Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Either you win the lottery or you don't.

Either you win at roulette or you don't.

Those two things do not have the same odds... but in both cases, you don't know in advance. In both cases, if you play more times, the chance of a win is increased.

Same principle applies here. The vaccine should lower my odds of getting serious COVID. Still... I would prefer to be exposed fewer times. The less cases that are in the population, the less likely I will be exposed.

We may see serious cases continue to decline which is good for everyone, juat based on immunity levels so far (both natural and vaccine induced). However, if more people chose to get vaccinated, it is more likely that serious cases will continue to decline faster.

Unfortunately we are at the point where vaccination levels will plateau. It is what it is.

So the rest of your life, even though you have a vaccine that works… you are going to be a worry-wort and make ppl that aren’t scared relinquish their right to the pursuit of happiness because of your obsessive compulsive approach to a disease that’s survival rate is in the 98th percentile.

Sounds like a waste of energy and a surplus of stress.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The mRNA vaccines have the RNA, some salts, and some fat molecules to help keep the RNA soluble.  Once the mRNA is read for resulting synthesis of the spike protein it is degraded.  What in there do you think will cause long term effects?

An historical analysis of vaccine complications shows they are extraordinarily rare with any serious complications seen within weeks.  

I'll wait for the historical analysis to come in before declaring I have all the answers. 

68 pages of most people missing the point here.  This has NOTHING to do with vaccinations.  its his right to get one or not, and not everyone needs to get one for a team to be compliant.  So nothing wrong with him opting to not get one.  

This is 100% about the stupid stance he took about NOT following the required protocols to better insure he doesn't expose others.  Regardless if he gets COVID or not, just him breaking protocols alone will be enough for him to get quarantined along with anyone else he was around, especially those unvaccinated.  

And based on what was out there prior, I am not sure Josh Allen is going to get vaccinated.  To have a player blatantly posting on social media that not only is he not going to get vaccinated, but he's flat out not abiding by the protocols the NFL has put in place is a massive problem.  

The fact he doesn't see how stupid is public comments are at this point is crazy to me.  NO ONE, literally NO ONE is forcing him to get a vaccine.  They are requiring to be considerate of the safety to his teammates and staff not only in protecting them from getting COVID, but contributing to them remaining OUT of COVID quaratine/protocols.  We saw a lot of people miss games last year because someone else on their team had been around them after either breaking protocols or testing positive.  Denver played a game with not a single QB dressed.  

For him to be this stupid is shocking.  Given how much he has loved his teammates and playing in Buffalo.  If he doesn't publicly back track this part of his comments, I don't know how Beane keeps him on the team.  And I love Cole on this team, so I really hope he backs off the narcissistic stuff about being rich enough to do what he wants.

I would have never thought for 1 second that Cole would not be on this team in 2021...but if I am Beane, I cant see how I can keep a player who is willfully and boastfully going to break the safety protocols for his own selfish desires and basically say that his teammates, this team, our staff, our pursuit of a Super Bowl, etc don't matter.  The best "ability" is "availability"...and if you have a loose canon jeopardizing not only his availability, but the rest of your rosters, especially Diggs and Allen, then your job is in jeopardy in my book.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

29 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

You do realize, of course, that it’s his job.  He’s the one that actually plays the game of football and has to live the punitive NFL Covid protocols.

Oh boo hoo. Forgive me if I don't shed a tear for a man that's made over $30+M playing football but can't be bothered to wear a mask. At this point it's just ignorance wrapped up under the guise of personal liberty.

Edited by QCity
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

You do realize, of course, that it’s his job.  He’s the one that actually plays the game of football and has to live the punitive NFL Covid protocols.

Yes.

So he’s speaking out about something he disagrees that effects his day to day… he’s confronting his Union representation and the NFL in a public way.  Again - that is his Union, his employer, his day-to-day.  If he wants to call them out for their helicopter mom protocols then he can and should.  That’s what good and honest ppl, that care about the truth, do.

Really?  Honest people who disagree with their employer's protocols call them out on social media?  I call "Baloney".  I don't think it has to do with "good" or "honest".  Note: I'm not saying Cole Beasley isn't a good and honest man, I'm just saying that calling someone out on social media has nothing to do with "good: or "honest"

Me, when I want to change something at my job or in my neighborhood, I've kinda found it more effective to go and talk to people man-to-man as it were, try to gain an understanding of where they're coming from, hear their concerns, lay out my concerns, and see if we can find some common ground.  Sometimes it takes several discussions over time and a ***** ton of patience.   But I usually get there.  Sometimes I don't.

I find that if I call people out publicly, they tend to get defensive and hunker down. 

Maybe that's just me, and you've had success with Cole's strategy?  Tell us about it....I'm listening!

And exactly who are the church-dance-level  restrictions protecting?

Fair question.  Straight up: as long as the NFL and NFLPA take the position that players who test positive for covid-19 can't play, they're protecting The Shield.  The goal is to protect player availability to the team, and preserve the quality of the game while avoiding reschedules.

Teammates and coaches and organizational staff that haven’t been vaccinated have chosen not to be vaccinated.

Correct.   But if they get infected with covid-19 and test positive or develop symptoms, they become unavailable to the team.  If they infect other players, those players become unavailable to the team.  Thus close contacts who are ~7x more susceptible to infection (Unvaccinated) are required to quarantine to prevent spread, and quarantined players become unavailable to the team.

The Team is paying players to be available, not to be on Sick Call or cause a team outbreak.

The same "church dance level" restrictions were in place last year for unvaccinated players, ie, Everyone.  What's different now?

If. your. medicine. works. then. it. works.

How can I help you understand that 80-88% is less than 100%?  Good Gracious, I'm Very Tenacious, but at this point I think you're just not trying. so.....

I implore you to let go!

......Why do you care what I do? :nana:

Edit: TIL if you don't put a space between s*** and ton, the bad word filter don't twinge.  Shhh.  Don't tell @SDS

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

So the rest of your life, even though you have a vaccine that works… you are going to be a worry-wort and make ppl that aren’t scared relinquish their right to the pursuit of happiness because of your obsessive compulsive approach to a disease that’s survival rate is in the 98th percentile.

Sounds like a waste of energy and a surplus of stress.

No, I am living my life, and I am not advocating for government-compelled vaccination of non healthcare workers nor am I suggesting that government restrictions should remain in place at current levels.

Nevertheless, it isn't as simple as "works or it doesn't" except in retrospect.

22 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

As stated below I am pro-vaccine (my daughter is in the medical field)… but I very much worry when the government mandates pretty much anything. It is a slippery slope. Not everyone gets any vaccine.. religious reasons, etc

There are several states that require compulsory vaccinations without exemption unless it's a genuine medical reason.  And it is entirely within their power to do so.

The states that allow non-medical exemptions do so because they have chosen to, not because they lack the power to do so.  If they changed their laws to compel vaccination, it would be entirely Constitutional.  

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

But when you flip flop about the necessity to not go swimming in lake Erie in January via July it's a good and reasonable thing. 

Umm, what? Are you having an adverse reaction to the vaccine? So you equate the babble above as a proof point for whatever point you're trying to make? Sorry, this makes no sense. BTW, towards the end, I wouldn't trust Fauci to make a call on Lake Erie swimming.

1 minute ago, Capco said:

There are several states that require compulsory vaccinations without exemption unless it's a genuine medical reason.  And it is entirely within their power to do so.

The states that allow non-medical exemptions do so because they have chosen to, not because they lack the power to do so.  If they changed their laws to compel vaccination, it would be entirely Constitutional.  

Which states? I call BS. That wouldn't stand in court. 

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

68 pages of most people missing the point here.  This has NOTHING to do with vaccinations.  its his right to get one or not, and not everyone needs to get one for a team to be compliant.  So nothing wrong with him opting to not get one.  

This is 100% about the stupid stance he took to follow the required protocols to better insure he doesnt expose others.  Regardless if he gets COVID or not, just him breaking protocols alone will be enough for him to get quarantined along with anyone else he was around, especially those unvaccinated.  

And based on what was out there prior, I am not sure Josh Allen is going to get vaccinated.  To have a player blatantly posting on social media that not only is he not going to get vaccinated, but he's flat out not abiding by the protocols the NFL has put in place is a massive problem.  

The fact he doesn't see how stupid is public comments are at this point is crazy to me.  NO ONE, literally NO ONE is forcing him to get a vaccine.  They are requiring to be considerate of the safety to his teammates and staff not only in protecting them from getting COVID, but contributing to them remaining OUT of COVID quaratine/protocols.  We saw a lot of people miss games last year because someone else on their team had been around them after either breaking protocols or testing positive.  Denver played a game with not a single QB dressed.  

For him to be this stupid is shocking.  Given how much he has loved his teammates and playing in Buffalo.  If he doesn't publicly back track this part of his comments, I don't know how Beane keeps him on the team.  And I love Cole on this team, so I really hope he backs off the narcissistic stuff about being rich enough to do what he wants.

I would have never thought for 1 second that Cole would not be on this team in 2021...but if I am Beane, I cant see how I can keep a player who is willfully and boastfully going to break the safety protocols for his own selfish desires and basically say that his teammates, this team, our staff, our pursuit of a Super Bowl, etc don't matter.  The best "ability" is "availability"...and if you have a loose canon jeopardizing not only his availability, but the rest of your rosters, especially Diggs and Allen, then your job is in jeopardy in my book.  

I was trying to say that but you said it better than me

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Oh ho ho, I've been waiting for this one.  First, let me point you to these two posts:  

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There is no State or local mandate at present to take a Covid-19 vaccine, nor is his employer requiring it.  Therefore, this isn't a Constitutional issue at present.

Second, if there were a State or local mandate, the 10th amendment to the constitution has been held to apply:

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”  The constitution does not generally delegate public health authority to the Federal gov't, therefore it is held to lie with State and local governments.

Third, the Supreme Court has ruled in favor of State and local vaccine requirements multiple times.  This highlights some key cases.

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/where-does-the-governments-right-to-require-vaccinations-come-from/

3 hours ago, Capco said:

There is currently no state-mandated compulsory vaccination for COVID, but if there were then he, nor anyone else, has any Constitutional right to refuse absent a genuine medical reason to do so.  American jurisprudence on this topic is over 100 years old and fairly settled. 

Individual liberty is not absolute and is subject to the police power of the state.  Per Justice Harlan:  

"[I]n every well ordered society charged with the duty of conserving the safety of its members the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand"

and...

"Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own [liberty], whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others."

and finally...

"[In] extreme cases [for certain individuals] in a particular condition of . . . health, [the requirement of vaccination would be] cruel and inhuman[e], [in which case, courts would be empowered to interfere in order to] prevent wrong and oppression."

Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905).

Finally, the states that do not allow religious exemptions are:   California, Maine, Mississippi, New York, West Virginia, and Connecticut.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_policy_in_the_United_States

Edited by Capco

2 hours ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Ppl that don’t want the vaccine don’t have to get it.

Their choice doesn’t make your medicine work.  If what you injected in your body works then you’re good.

Okay, so you're just openly ignoring what people are saying? Cool.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Lmfao at this thread. and the same overlords preaching the same crap. despite new, and ever changing, research. Think Freely folks. To each their own. Don't be turning in your neighbors. I support Cole's decision as a free thinking man. Same as I do the other side of the equasion. Think for yourselves.And feel free to discuss it openly. If JA doesn't get the vax, is he any less deserving of a new contract? On to the SuperBowl!

Yeah, No. Josh said they decided as a team to keep their decisions about the vaccine in house and that they wouldn't be talking about it publicly. I didn't hear Josh call the players union names and threaten to retire after saying he refused to follow NFL policy. 

32 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Umm, what? Are you having an adverse reaction to the vaccine? So you equate the babble above as a proof point for whatever point you're trying to make? Sorry, this makes no sense. BTW, towards the end, I wouldn't trust Fauci to make a call on Lake Erie swimming.

Sorry you got confused. As the circumstances change so do the guidelines. IE when it is freezing swimming will kill you but it is safe to swim in the same water when it’s 80 degrees. That sort of flip flop and back tracking is reasonable and wise.   

NY requires vaccines for public school attendance. As an example of mandatory vaccines. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Sorry you got confused. As the circumstances change so do the guidelines. IE when it is freezing swimming will kill you but it is safe to swim in the same water when it’s 80 degrees. That sort of flip flop and back tracking is reasonable and wise.   

NY requires vaccines for public school attendance. As an example of mandatory vaccines. 

Yes but it's already been went over That 43 out of 50 states allow philosophical or religious exemptions which aren't that hard to get

Now I'm not sitting here saying don't get your kids the polio vaccine, I'm not a nutter

I'm just playing devil's advocate that shows a lot of states allow exemptions

• Like (+1) 1