Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It officially Jumped the Shark for me just now.

It jumped the shark when Beas tweeted, basically, that someone should autopsy the 600,000 dead because - did they really die of COVID?  There is a way to make a personal choice with discretion and class, within the confines of his teammates’ decision about how to deal with the issue publicly, and mindful of his status as an athlete whom kids look up and listen to.  “Recount the bodies” is the opposite of all of that.  I’m sorry, it just is.  I’ll stop posting about it though.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 11

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Can you imagine if COVID caused a high mortality rate in children, and the vaccine (as this one is) wasn’t yet approved for kids, and there were uninformed jerk “role models” like Beasley spouting off about “it’s my life and my body”?  This debate would get really ugly then.  As a parent, you’re damn right I’d be ready to have the government jab a needle in his meathead arm.  SMH… If this were polio, the “freedom” crowd would be an existential threat to society.  

Thankfully it doesn't .

And this country was founded on the basis of personal freedom. If idiots don't want to get vaxxed it is their stupid right.. compulsory vaccination in the most free country on Earth flies against everything

And there are thousands of parents who do not get there children the vaccines now

Hence why there are cases again from eradicated virus

And I have every vaccination but i 💯% believe in the right to chose

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s all well and good that non-immunized people don’t GAFF, but that doesn’t change the reality that they are at higher risk to contract and spread the virus. 

And if they are a key player(s) or manage to spread an infection to a key player(s), then they are a detriment to team success.

I have to laugh at your last sentence. The only people I see playing the victim card are those that equate adherence to sound public health policy (proven to work time and time again thoughout history, btw) to losing their “freedom.” 

The unafraid are always more free than the petrified.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Give me the percentage of guaranteed survival one needs when you walking out of the door in the morning?

It ain’t ever gonna be 100% - that’s the way it is and the way it’s always been.

And obsessing over unhealthy life-forms dying from a disease and obsessing over the lamentable need to control other free-life-forms will put you in a grave much sooner than Covid will.

Thats a stone cold lock.

You really are something special

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Capco said:

I'm not attempting to predict the future.  All I'm saying is that if the states wanted to compel vaccination, they have the power to do so for every single person that does not have a genuine medical excuse.  

Like the power they have to prohibit illegal drugs and guns. I think rioting and property damage are prohibited, that's going well. Forced vax is specious. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thankfully it doesn't .

And this country was founded on the basis of personal freedom. If idiots don't want to get vaxxed it is their stupid right.. compulsory vaccination in the most free country on Earth flies against everything

And there are thousands of parents who do not get there children the polio vaccine yearly now 

Hence why there are polio cases again 

And I have every vaccination but i 💯% believe in the right to chose

I promise this really is my last post in this thread - but I just got a list of the vaccinations my kid has to have or he won’t be allowed in the public middle school in our district.  That may not be the case everywhere but it is in the Northeast for sure and has been for decades.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jesus ***** Christ.  "unhealthy life-forms dying from a disease".

I would like to introduce you to St Louis Firefighter Rodney L. Heard:

https://www.facebook.com/StLouisFireDepartment/posts/1970176336481381

image.thumb.png.8db6c2ee4b52d09fcee347668f021d5b.png

When I look at that picture, I see a veteran firefighter in overall good health, a man who served his community for 20 years and left a family - wife and children - to grieve.  I also see a death that didn't have to happen.  Covid vaccine was available to this man back in February and even if he got sick, would have most likely prevented serious disease.  Who knows what information or misinformation prompted him to decline it?  Will his family say at his funeral: "we're so glad he maintained his bodily autonomy and exercised his personal choice to avoid the vaccine"

When you look at that picture, I guess you see an "unhealthy life form".  Pardon me, but I think that makes you.....

....rather than saying, I'm just gonna tell a little story. 

One of the biggest chills I ever got was at a high school graduation, the year before my daughter graduated.  A teammate on her varsity volleyball team was the orphan of a firefighter killed in the line of duty.  Just before the graduation started, this long line of firefighters started to file in.  They all stood against the wall at attention, waiting for her to receive her diploma, the daughter of their 12 year dead Brother who couldn't be there.

Beasley says if you're vaccinated what I do doesn't affect you.  Whether you can't understand it or choose not to, that's just Bull.  The vaccine isn't 100%, so the more people are vaccinated the fewer breakthrough infections of vaccinated and the lower the spread overall.  I care about my fellow man.  I don't want to see that firefighter's family left grieving because he didn't get vaccinated and came into contact with someone infected.  I don't want to see that long line of firefighters filing in when his orphaned child graduates.

I'm done here.  When I lose my temper and find myself cussing and wanting to call someone ill names, it's time to be done.  "Unhealthy life form."  Jesus.

Yeah, I cringed when I read that post. I’m done with that particular board member. 

Perhaps someone should send the details of Mr. Heard’s death to Beasley who said he needed to see the cause of death for all 600k Covid victims before he could believe they died of Covid. Yeah, Bease, it’s all a big lie buddy. I’m pretty much done with Beasley at this point as well. Don’t give two craps if he stays or goes at this point. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I promise this really is my last post in this thread - but I just got a list of the vaccinations my kid has to have or he won’t be allowed in the public middle school in our district.  That may not be the case everywhere but it is in the Northeast for sure and has been for decades.

I'm not anti-vaccination.. I've just been hearing both sides of the argument in this thread 

Absolutely in state likes New York you need all the childhood vaccinations to go to public school

But 43 states have exemptions due to philosophical or religious beliefs, and it's basically an x on a waiver 

A lot of states technically let unvaccinated go to public schools with vaccinated

I think if you refuse your kid a polio vaccine or MMR that's Ludacris

5 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Ppl die every day.

You are over emotional and self important if you, as a board moderator, are going to be cursing at someone you disagree with.

Again, I’d recommend releasing the stick from your sphincter and letting go of all this worry.

Your callous disregard for human life and suffering is disagreeable, someone getting upset at you for proudly stating such disagreeable opinions is reasonable. You are essentially Ivan Drago “if he dies, he dies”. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Ppl die every day.

You are over emotional and self important if you, as a board moderator, are going to be cursing at someone you disagree with.

Again, I’d recommend releasing the stick from your sphincter and letting go of all this worry.

You know what they say if you don't have something smart to say, post it on the internet for people to be exasperated by.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thank you to those of you who’ve tried to keep the peace.

This thread served as a much needed Spring Cleaning. Hopefully fresh crops can now grow.

33 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

We’re getting our messages crossed here.  I changed my display name to BobbyC81 and Chandler#81 responded with “Hey!”.  I assumed he was talking about my ID, to which I responded “It’s enough different”

Sorry that I didn’t make this clearer.

I understood it. 

Btw, HEY!😡

😉

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

Not trying to start another 100 page debate, just sharing new info:

“I said all I needed to say,” Beasley told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I’m just living a normal life from here on out. I’m not trying to sway anybody in either direction. That’s what I am doing and that’s the end of it.”

“I don’t want [to] be any more of a distraction to my team so that’s where I’m leaving it,” Beasley said.

Sounds like McDermott and/or Beane reached out to him and told him to knock it off.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

52 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not trying to start another 100 page debate, just sharing new info:

Sounds like McDermott and/or Beane reached out to him and told him to knock it off.

Could also be his teammates told him to keep it internal 

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1