Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Isnt it pretty cut and dry at this point?  Those who dont vax are going to have to jump through hoops.......if they dont jump through those hoops....they wont be available on game day.

Or am I missing something?

Only if he tests positive or a close contact. The team can fine him if he goes out with his family, etc I think, but he can still play as long he’s not on the COVID list. Of course, vaccinated players will be tested once every two weeks and can also be put on the list if they test positive. 

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

At last report , the Bills were one of the teams over 50% and climbing every day. Only a handful of teams are under that 50% mark (Jags, Colts, Chargers)

He said STANDS for principals. That's why he doesnt have a problem with this.

image.thumb.png.bb065657ec4c75324b64906ffc6b1310.png

• Haha (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Process said:

There is a protocol thread where Cole is being discussed but he probably deserves his own thread at this point. 

Im getting pretty dang close to rooting for the Bills to cut him. I was already thinking he's likely to get cut next off-season, might as well just do it now and let some of the young guys get some playing time. 

So now we get down to it. 

This isn't about Cole Beasley wanting to protect himself and his family from vaccinated teammates who might go out to dinner and bring Covid-19 back to the WR room and infect him.   This isn't about Cole Beasley not getting clarity on NFL/NFLPA protocols. 

The only outcome acceptable to Cole Beasley, that he thinks the NFLPA should have fought for, is for no mandatory vaccine AND no protocols restricting unvaccinated players.  ***** the rights of any players who might not want to be exposed to covid (vaccination is maybe 85% effective against current variants), ***** any concerns of the team to have their stars available all season, and the NFL's concern to deliver a quality product.

So much for Beane and McDermott saying this won't be a distraction to the team or any desire by team leaders to keep contention internal.

Welp, the Bills are certainly in the Forefront this season and it's not for good reasons.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 2

25 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I get both sides of it.  He has every right to not get the shot.  

And the NFL/Bills have every right to fire him. 

It reminds me of when people lean on freedom of speech. “I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT!! FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!”. It just means you won’t go to jail. It doesn’t mean your employer can’t fire you. 

Beasley is one of my favorite players on the field. But his tweets are going off the rails, mentioning “Gods will” (maybe God’s will was to put scientists and doctors on earth to develop a vaccine, but I digress). Fine.  Don’t get the vaccine; but shut up. Or retire. 

I was really hoping a Bills player would show up on the front page of ESPN.com this off-season…. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Process said:

Lmao. You don't automatically get respect for speaking your mind. You don't get respect when what's on your mind is complete nonsense, and you are acting like a clown, like Cole is.

Sometimes it amazes me how foreign empathy is to some people. Not everyone thinks like you, and not everyone values the same things you do. I hate to say this, but that doesn't automatically make them a bad person. Someone actually took Cole's stance, not on general vaccines, but on just this particular one and compared it directly to people who picket the funerals of gay people. Like, what?

Edited by Boxcar
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Only if he tests positive or a close contact. The team can fine him if he goes out with his family, etc I think, but he can still play as long he’s not on the COVID list. Of course, vaccinated players will be tested once every two weeks and can also be put on the list if they test positive. 

Right but isnt that the whole point

If he comes up positive.....he cant play which could affect our entire offensive game plan

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This is great news! In the past when the bills were bickering Divas they were at their best! Super bowl here we come! 

I actually thought this last night too. I can only imagine the crap that we would have seen if that team in 1988 had social media accounts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boxcar said:

Sometimes it amazes me how foreign empathy is to some people. Not everyone thinks like you, and not everyone values the same things you do. I hate to say this, but that doesn't automatically make them a bad person. Someone actually took Cole's stance, not on general vaccines, but on just this particular one and compared it directly to people who picket the funerals of gay people. Like, what?

You arent understanding what he is saying here. This is beyond his choice to not get vaccinated. No one cared about that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

LOOOOOOOL

Beasley saying if he infects other people, it's God's Will.

I thought God gave me brains so I could earn a PhD and design manufacturing processes for vaccines to prevent infections and medications to treat them?  If God didn't want me to do that *****, he shoulda made me fast strong and dumb

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm done with him. He's gotta go. He's now become a full-blown distraction for this organization...a colossal pain the a$$! He obviously has lacked the intelligence or common deceny to handle this behind closed doors- in other words- the sensible way. Thusly, he should be sent packing; and as soon as possible! He's gangrenous.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3