Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

How many people have to die from this virus for you to understand the concept of vaccinations?   Apparently over 600k in the US and millions worldwide aren’t enough.  Give us a number of deaths beyond which you’d get concerned.

Give me the percentage of guaranteed survival one needs when you walking out of the door in the morning?

It ain’t ever gonna be 100% - that’s the way it is and the way it’s always been.

And obsessing over unhealthy life-forms dying from a disease and obsessing over the lamentable need to control other free-life-forms will put you in a grave much sooner than Covid will.

Thats a stone cold lock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

It’s not apples to apples comparison.  

You’re talking about vaccines that have been around decades vs this rigged up thing.

Ppl aren’t going to follow the nanny state protocols whenever and wherever they can, so buckle up.

The NFL and the Bills organizations aren’t the state. The protocols will exist and organizations will follow them like concussion protocols. And I think you may be editorializing a bit by calling the vaccine a “rigged up thing” pretty funny actually. If Cole has concerns about safety maybe he should move into the stadium and only play home games because travel is far riskier than the vaccines, 300,000,000 doses in the US and no deaths attributed. 

2 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Give me the percentage of guaranteed survival one needs when you walking out of the door in the morning?

It ain’t ever gonna be 100% - that’s the way it is and the way it’s always been.

And obsessing over unhealthy life-forms dying from a disease and obsessing over the lamentable need to control other free-life-forms will put you in a grave much sooner than Covid will.

Thats a stone cold lock.

“Obsessing” you really do love your editorializing to concoct a point. Also 600k died from COVID last year are you saying more died from worry? Seems unlikely. 

Edited by Batman1876
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

I would prefer that players can get vaccinated or not get vaccinated.

And I would prefer that no player’s activities were impinged whatsoever.

Ppl who want the vaccine have it.  People who don’t, don’t.  That’s it.  Ball game over.  Fat Lady is singing.

And yet, we have this:

image.png.ce1a09c37b5756f3c78f5af3860748d8.png

How is this happening, if the ball game is over and the Fat Lady is singing?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And yet, we have this:

He seems to be under the faulty impression that an individual choosing not to get vaccinated has no effect of the community. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And yet, we have this:

Because everyone (in this magnificent country) has had the opportunity to exercise their free will.  

We’re so deep into the show that that fat mama is currently taking her off-stage-smoke-break while the crowd yells and chants for the encore.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

A year of pandemic has shown that if anything testing and reporting is understating the problem. 

1 minute ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Because everyone (in this magnificent country) has had the opportunity to exercise their free will.  

We’re so deep into the show that that fat mama is currently taking her off-stage-smoke-break while the crowd yells and chants for the encore.

I get your free will and free choice argument, I agree with it. I don’t get your argument when it comes to being free from the consequences of our actions. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

The reality is that non-immunized ppl don’t GAFF that they are “at higher risk.”

Quit making victims out of ppl that aren’t.

That’s all well and good that non-immunized people don’t GAFF, but that doesn’t change the reality that they are at higher risk to contract and spread the virus. 

And if they are a key player(s) or manage to spread an infection to a key player(s), then they are a detriment to team success.

I have to laugh at your last sentence. The only people I see playing the victim card are those that equate adherence to sound public health policy (proven to work time and time again thoughout history, btw) to losing their “freedom.” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

As a former marine, no it’s not, the reasoning behind being vaccinated is constant, military or civilian. 

We’re getting our messages crossed here.  I changed my display name to BobbyC81 and Chandler#81 responded with “Hey!”.  I assumed he was talking about my ID, to which I responded “It’s enough different”

Sorry that I didn’t make this clearer.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, H2o said:

I actually don't believe it helps or protects, but on the contrary I don't want to take the chance of self inflicted harm that could come from it. Either be that to me or at my hands to my children. The question is posed for those who believes it does make them "safe" from the effects. I'd rather take my chances with me and my children having remained healthy through this entire ordeal. 

Why do you think that the number of those infected and dying has dramatically decreased since we started mass vaccinations?  Like really dramatically.

31 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Thats a stone cold lock.

Jesus ***** Christ.  "unhealthy life-forms dying from a disease".

I would like to introduce you to St Louis Firefighter Rodney L. Heard.  Oh, I can't.  He died June 16th.

https://www.facebook.com/StLouisFireDepartment/posts/1970176336481381

image.thumb.png.8db6c2ee4b52d09fcee347668f021d5b.png

It is with deep sorrow and profound sadness that we announce the Line of Duty Death of St. Louis Firefighter, Rodney L. Heard.

After a courageous battle with COVID-19, Firefighter Heard succumbed to the illness.

During this difficult time, we ask that you keep the family and friends of Firefighter Heard uplifted in prayer and thoughts.

When I look at that picture, I see a veteran firefighter in overall good health, a man who served his community for 20 years and left a family - wife and children - to grieve.  I also see a death that didn't have to happen.  Covid vaccine was available to this man back in February and even if he got sick, would have most likely prevented serious disease.  Who knows what information or misinformation prompted him to decline it?  Will his family say at his funeral: "we're so glad he maintained his bodily autonomy and exercised his personal choice to avoid the vaccine"

When you look at that picture, I guess you see an "unhealthy life form".  Pardon me, but I think that makes you.....

....rather than saying, I'm just gonna tell a little story. 

One of the biggest chills I ever got was at a high school graduation, the year before my daughter graduated.  A teammate on her varsity volleyball team was the orphan of a firefighter killed in the line of duty.  Just before the graduation started, this long line of firefighters started to file in.  They all stood against the wall at attention, waiting for her to receive her diploma, the daughter of their 12 year dead Brother who couldn't be there.

Beasley says if you're vaccinated what I do doesn't affect you.  Whether you can't understand it or choose not to, that's just Bull.  The vaccine isn't 100%, so the more people are vaccinated the fewer breakthrough infections of vaccinated and the lower the spread overall.  I care about my fellow man.  I don't want to see that firefighter's family left grieving because he didn't get vaccinated and came into contact with someone infected.  I don't want to see that long line of firefighters filing in when his orphaned child graduates.

I'm done here.  When I lose my temper and find myself cussing and wanting to call someone ill names, it's time to be done.  "Unhealthy life form."  Jesus.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s all well and good that non-immunized people don’t GAFF, but that doesn’t change the reality that they are at higher risk to contract and spread the virus. 

And if they are a key player(s) or manage to spread an infection to a key player(s), then they are a detriment to team success.

I have to laugh at your last sentence. The only people I see playing the victim card are those that equate adherence to sound public health policy (proven to work time and time again thoughout history, btw) to losing their “freedom.” 

Can you imagine if COVID caused a high mortality rate in children, and the vaccine (as this one is) wasn’t yet approved for kids, and there were uninformed jerk “role models” like Beasley spouting off about “it’s my life and my body”?  This debate would get really ugly then.  As a parent, you’re damn right I’d be ready to have the government jab a needle in his meathead arm.  SMH… If this were polio, the “freedom” crowd would be an existential threat to society.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Thank you for writing this.  I have been involved in both clinical and basic science research for over 40 years.  The loss of 600k people plus the unknown number of individuals with long term complications from Covid are a tragedy.  And another is how this pandemic has exposed the ignorance of our society to basic concepts of science.  Some of this is simply because they have not had the education, but what is truly frightening is the willful ignorance of people to just discount things like facts and data.  

There is someone in this thread who literally used the phrase "science worshipers"  wth? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2