Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

13 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You can't make Allen or Diggs get the vaccine.  The risk of covid is on the list of all of the other risks they assume each and every day.

I never said I can’t make them get the vaccine.  There are two options.  Get the vaccine or follow the unvaccinated protocols. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I never said I can’t make them get the vaccine.  There are two options.  Get the vaccine or follow the unvaccinated protocols. 

why can't a player fight for what they believe to be better or more appropriate protocols?

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

So CP3 got vaccinated and now will miss on a chance to change his legacy because he has Corona.     Woof. 

Kinda makes you understand why some folks like Cole aren’t interested in getting it. 

Riiiiight. Clearly the sports leagues haven’t all been staging much more successful seasons, with vastly less infections, since players began getting vaccinated. Clearly.

You mean to tell me the vaccine isn’t 100% effective, only about 95%?! If only we had known! 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Stop making this about what this is about!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

why can't a player fight for what they believe to be better or more appropriate protocols?

There is a way to do that. You state why you think the current protocols are wrong, the negative effect they have and then you offer an alternative solution that has better outcomes.  And then there's what Cole Beasley did. Which is call names, throw a tantrum, say he's not going to follow the rules and then threaten to quit. 

• Like (+1) 2

This is about whether we care about others and our society. This isn't just a another flu. The deaths speak loudly to that. It takes far more lives than a normal flu. Far more. Lastly, tell it to my neighbor's family in which the husband and father took ill in mid February and who died from covid 6 weeks later. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Only the clueless 

just a lil flu

Right. In your opinion.  

But you’re still in the minority. 

BTW, telling people they are stupid for not agreeing with you is not a convincing argument. 

Keep it up and you’ll be in the minority permanently 

The football Gods are creating another perfect wide right for us. 

Pampered overpaid athletes that we worship way too much, taking painkillers, drugs, pot, occasionally roids, just to stay on the field, play with injuries numbed by some drug they trust from these same drug companies they B word about, suddenly beat their chest about my choice to reasonably try to protect themselves and teammates. 

They are individuals, can chose for sure. But they are not above the rules made for the benefit of the majority. Drive the speed limit or lose your drivers license. Coles choice. But his mouth tells me this is political not belief. If it is belief, quit now, retire now, stfu and let those remaining win a Superbowl.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

This. 

The powers that be state people like, apparently many on our team, can’t even eat with their teammates.   Because an unvaccinated person eating lunch with a vaccinated person will do… what?

Even if they want the performative use of a mask to be around vaccinated people, for zero medical reasoning, fine… I’d just suck it up for my team…. but these league rules are straight up punitive and meant to send a message. 

You seem to be missing the obvious. There's not just one unvaccinated player. It's all the unvaccinated players being restricted from situations that increase the potential to transmit the disease to all of the other unvaccinated payers. 

I wonder if Tommy Sweeney got Covid from a teammate last year who was just as adamant as Beasley about not following the protocols outside the building? 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

Cole is taking a very short sighted and selfish view of the whole situation. When you are in a family sometimes quite often we have to do things we don’t necessarily want to for the betterment of the community (team) as a whole. 
imagine how he will feel if he brings the virus into the locker room. Yeah it’s nice to be macho when your young and healthy and chances are it would not negatively effect him . I thought that too until I got a weird immune system disease that has now relegated me to the use of oxygen . I suggest that Cole sits down with either a Covid victim or a doctor and discuss his stance. He currently shows a tint of selfishness I didn’t know existed since Cole has always been a very big team player.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

Riiiiight. Clearly the sports leagues haven’t all been staging much more successful seasons, with vastly less infections, since players began getting vaccinated. Clearly.

You mean to tell me the vaccine isn’t 100% effective, only about 95%?! If only we had known! 🙄

Players will still test positive, the vaccine lessens severity of symptoms and decreases the chances of getting covid. But vaccinated players are only tested once every two weeks so the likelihood of it impacting games will be lower. That’s why the league wants them to get it.  Non-vaccinated will still be tested every day. 

• Like (+1) 1

We can talk about this without including our own feelings and strictly looking at it from a business standpoint. We are very deep at WR and yes, losing Cole would certainly hurt. That said if the NFLPA doesn't change it's stance on this topic I don't know how we can proceed forward with him on the roster. If you separate all the BS around this topic it really isn't that different than when companies bring in new management. If you don't want to get on board that's your right, but it's also the companies right to then decide if your presence, regardless of talent, could serve as a distraction or impact the whole in a negative way. I certainly think Cole would have a risk of doing so if we did retain him and he refused to comply to the NFLPA guidelines. 

I hope this gets resolved as it Cole seems like a pretty popular guy in the locker room. I respect anybody's stance to take a stance on what they feel is right regardless of how I feel. I think the Bills feel the same, but they don't have the luxury of running a business that way. For the NFLPA to really get serious about amending this they will need some big names to stand up. Quarterbacks, stars, and several of them.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Little Dog said:

What if Josh and Cole take the vaccine shot and die , then what

Wow, great question!  As of June 14th, 310 million doses of vaccine have been given in this country.  The rate of death after vaccination (from any cause) was 0.0017%.

Beasley (and everyone else) already accepts a 1 in 608 lifetime chance of death from crashing his hoopoe while "living free'.

And it's completely absurd to believe this guy is even possibly waiting for "full FDA approval of the vaccine" before he takes it.  LOL, come on!

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You seem to be missing the obvious. There's not just one unvaccinated player. It's all the unvaccinated players being restricted from situations that increase the potential to transmit the disease to all of the other unvaccinated payers. 

If the team is above 85% vaccinated, then they can relax those measures and socially distance the unvaccinated. 

I wonder if Tommy Sweeney got Covid from a teammate last year who was just as adamant as Beasley about not following the protocols outside the building? 

There were tons of players not following protocols outside the building, on all teams, social media made that obvious. Some got fined, I’m sure some slid 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Covid is a new virus in which we haven’t developed any pre-existing immunity to it so people are much more susceptible.

Covid also has more long term effects.

Tommy Sweeney wouldn’t have missed the whole season for the flu.

Corona viruses have been around for years. 

The flu also reduces lung capacity for certain populations.

The point here is that in order to return to normal, we as a people have to find the line of “acceptable” vs “unacceptable.” And preferably that line would be internally consistent.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

There were tons of players not following protocols outside the building, on all teams, social media made that obvious. Some got fined, I’m sure some slid 

Yeah, Bease is vocalizing what went unspoken last season. Not a great position to put the team in. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha (+1) 1