Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

8 hours ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

He won’t miss a game.

Oh, I see. And you know this because you have a list of the punishments that will be given for breaking the league rules, included repeated cases?

He might easily miss a game. He might miss a season. I don't know, of course, but it's without question a possibility.

Hell, he might opt out or just quit. He could easily miss large amounts of time if he tries to play but insists on breaking the rules again and again. 

There's no way to know. One quick example ... what happens if Beasley refuses to eat separately and comes down to eat with the team without wearing a mask. And then another player goes to McDermott and says, "Look, my grandmother lives with us. She has health problems that prevent her from getting vaccinated. I'm vaxxed, but that doesn't absolutely eliminate my chances of catching it. So, what happens if I catch it from Beasley and, while asymptomatic, give it to my grandmother and she dies? Any idea how that would make me feel? Look, what is the team going to do about this? I like Beasley but I don't like him enough to risk possibly killing family members."

And there's no way to know what would happen. But it's not difficult to see that this could be like stepping into a hornet's nest. Millions of unintended consequences, including possible deaths.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Except it’s not in this case… Beasley doesn’t want to follow the NFL protocol or get vaccinated…. ***** doesn’t work that way. 

Feels like some people don’t want to admit Beasleys a ***** idiot…. I mean who cares as long as he’s making plays on the football field? 

Scott and I on the same side. Feels nice!!

Yeah, it's his right to not get vaccinated. But he wants to exercise that right and then refuse the consequences.

What's the old saying, "Consequences happen," I think.

19 minutes ago, BilLions said:

Good for Beasley, for sticking up for what is right. This has all gone way to far thanks to politicians milking a situation for power and sheep following them without question. Very Orwelian and its great to see public figures like Beasley stand up and speak out against this craziness.

Nonsense. Again, I think he's an idiot, but he certainly has the right to say what he wants.

But not to refuse the consequences. I've looked in the Bill of Rights, and the right to refuse the consequences of your actions ... it ain't in there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Just wanted to stop by and say I couldn’t agree more. Cole really let me down with this one. Just completely taking the best chance the Bills and their fans have had in so many years to do/experience something special and completely making it about himself. 

Like you said, you don’t want the shot, fine. But to do this? To add controversy, to completely tear a hole in the fabric of what’s been worked on and worked toward for so many years building a winning culture, and he singlehandedly creates a divide between players and fans? Why? It’s the absolute height of arrogance, not only to not get the shot but to take something special and making it your personal bumper sticker/soapbox moment. Totally disgusted. 

All I’m imagining is the Bills finally winning the super bowl, and players and fans are celebrating something we’ve all wanted for so long. Someone gets up to say we’re going to Disneyland and instead starts an anti vax rant. Awesome. Thanks Cole, it’s not like I haven’t waited over 30 years for this, go ahead make it about you. Cool. 

How do you know this is affecting the Bills organization at all?

Im sure the PR team is reading his tweets like, could you not….

But we already know Josh Allen probably isn’t getting vaccinated.  Gabriel Davis clearly agrees with him.  McKenzie defended him on Twitter.  

There’s zero indication that this is causing a rift.   

Twitter isn’t real life. 

Observation: I think this is the first thread I've seen where every one of the emojis have been used (and multiple times) . . . just a small reflection of the divisive nature of this topic in our society. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 2

Just now, SCBills said:

How do you know this is affecting the Bills organization at all?

Im sure the PR team is reading his tweets like, could you not….

But we already know Josh Allen probably isn’t getting vaccinated.  Gabriel Davis clearly agrees with him.  McKenzie defended him on Twitter.  

There’s zero indication that this is causing a rift.   

Twitter isn’t real life. 

What’s Twitter? Just kidding, I’ve heard of it, but I’ve never even looked at it before. So if I know about this obviously it’s made it to real life. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

What’s Twitter? Just kidding, I’ve heard of it, but I’ve never even looked at it before. So if I know about this obviously it’s made it to real life. 

Yes, because of the blowback on Twitter and discussion here.   He was up to #2 trending nationally yesterday before the NBA Playoffs game 6’s started.  

Twitter is a small, but loud representation of society.   Predominantly left leaning where any vaccination hesitancy from a known person is blown wildly out of proportion.  

If Cole truly retires, or starts pulling stunts leading up to/during the season, then yes - it becomes an organizational problem.  Until then, he’s simply airing his frustrations publicly (bad idea) and we’ll have to hear about it for a couple days before, likely, everyone moves on to something else. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yes, because of the blowback on Twitter and discussion here.   He was up to #2 trending nationally yesterday before the NBA Playoffs game 6’s started.  

Twitter is a small, but loud representation of society.   Predominantly left leaning where any vaccination hesitancy from a known person is blown wildly out of proportion.  

If Cole truly retires, or starts pulling stunts leading up to/during the season, then yes - it becomes an organizational problem.  Until then, he’s simply airing his frustrations publicly (bad idea) and we’ll have to hear about it for a couple days before, likely, everyone moves on to something else. 

Not that I pay attention to Twitter, but I'm not sure I agree with the left-leaning part. From what little I see, it goes both ways.

Other than that, you're right. If he's just blowing off steam this all means nothing. Reasonable to wonder if he's doing more than that, though.

7 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

This thread is one of the best summations of the current state of America you could ask for.  Well done, everyone!  🍻

We've lost friends over not getting it, but we have our reasons (such as natural immunity). There's a lack of respect for autonomy across the board. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Except it’s not in this case… Beasley doesn’t want to follow the NFL protocol or get vaccinated…. ***** doesn’t work that way.

****** works exactly that way. Beasley absolutely has the right to not get vaccinated and not follow NFL protocol. The NFL and team officials absolutely have the right to address his decisions in whatever way they feel is best for the Buffalo Bills and the league. Whatever you or I think about it is irrelevant. It is between him and his employer. He can make his decisions and he will have to deal with the consequences of those decisions. That's how ***** works.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m sure this has been shared somewhere in the thread, but this is what Cole is referring to….  Seems pretty heavy handed, and most likely is intended to force, without forcing, players to get vaccinated.  

With a vaccine, we were all told life could go back to normal.  Yet here we are, with a vaccine, and certain segments of society refuse to relinquish control.  

Still hoping to have this question answered.. Are these protocols permanent?   2022 and beyond?  If not, this is all theater. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is not true either. The US population is only just over 331,000,000 people. There have not been 315,000,000 people who've gotten the first shot, but 315,000,000 total doses administered. 2 shots for the 148,000,000 totally vaccinated accounting for 296,000,000 of the doses. That means another 19,000,000 have gotten the first shot. That makes 167,000,000 who have gotten in line to be vaccinated, which is a shade over 50% of the population. 

H2O, agreed and still getting the sleep out if. My eye as the 315 encapsulates the people that had the two dose and single JNJ dose.  My apologies.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

H2O, agreed and still getting the sleep out if. My eye as the 315 encapsulates the people that had the two dose and single JNJ dose.  My apologies.

Ahhhhh, yes. Forgot the J&J was only 1 so that means my math is wrong as well. This is the current CDC numbers :thumbsup:

Screenshot_20210619-083507__01.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, I see. And you know this because you have a list of the punishments that will be given for breaking the league rules, included repeated cases?

He might easily miss a game. He might miss a season. I don't know, of course, but it's without question a possibility.

Hell, he might opt out or just quit. He could easily miss large amounts of time if he tries to play but insists on breaking the rules again and again. 

There's no way to know. One quick example ... what happens if Beasley refuses to eat separately and comes down to eat with the team without wearing a mask. And then another player goes to McDermott and says, "Look, my grandmother lives with us. She has health problems that prevent her from getting vaccinated. I'm vaxxed, but that doesn't absolutely eliminate my chances of catching it. So, what happens if I catch it from Beasley and, while asymptomatic, give it to my grandmother and she dies? Any idea how that would make me feel? Look, what is the team going to do about this? I like Beasley but I don't like him enough to risk possibly killing family members."

And there's no way to know what would happen. But it's not difficult to see that this could be like stepping into a hornet's nest. Millions of unintended consequences, including possible deaths.

It looks like you’ve already played out all of the possible scenarios in your head. This man is obsessed! Lol.

These folks complained for a year about restrictions and closures and won’t do the one thing that everyone knew they’d have to do to go back to normal. It’s pretty incredible, especially when it’s only for political reasons.

He doesn’t just want his individual freedom. He wants the freedom to kill others and not be held accountable. 

This entitlement and victimhood is so tiring at this juncture. Just get him out of the building. We’re done with this nonsense.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, Beerball said:

No offense intended. Are you living under a rock ?

You think Twitter is representative of real life?  

It’s absolutely not.  A minority percentage of Americans are even on Twitter… even less are active on their Twitter accounts.  

If Twitter was real life, Bernie Sanders would be President and DJT would’ve received like 15% of the National vote.  

• Like (+1) 2