that.  The vaccines are either just mRNA with salts and some fat molecules to help absorption, or with J and J an altered cold virus.  There are no heavy metals, chips, etc.  They do not magnetize you.  They don’t do anything other than help save our life.  And as far as long term effects, mRNA vaccines have been studied for decades, plus historically any adverse reactions to vaccines  long term are extremely rare, and are caught usually within weeks.  If we were going to see severe complications we would have seen them by now.

Hapless nailed this.  Throughout our history the country has banded together and helped each other in times of national crisis.  But because of the idiotic political climate around this we have not done so for Covid.  I want Cole and any other players to get his vaccination because, as a fan, I’m selfish.  This is a team with a real shot at winning it all, and to potentially throw that away because of misplaced opinions pisses me off.  But as a scientist, and member of the human race, I want him to get it because I care for him and all the other non-vaccinated folks out there.  I don’t want to see them die or face a lifetime of complications when it could have been avoided.

The vaccines are not killing people.

The vaccine has killed thousands of people, why do youhave to sign a waver to protect big pharm to take the vaccine?

Edited by Little Dog
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Little Dog said:

The vaccine has killed thousands of people, why do youhave to sign a waver to protect big pharm to take the vaccine?

That is laughable and sad that you actually believe that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Draconator said:

That is laughable and sad that you actually believe that. 

The only laughable thing is your  ignorance to to the fact that people have died, contacted COVID and children having and young adults having heart inflammation after the vaccine shot

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

I agree with Cole's live or let die attitude,  but he's still an idiot for not taking a free vaccine.  Billions of people would love to be able to just show up at a corner pharmacy and get protected against this deadly virus like so many other diseases.  A majority of the entire US Population has gotten the freaking shot along with dozens of other vaccines. If you're not an idiot then your children get dozens of vaccines before the age of 5 and have been doing so for generations. The people who refuse to do such a simple common sense thing for themselves and their families are wilfully idiotic. It's not a big freaking deal.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sanders can play slot. Mckenzie has shown he can fill in. Hodgins is a big slot. If the Ertz trade goes through that's another inside WR.

Beasley is going to change his tune pretty quickly. 

Josh doesn’t want the vaccine as well , who plays qb 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Little Dog said:

The only laughable thing is your  ignorance to to the fact that people have died, contacted COVID and children having and young adults having heart inflammation after the vaccine shot

Have any links to back up your absurd claims? You know, like from reputable health and science magazines? And not from ones with a Hammer and Sickle as their logo?

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Did Beasley buck so hard against the stringent Covid protocols put in place for last season? 

the difference between this year and last year is that last year the football players were basically following the same rules as the rest of the country. This year, it appears that most of the country is very close to being back to normal, while football players are still living under the same rules as last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

i'm sure my opinion is redundant at this point, but why not?  i'm someone who was very pro vaccine, and was ready to get it as soon as it was available, but am also someone who doesn't feel you should be forced to put anything in your body you don't want to.  now that that's out of the way, what cole is doing is nothing short of being a man child.  i love him as a bill, but i now question who he is as an adult.  not because he didn't get the vaccine, but because of how he's approaching this situation.

guess what?  for those of you who think covid was no big deal, there are many, many other who feel it is.  i'm sure there are guys on the bills who were wildly uncomfortable about playing, but needed and wanted to for themselves and their families.  they went through the protocol and followed the rules to keep themselves and others around them safe.  how do you think these guys feel when cole spouts off like this?  this constant, "i'm the most important person in the world nonsense" has to stop.  he knows the rules in place right now, (regardless if some feel they're necessary or not) and if he wants to play in the nfl, just follow them.  crying on social media is just such a big B word move.  he's not standing up for beliefs...he just being a giant ***** baby.  

don't want the shot...fine.  at least be respectful that maybe have lost someone to covid, or became very sick themselves.  go ask sweeny how it doesn't have any consequences to young, healthy individuals.  the level on ignorance in this thread is astounding.  

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Little Dog said:

That is a lie and you know it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Little Dog said:

Do your own homework,

Ok!!!!

The number 1 response on Google when searching "Does the Covid vaccine kill thousands of people"

From Reuters (Not CNN or Landel TV)

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaers-deaths/fact-check-vaers-data-does-not-prove-thousands-died-from-receiving-covid-19-vaccines-idUSL1N2LV0NY

Fact Check-VAERS data does not prove thousands died from receiving COVID-19 vaccines

Viewed more than 21,000 times on Facebook, a video showing data collected by the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) claims that thousands of people died from receiving COVID-19 vaccines. The video, which fails to mention that anyone can report events to VAERS and that the database contains unverified information, describes reported deaths of individuals who died after receiving the vaccine as deaths caused by the vaccine, when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has so far found no evidence that vaccinations led to patient deaths.

So not only did I do my own homework, I did yours as well!!! 

Mods, do I get a gold star as you're the teacher proxies on TBD?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Little Dog said:

this.  this is exactly what i'm talking about.  

people don't like the rules set up during covid, but they were necessary.  why?  because it's obvious that some people just aren't smart enough to take care of themselves.  they need to be watched like children and told what to do.  when they don't get their way, they tantrum.  that's what cole is doing now.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

the difference between this year and last year is that last year the football players were basically following the same rules as the rest of the country. This year, it appears that most of the country is very close to being back to normal, while football players are still living under the same rules as last year. 

I appreciate the input on the differences in the circumstances between this year and last, but I’m interested in Beasley’s stance at the time. 

Only one reasonable approach to Covid vaccine...."think small pox", "think polio".. 

After seriously cutting yourself would you consider a tetanus shot bad?

Fearing a vaccine like Cole is hysteria, not logic.

If Josh is in the same boat, we'll I guess the football Gods have found a way of recreating wide right.

If a wonder drug could cure Cole if he caught Covid, would he take it? Does he take other meds and supplements? Likely. Does he think Tylenol is a commie plot?

I think this is plain hysteria.