Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

From what he talked about in his post it seems like his main issue is the rules against meeting with family/people outside. Which if that's the case it doesn't matter as much to me it's hard to think they should be more restricted than the rest of us are. But in the facility he should definitely follow protocols other wise he's forcing his decision on everyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Westboro Baptist Church speaks their minds and stands by their principals do you have to respect them? If your principals are garbage you standing by them makes no difference to the merit of your argument. To clarify not necessarily saying that Cole's principals (which are dubious) are equivalent to the WBC but rather just standing by something add no value to it.

Amazing! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Isn't more than 50 % of the team unvaccinated? 

Where are the rest of the players to back him up on this? 

Can’t imagine many players will back up Cole’s stance .  It’s fine to choose not to get vaccinated as it’s a personal choice .   But then to say that you won’t follow social distancing requirements is idiotic .

• Like (+1) 1

im cool w his stance, but he's choosing the wrong hill to die on.  

one thing i've learned from old school guys vs everyone under the age of 40 today, back then (mostly before my time) people got up to stuff, did dirt, and had crazy opinions and such that would get them cancelled today, but they tended not to air these things.  I've heard stories about guys working together where one guy would be some kind of che type communist and the other some kind of crypto fascist, and they'd have various arguments and so on, but it was kept behind the curtain and no one bladed anyone on anything.  I think social media was the death of private life for people in the public eye, and many people outside of it.

27 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Regardless of where you stand on the subject - one of our stars outwardly saying he will not abide by the rules of the league is a huge issue. We're now facing, at best, a season where Cole will be fined and suspended on the regular. Think we seriously need to prepare for a season without him, at this point. 

This is correct....regardless of where you stand on this issue.....this might create a "real world" issue of him not being available on game day.

I personally like Cole.....but if he does something to hurt my team that could change very quickly

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Of course he does.  But the government and employers have a right and really an obligation to set workplace rules.  

I'm not so sure.  The legal issues around the vaccine haven't really been adjudicated yet.  We're in new territory.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Pokebball said:

I'm not so sure.  The issues around the vaccine haven't really been adjudicated yet.  We're in new territory.

Schools mandate your kids get the polio vaccine among others in order to attend them. This also isn't an employer saying you can't be an employee without getting a vaccine you are still allowed to play in the NFL while being unvaccinated, you just have to comply to other protocols to keep you and your teammates safe. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

I'm not so sure.  The issues around the vaccine haven't really been adjudicated yet.  We're in new territory.

Isnt it pretty cut and dry at this point?  Those who dont vax are going to have to jump through hoops.......if they dont jump through those hoops....they wont be available on game day.

Or am I missing something?

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

"We respect each player's decision on the vaccination is their own, and while we continue to educate our players and hope they decide to get the vaccine, we know we have a number of players who will not, and are totally fine with that as they are still on the team. However, we also made a decision as a team to not speak out about it or let it become a distraction, and Cole was unable to follow that. Nor would he agree to follow the protocols agreed to by the NFL and NFLPA. We provided him plenty of ways and opportunities to contact his union reps and work with the NFLPA, but he was unwilling to do so. So we made the decision to move on since we are trying to stay unified as a team, and move forward into a re-opened 2021."

-Brandon Beane

Boom, cut.

But if he's willing to retire over it all, than problem solved.

Subservience is a virtue, I guess. By "we will educate the players" they really just mean "try to force them to get vaccinated"

Yes, let's get excited to cut our second best receiver because he wants to have a choice without being treated like a leper. Lunacy. I personally got the shot just so I can get my freedom papers, but just make the damn thing mandatory because it effectively is anyway. Your choice is get the shot and get your papers to participate in society, or don't and be cast out. It's not really a choice.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 4
  • Dislike 3