Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Could you rewrite the first two lines in English please? 

Also, have you actually read the NFL's protocols for non vaccinated players?  There is no requirement to "lock yourself in your room without visitors".

Sure! 

#1: its been well documented that in our state (NY), the Supreme Leader (the governor) defied all common sense and reason by ordering nursing homes to take in patients that were tested and confirmed positive for Covid-19. I bring this up because its an example of a case in which 99.9% of objective people would look at this and say "that's dumb". Similarly to the current state of affairs in which you have a governing body making idiotic decrees that defy all common sense with respect to a group of people whos job is to smash themselves up

#2. "

Per the memo, any player who is not fully vaccinated will continue to be subject to:

Daily testing, mask wearing (including in the team facility) and physical distancing

A quarantine if he has a high-risk exposure to someone with COVID-19

Significant restrictions when traveling, including required isolation in the team hotel and relegation to a separate team plane" .

Am I misinterpreting what "required isolation in the team hotel" means?

Edited by Pabstblueribbon

26 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Good point. Tommy lost almost a year of development and ended up with a potentially serious complication because, ya know, god’s will. 

because saying “X number or states think this” is misleading. I’d rather see the number of people that ascribe to A (or B.)

states have populations ranging from what 40+ million vs 700K? That’s all i’m saying

Texas, Ohio , Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, north Dakota, Oregon , Idaho , Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, All allow philosophical exemption 

Or simply if they morally object they don't have to

Every other state besides California New York Mississippi and West Virginia allow religious exemption (Minnesota doesn't, but they allow philosophical)

And you don't need rigorous proof. Most the States you just need to check waiver that says religious exemption

Edited by Buffalo716

37 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don’t think he’s that stupid. What he’s actually saying is that he refuses to be even slightly inconvenienced.

He’s loudly and proudly confirmed that he is.  

He equated submitting yourself to a vaccine as the cessation of “living”.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He’s loudly and proudly confirmed that he is.  

He equated submitting yourself to a vaccine as the cessation of “living”.  

or at least “living free” 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Texas, Ohio , Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, north Dakota, Oregon , Idaho , Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, All allow philosophical exemption 

Or simply if they morally object they don't have to

Every other state besides California New York Mississippi and West Virginia allow religious exemption (Minnesota doesn't, but they allow philosophical)

And you don't need rigorous proof. Most the States you just need to check waiver that says religious exemption

thanks. But honestly, just checking a box to opt out is a part of the problem. 

To me it’s simple.  If you choose not to vaccinate, you have that right as they haven’t fully tested through normal fda procedures for full approval.  Once that is complete, then it increases to the level of public health standard like polio and small pox.  Until then, it should be a choice, but that also means you make the choice to follow the protocols put in place by you’re employer and union, or you’re services are terminated.

Hes muddying the waters with I’m above the rules, and trying to keep the focus on a vacc. Choice. Vs. following the rules.

Im fine with cutting him, and sends a larger message to players to follow the rules.  It can start with fines and suspensions that need to forced not rescinded in a whim.  If he continues you escalate and just cut him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Then the NFL and NFLPA better put their heads together and come up with a compromise because I guarantee you there are more players like Cole who feel that way.

How many are threatening retirement?

Cole made it clear he's financially set... he almost washed his hands of the sport if he's forced to stick by these protocols... which make it so that he doesn't have to get the vaccine he's complaining about.

How many other players are going to pronounce they're financially set in the same way?

17 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

or at least “living free” 

thanks. But honestly, just checking a box to opt out is a part of the problem. 

Unfortunately there are a lot of problems in society today 

The best we can do is try to be the best we can be.. I know that sounds cliche but it's the best you can do

5 hours ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

So Josh didn’t get the vaccine - your words.

And he’s following protocols bc he’s worried about contracting covid - your words.

These things don’t jive with ppl who live in Truth.  Ppl like you… I guess it does.

Seriously, brilliant. I'm humbled. 

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Unfortunately there are a lot of problems in society today 

The best we can do is try to be the best we can be.. I know that sounds cliche but it's the best you can do

“there are a lot of problems today” isn’t even close to an excuse for setting up and propping up a position that will hurt solving an extremely urgent health issue. 

But you’re right we should always try to the best version of ourselves - that includes actually learning about things we previously only thought we knew about.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought the same nucci. It almost infers he never did his own “research”.

Keeping it to football, I’ll miss seeing him out there if they cut him, but I wouldn’t want him creating potential infections during the season.  If he would just wear a damn mask etc. I’d love to keep him.  It’s his unapologetic defiance that’s the problem.

it’s too bad as he’s almost always open.

• Like (+1) 2

I got the vaccine but respect others choices, until these become FDA approved(yes I understand what EUA is), these should not be forced or "strongly suggested" by any group.    On the other hand, I completely understand the safety protocols that the NFL is putting in place.   It sounds like there is some disagreement within the NFLPA with many others not in a position to take the same stance as Beasley.   Hopefully, a solution can be worked out that does the best possible combination of preserving safety and not making players feel so restricted.

It is a shame just how quickly some fans can so easily turn on a player who besides maybe Allen represented the heart, soul and effort of this team last year as well as any player on the Bills.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Process said:

There is a protocol thread where Cole is being discussed but he probably deserves his own thread at this point. 

Im getting pretty dang close to rooting for the Bills to cut him. I was already thinking he's a candidate to get cut next off-season, might as well just do it now and let some of the young guys get some playing time. 

He makes it very clear he is not going to follow any protocols, which means he will spend the season getting fined and suspended. If he's not going to be available to play, why deal with the distraction?

Thousands of people have died from the vaccine, thousands of children have heart inflammation from the vaccine thousands of people have blood clots and other health issues from the vaccine,and you have to sign a waver form to protect big pharm in case you die from the vaccine. YOU tell me what’s so safe about the vaccine. And I forgot to mention thousands of people who took the vaccine shot still contacted COVID 

3 hours ago, Figster said:

Now If Cole gives Josh Covid I'm one pissed off Bills fan... 

what if Josh gives it to Cole? Or starts an outbreak with the whole lot of other Bills  players that are not vaxed?

my point being are we pissed Cole is not getting the vaccine? Or we pissed he publicly saying he will not get it. 

cause by all appearances, Sure looks like Josh ain’t taking a shot either. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

what if Josh gives it to Cole? Or starts an outbreak with the whole lot of other Bills  players that are not vaxed?

my point being are we pissed Cole is not getting the vaccine? Or we pissed he publicly saying he will not get it. 

cause by all appearances, Sure looks like Josh ain’t taking a shot either. 

What if Josh and Cole take the vaccine shot and die , then what

• Eyeroll 1