Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 minute ago, Little Dog said:

The only hammer and sickle is take the the shot or lose your job 

That’s not what’s being said.  At all.  Don’t take the vaccine, follow your employer’s protocol.  He can still work…he’s just choosing not to. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

why does his former stance matter when this is a completely different situation

While different in most respects, they are similar in terms of restrictive protocols being put in place and I’m simply wondering if Beasley had the same kind of stance at the time and if he made them public then as well. If so, that might offer insight into how the team responded at the time and how they might currently. I’m not trying to frame an anti-Beasley argument here. Just looking for precedence. 

2 minutes ago, wakingfane said:

I agree with Cole's live or let die attitude,  but he's still an idiot for not taking a free vaccine.  Billions of people would love to be able to just show up at a corner pharmacy and get protected against this deadly virus like so many other diseases.  A majority of the entire US Population has gotten the freaking shot along with dozens of other vaccines. If you're not an idiot then your children get dozens of vaccines before the age of 5 and have been doing so for generations. The people who refuse to do such a simple common sense thing for themselves and their families are wilfully idiotic. It's not a big freaking deal.

Yeah, that's not true as of yet on the majority thing. Yes, we have all gotten vaccines throughout life. Those vaccines have been tried and proven for decades. This one has no real data behind it, it was rushed into existence, and now it's being pushed on the people. This virus, worldwide, has a 97.68% recovery rate for the infected which can easily be found on Worldometers. The gap between death and recovery has been ever widening since April of 2020. This also can be found on Worldometers. On the CDC adverse reactions website they are reporting 5,300+ deaths, but they throw the disclaimer in there of course. You can take that for what it's worth. There have been multiple news reports across the land about kids experiencing heart issues and forming blood clots, kids who were healthy prior to, after vaccination. It is a big freaking deal for many people, for various reasons. Especially if you, family members, or loved ones have gotten extremely sick or died from shots that were supposed to protect you from a virus in the past. Just like the poster talking about his young family member in the hospital who may possibly need a heart transplant after getting the shot. Getting the shot also does NOT prevent you from getting Covid. There's a famous athlete right now, whose name I was told not to mention, who got his 2nd shot in February and now has Covid. There have also been others who contract the virus after getting it. If you're healthy, especially young and healthy, why get the shot? If you're vaccinated, and you believe the shot prevents you from getting it or spreading it, then why worry about the one who's not or their activities in between? I get Cole's stance and I get what he's saying about going through life as normal because I do the same, but I don't have the same viewpoints as to why. If he wants to walk away from the game rather than adhere to NFL "protocols" then he can do that. He's not strapped financially I'm sure. That's his choice whether you agree with the reasonings behind it or not.  

Screenshot_20210619-064929__01.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That is a lie and you know it.

Thanks for calling him out on this. It’s this exact kind of deliberate disinformation that has helped to perpetuate the deep societal divide over this issue. Much appreciated.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

My body, my choice. Respect Bease. 

Lawsuits will be next. 

Wait - does that also mean " My Body, My Choice. Respect WOMEN" ?  asking for a friend....

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, vincec said:

You’d think based on some people’s reaction that vaccines had just been invented instead of being around for over 100 years. Most people get dozens of them over the course of their lives. Apparently this one is an outrage however.

As a Marine, embarking on an extended Mediterranean Sea ‘cruise’, I lost count after 30 or so vaccinations required, given what we’d encounter. The machine looked like a walk-through metal detector and as you stepped in it, 2 vax guns whapped both arms and you exit hold gauze on each arm. 

14 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Time to change my ID.

HEY!😡

• Thank you (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m not turning on him.  I am just really disappointed in him and the others who are taking the anti-vaccination stance.  Because they are believing the optical nonsense thrown around about the vaccine, and vaccines in general, instead of looking at the actual facts.  Here are facts which are getting completely and willfully ignored, and oftentimes deliberately lied about:

1.  Although the vaccines have EUA, that does not mean they have not been studied.  To get EUA the vaccines went through Phase 3 trials with tens of thousands of patients, and those trials showed high effectiveness and limited and non-serious side effects.  Since EUA tens of millions have been vaccinated and again with high effectiveness and limited side effects.  The two notable ones, blood clots with J&J and the myocarditis are extremely rare, and were found out about precisely because of the thorough follow up of all being vaccinated.  I sit on an FDA advisory panel in another area; these panels are serious as a heart attack about data.  And the mRNA vaccines have been now submitted for full FDA approval.

2.  People throw out crap about experimental gene therapy, long term effects because of vaccine additives, etc.  All nonsense.  Messenger RNA does not alter your genes; that is your DNA and the mRNA has no effect on that.  The vaccines are either just mRNA with salts and some fat molecules to help absorption, or with J and J an altered cold virus.  There are no heavy metals, chips, etc.  They do not magnetize you.  They don’t do anything other than help save our life.  And as far as long term effects, mRNA vaccines have been studied for decades, plus historically any adverse reactions to vaccines  long term are extremely rare, and are caught usually within weeks.  If we were going to see severe complications we would have seen them by now.

Hapless nailed this.  Throughout our history the country has banded together and helped each other in times of national crisis.  But because of the idiotic political climate around this we have not done so for Covid.  I want Cole and any other players to get his vaccination because, as a fan, I’m selfish.  This is a team with a real shot at winning it all, and to potentially throw that away because of misplaced opinions pisses me off.  But as a scientist, and member of the human race, I want him to get it because I care for him and all the other non-vaccinated folks out there.  I don’t want to see them die or face a lifetime of complications when it could have been avoided.

The vaccines are not killing people.

OMF:

Thank you for such an informed and thoughtful response, not from Facebook.  I appreciate you’re work on you’re scientific committee reviewing the post marketing clinical data, and expect we will probably have full approval by next year.  Given there have been 315 million first doses given and 148 mil. Fully vaccinated in the US alone, there will be an overwhelming amount of phase 4 clinical data by mid 2022, and the politicization of this issue will be moot.

This was one of the best posts in this thread as it was logical.  Beasely is dug into his position and somehow feels he has to be the voice for the anti vacc. Crowd.  I look at it that from the above paragraph the greater the size and length of time from the population vaccinated, the better and may convince others to choose to do so in the NFL.  In essence he has a choice, but he shouldn’t be able to choose not to do so, and then say by his actions I don’t care for my fellow players who are not vaccinated as I can infect them.  If other players follow the non vacc. Protocols, I see nothing wrong with it as there are consequences for one’s actions.

Anyway, I’m out on this topic.  There is really nothing else to say after reading hundreds of replies.  Maybe we can have a football topic come up to enjoy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Cole,

Do you really, really, really think you live your life the way you want every day? Think about it....... you don't-really! When someone pisses you off at the grocery store do you punch them in the face and always get away with it? Can you drive any speed you want and always get away with it? Does the government always spend your tax dollars the way you want?

Get over you tantrum and decide whether you can suck it and get paid millions to play in the NFL or whether you are going to take on the higher ups at the government and national level. This is your choice in this matter!

Regards,

This Bills fan

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm sure me opinion is redundant at this point, but why not?  i'm someone who was very pro vaccine, and was ready to get it as soon as it was available, but am also someone who doesn't feel you should be forced to put anything in your body you don't want to.  now that that's out of the way, what cole is doing is nothing short of being a man child.  i love him as a bill, but i now question who he is as an adult.  not because he didn't get the vaccine, but because of how he's approaching this situation.

guess what?  for those of you who think covid was no big deal, there are many, many other who feel it is.  i'm sure there are guys on the bills who were wildly uncomfortable about playing, but needed and wanted to for themselves and their families.  they went through the protocol and followed the rules to keep themselves and others around them safe.  how do you think these guys feel when cole spouts off like this?  this constant, "i'm the most important person in the world nonsense" has to stop.  he knows the rules in place right now, (regardless if some feel they're necessary or not) and if he wants to play in the nfl, just follow them.  crying on social media is just such a big B word move.  he's not standing up for beliefs...he just being a giant ***** baby.  

don't want the shot...fine.  at least be respectful that maybe have lost someone to covid, or became very sick themselves.  go ask sweeny how it doesn't have any consequences to young, healthy individuals.  the level on ignorance in this thread is astounding.  

Just wanted to stop by and say I couldn’t agree more. Cole really let me down with this one. Just completely taking the best chance the Bills and their fans have had in so many years to do/experience something special and completely making it about himself. 

Like you said, you don’t want the shot, fine. But to do this? To add controversy, to completely tear a hole in the fabric of what’s been worked on and worked toward for so many years building a winning culture, and he singlehandedly creates a divide between players and fans? Why? It’s the absolute height of arrogance, not only to not get the shot but to take something special and making it your personal bumper sticker/soapbox moment. Totally disgusted. 

All I’m imagining is the Bills finally winning the super bowl, and players and fans are celebrating something we’ve all wanted for so long. Someone gets up to say we’re going to Disneyland and instead starts an anti vax rant. Awesome. Thanks Cole, it’s not like I haven’t waited over 30 years for this, go ahead make it about you. Cool. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Just wanted to stop by and say I couldn’t agree more. Cole really let me down with this one. Just completely taking the best chance the Bills and their fans have had in so many years to do/experience something special and completely making it about himself. 

Like you said, you don’t want the shot, fine. But to do this? To add controversy, to completely tear a hole in the fabric of what’s been worked on and worked toward for so many years building a winning culture, and he singlehandedly creates a divide between players and fans? Why? It’s the absolute height of arrogance, not only to not get the shot but to take something special and making it your personal bumper sticker/soapbox moment. Totally disgusted. 

All I’m imagining is the Bills finally winning the super bowl, and players and fans are celebrating something we’ve all wanted for so long. Someone gets up to say we’re going to Disneyland and instead starts an anti vax rant. Awesome. Thanks Cole, it’s not like I haven’t waited over 30 years for this, go ahead make it about you. Cool. 

For a topic that has gone from education, opinion, to anger, frustration, and absurdity after all the pages, this made me laugh.

WE WIN THE SB!  YEAHHHHHHHHH, but now let me tell you about how evil the Covid Vaccines are for 30 minutes in a post SB press conference.  They need to make that a skit on SNL.  Bring back Will Ferrell for that one.

Thanks for the chuckle.  Now I’m really out.

• Haha (+1) 1

Good for Beasley, for sticking up for what is right. This has all gone way to far thanks to politicians milking a situation for power and sheep following them without question. Very Orwelian and its great to see public figures like Beasley stand up and speak out against this craziness.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BilLions said:

Good for Beasley, for sticking up for what is right. This has all gone way to far thanks to politicians milking a situation for power and sheep following them without question. Very Orwelian and its great to see public figures like Beasley stand up and speak out against this craziness.

Hallelujah! I can't even watch the news anymore. The sheep mentality has reached such heights that I actually think about leaving NY when my kids are in college. Florida had it right the whole time...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Given there have been 315 million first doses given and 148 mil. Fully vaccinated in the US alone, there will be an overwhelming amount of phase 4 clinical data by mid 2022, and the politicization of this issue will be moot. 

This is not true either. The US population is only just over 331,000,000 people. There have not been 315,000,000 people who've gotten the first shot, but 315,000,000 total doses administered. 2 shots for the 148,000,000 totally vaccinated accounting for 296,000,000 of the doses. That means another 19,000,000 have gotten the first shot. That makes 167,000,000 who have gotten in line to be vaccinated, which is a shade over 50% of the population. 

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

wow...we really want to win football games so much we desire  the state becomes the defacto harbinger od truth of any dissent is discouraged? 

As I said, i am huge pro vaxer, i believe 100% in its efficacy..its why i dont give a poop if dude next to me is not vaxed.

Hunh?