Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Different scenario. What if an employer required medical history on abortions? And they fired every woman who had one.  Would the women be able to sue?

You specifically said that in the case of Cole Beasley, "lawsuits will follow". 

How the heck is your question relevant, at all?

Regarding the NFL and Covid protocols, which I thought was the topic, there is no debate regarding lawsuits. When the Bills start asking players their abortion history we can start a new thread to discuss. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Getting your children into public schools has worked that way for decades. It’s weird how almost everyone is completely cool with that. 

Yea not really so much for an experimental vaccine. I trust it but let’s still be real about what it really is.

8 minutes ago, Process said:

When you start saying stuff that is so obviously and completely not true, it's probably a sign that you are losing the argument.

Forget "most", how about you reply with just one quote of someone in this 30 pg thread saying a player should be cut for not being vaccinated.

hmm...wonder who said this?

am i still losing?

Edited by plenzmd1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Cole has every right to not be vaccinated, and the NFL has every right to sideline him. I think the NFLPA is pure scum, but htey agreed to it, he is in the NFLPA, he has to live with it.

I also think JA17 aint getting no vaccine, which i took my second dose in April. His choice. Only reason Cole getting blasted is his public stance. You okay Josh not getting vaxxed as long as he keeps it quite? Is it  only a matter of wins and losses for you? What these human beings think matters not? Damn it, win me a Super Bowl!!!!!

Again ,please stop the gaslighting. 

I'm fine with him being vaxxed or unvaxxed, I'm fine with publicly expressing his beliefs and opinions. 

The problem is that he is saying that he will not adhere to the protocols of being unvaccinated. If he had said, "I have doubts about the vaccine and don't agree with the protocol so I am availing myself of one of my options which is to retire from the NFL" then all the power to him. He's saying he intends to break the rules which is going to have consequences for the whole team. 

As for your BS, "he's a human!"... why is it ok for him to disrespect the health safety of any other player who may choose not to get the vaccine and put them at risk by violating the protocols? They're humans too. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Cole has every right to not be vaccinated, and the NFL has every right to sideline him. I think the NFLPA is pure scum, but htey agreed to it, he is in the NFLPA, he has to live with it.

I also think JA17 aint getting no vaccine, which i took my second dose in April. His choice. Only reason Cole getting blasted is his public stance. You okay Josh not getting vaxxed as long as he keeps it quite? Is it  only a matter of wins and losses for you? What these human beings think matters not? Damn it, win me a Super Bowl!!!!!

I would bet Josh is vaxxed. He’s got a lot more to lose by not doing so - endorsements, etc.

Well see

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

CDC:  Rapid quarantine of close contacts with or without symptoms is needed to prevent presymptomatic transmission.

CincyBillsFan: No.

This is to broad and violates Henderson's rule that actions to thwart a pandemic should minimize societal disruption.  The damage done by deviating from normalcy can be extensive.  We are seeing that first hand now.  We will pay a steep price for the lock downs over the next few decades.

Nothing can stop the spread of a respiratory virus in it's tracks. The best you can do is manage the spread and focus on protecting the most vulnerable. I'll take my lead from DA Henderson over the CDC any day of the week. After all this guy used to head that organization among others:

https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.552.1109&rep=rep1&type=pdf

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I understand. It’s the same choice. As Americans we need choices. 

I'm interested in how a woman I work with getting an abortion affects my health. Please provide your newsletter so I can learn more. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

This is where risk/benefit calculations come in.  Required vaccinations for schools make sense given the threat of the problems they're meant to deal with.

Last I saw most school systems don't require children or teenagers to get the flu shot do they? This is in spite of flu outbreaks often emerging from schools.

11 minutes ago, GLP said:

He's a crybaby who should just man-up and get vaccinated. I've been vaccinated (2 shots) it's NO big deal. If he doesn't want to abide by the NFL rules then he should retire NOW so we have time to find a replacement for an idiot WR!

Oh its a big deal GLP.What do you know about the vaccines?? about skipping the animal testing?? about being unapproved by the FDA ? About the rising number of deaths from the 'vaccines'?..No big deal??..God help us. Please do some research.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

hmm...wonder who said this?

am i still losing?

Ok you went from losing the argument to not even worth talking too. Did you read the post you quoted. "He makes it very clear he is not going to follow any protocols, which means he will spend the season getting fined and suspended. If he's not going to be available to play, why deal with the distraction?"

I have said multiple times in this thread, as have others, that it's not about vaccination, it's him stating that he is going to completely ignore protocols, which will without a doubt lead to fines, suspensions, and be a huge distraction to the team. 

A for effort?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Again ,please stop the gaslighting. 

I'm fine with him being vaxxed or unvaxxed, I'm fine with publicly expressing his beliefs and opinions. 

The problem is that he is saying that he will not adhere to the protocols of being unvaccinated. If he had said, "I have doubts about the vaccine and don't agree with the protocol so I am availing myself of one of my options which is to retire from the NFL" then all the power to him. He's saying he intends to break the rules which is going to have consequences for the whole team. 

As for your BS, "he's a human!"... why is it ok for him to disrespect the health safety of any other player who may choose not to get the vaccine and put them at risk by violating the protocols? They're humans too. 

because if you vaxed, you have no reason, at all, to be worried about getting  sick or dying from Covid. He is not disrespecting anyone. 

• Eyeroll 1

35 pages of replies in six hours. You'd think renderings of the new stadium were announced or something.

But no, it's just a thread mostly full of totally-not-political badgering. End this thread.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Process said:

Ok you went from losing the argument to not even worth talking too. Did you read the post you quoted. "He makes it very clear he is not going to follow any protocols, which means he will spend the season getting fined and suspended. If he's not going to be available to play, why deal with the distraction?"

I have said multiple times in this thread, as have others, that it's not about vaccination, it's him stating that he is going to completely ignore protocols, which will without a doubt lead to fines, suspensions, and be a huge distraction to the team. 

A for effort?

so you did not say he should be cut?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is to broad and violates Henderson's rule that actions to thwart a pandemic should minimize societal disruption.  The damage done by deviating from normalcy can be extensive.  We are seeing that first hand now.  We will pay a steep price for the lock downs over the next few decades.

Nothing can stop the spread of a respiratory virus in it's tracks. The best you can do is manage the spread and focus on protecting the most vulnerable. I'll take my lead from DA Henderson over the CDC any day of the week. After all this guy used to head that organization among others:

https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.552.1109&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Did you read the whole study you quoted? Do you feel really confident about that?

1 minute ago, galept said:

35 pages of replies in six hours. You'd think renderings of the new stadium were announced or something.

But no, it's just a thread mostly full of totally-not-political badgering. End this thread.

Personally, I enjoy reading the bickering more than the prospect of an open air stadium, with the possibility of time in Toronto or Happy Valley 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

because if you vaxed, you have no reason, at all, to be worried about getting  sick or dying from Covid. He is not disrespecting anyone. 

You're not even trying anymore. 

Josh Allen is not vaccinated.

Cole Beasely is not vaccinated.

Josh Allen follows the protocols.

Cole Beasely does not follow the protocols. 

Why should Josh Allen be exposed to increased risk so that Cole Beasely can "really live"? Beasely has an option to live free. He doesn't like it so he wants everything to change to suit himself. 

• Like (+1) 3