Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

3 minutes ago, Reader said:

Is there any way to make that a heading at the top of this thread? I have seen you type out that statement quite a few times now.

I mean, it's in the thread title, it's in the OP, it's in the linked tweet?

If people are blowing by all those keys, I don't see where a mere heading would stop them.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

alot of fan loyalty going on here for a guy whos making personal decisions

I think anyone who uses "personal choice" in the context of this discussion is not understanding the controversy over what Beasley said.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

I can agree with the bolded. 

It can still be highly subjective, sensative, and personal at the same time which makes the pandemic we are facing so complex and challenging IMO.

it certainly is - a vaccine in the microcosm means nothing. It only accomplishes the goal it was created for if enough people get it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, it's in the thread title, it's in the OP, it's in the linked tweet?

If people are blowing by all those keys, I don't see where a mere heading would stop them.

Yeah, I know...I appreciate your patience...or maybe not patience, but tenacity.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There are people for and against getting the vaccine who are perfectly reasonable.  Neither side is objectively correct.  It is a subjective decision people make as individuals about whether or not to get the vaccine.

Let people do their own thing and give them the benefit of the doubt that they might know what is best for them better than you do.

I personally took the vaccine.  I'm over 50 and I work in the ER.  I'm in a high risk environment almost daily.  If someone else chooses against the vaccine, that's their choice.  It has no bearing on me, I'm vaccinated and protected.  

Agree with Cole or disagree with Cole, but it's his choice not to get the vaccine just like it was my choice to get the vaccine.

People need to be civil and not attack someone for coming to a deferent decision about this highly subjective and personal issue.

Completely agree. Clearly this post pandemic era is going to take much longer to resolve then I had anticipated. Including this entire vaccination dilemma. California was like the final state to end masks yet I've been in 2 different markets over the last week and probably 90%+ of people are still wearing masks. 

Just now, ~Kostabi~ said:

takes 2 to tango errr bicker. Posting on twitter seems relatively tame in response to his rhetoric. Now if any Bill especially he come down with covid this and other message boards will burn down you think 40 plus pages is excessive just you wait what would happen then. Nuclear  spontaneous combustion within message board Bills fan. Yikes

Now If Cole gives Josh Covid I'm one pissed off Bills fan... 

Do we believe that allowing the unvaccinated to stray from their hotel room constitutes more or less of a risk to the collective group of players than say..  tacking on an additional 17th game of high speed collisions seemingly for the sole purpose of generating additional revenue from spectators of the aforementioned collisions? 🧐

1 minute ago, Capco said:

Inigo, I've always been a big fan of your posts but I cannot count this to be one of them.  Vaccination is not a highly subjective or personal issue unless you have a genuine medical reason to avoid vaccination. 

Vaccination is a broader public health issue that goes beyond the individual.  

Hey Capco,

I can't think of anything more personal than what you allow someone else to put into your body.

Cole Beasley should have no say in what you choose to put in your body and you should have a say in what Cole puts in his.  Ultimately, that how I see it.

I agree with you that vaccinations are a public health issue, but I don't believe that a public health concern trumps your right as an individual to say what happens to your body.  Remember that in this particular instance, we are talking about a vaccine being used under an emergency use authorization. The usual process to get FDA approval for a vaccine takes over a decade.  I looked at the data as we understand it today, and decided that getting the vaccine was the right choice for me.  It's not my place or the government's place to force this vaccine on someone who doesn't want it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

🍻

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think anyone who uses "personal choice" in the context of this discussion is not understanding the controversy over what Beasley said.

ok explain it cause all i read is what was in the OP. it pretty clearly states that he wants to make a "personal choice" on his health in several different ways and is uncompromised in that choice regardless of what happens career or healthwise.

what did i miss?

ohh is it the fact hes making the decision known to the public? so every celebrity and athlete that takes a "vax selfie" is applauded but this...this deserves "cut the bum".

politics. 🙄

Edited by Buffarukus

52 minutes ago, Capco said:

Inigo, I've always been a big fan of your posts but I cannot count this to be one of them.  Vaccination is not a highly subjective or personal issue unless you have a genuine medical reason to avoid vaccination. 

Vaccination is a broader public health issue that goes beyond the individual.  

43 out of 50 states disagree because you can be exempt from vaccine's in school because personal or religious beliefs

That's a hard majority

Edited by Buffalo716

The best part is, after labelling  his post "Public Service Announcement",  this guy prints out one of the least intelligible screeds ever penned by a pro athlete:

"I'd rather die actually living" (vaccine may interfere with "Beasley-style" livin'?)

"I have family members who's days are numbered" (It's called natural selection, son)

"build up my immunity that way.  Eat better.  Drink water."  (he left out the bleach)

"I'll get to live freely........forever" (yeah, sure...why not?)

Gotta feel and hear the Pegula's collective cringing after seeing this.

Anyone's decision to take the vaccine is a personal one.  But why would this guy demonstrate his wacked out nature with this kind of publication?  Just don't get it if you don't want it. Why let your crazy out?

A real head scratcher.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That 43 out of 50 states will allow exemption from vaccines in school because personal or religious beliefs?

Yes. I want to the the requirements for earning those exemptions. Cuz you don’t get them automatically 

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Yes. I want to the the requirements for earning those exemptions. Cuz you don’t get them automatically 

My link is posted

And it's not hard to get it. You can't get it in New York but it's not hard to get it in the States you can 

It's called philosophical exemption for reason. If it's against your philosophies you can't be forced to take it

Same with religion. Just need to say it's against your religion

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

My link is posted

And it's not hard to get it. You can't get it in New York but it's not hard to get it in the States you can

Heh is New York outside “the States” now? Maybe pick a different team then.

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Heh is New York outside “the States” now? Maybe pick a different team then.

I Said 43 out of 50 

New York state does not allow philosophical or religious exemption. 43 states do

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There are people for and against getting the vaccine who are perfectly reasonable.  Neither side is objectively correct.  It is a subjective decision people make as individuals about whether or not to get the vaccine.

Let people do their own thing and give them the benefit of the doubt that they might know what is best for them better than you do.

I personally took the vaccine.  I'm over 50 and I work in the ER.  I'm in a high risk environment almost daily.  If someone else chooses against the vaccine, that's their choice.  It has no bearing on me, I'm vaccinated and protected.  

Agree with Cole or disagree with Cole, but it's his choice not to get the vaccine just like it was my choice to get the vaccine.

People need to be civil and not attack someone for coming to a deferent decision about this highly subjective and personal issue.

When on Earth did the decision to be vaccinated to help stop the spread of a contagious disease that has killed nearly 600,000 Americans become "subjective" and "personal"?  Back in the days when Dinosaurs roamed the earth and we walked through the snow to school Uphill both ways, there had been a Rubella epidemic.  Rubella is a wuss of a virus - it kills no one - but it causes miscarriages and birth defects in early pregnancy.  Something like 250 out of 100,000 pregnancies were impacted.

We didn't cavil about having to get vaccinated for a non-fatal disease with a low morbidity rate for reasons that weren't likely to impact our 8 year old butts personally, we lined up and rolled up our sleeves in the name of societal benefit, to prevent another baby-killing epidemic.  It was a new vaccine, too. 

When did that idea, of a Civic Duty to act together for the social good, disappear?

The reason epidemiologists talk about vaccinations as a tool to achieve population immunity is because that's one of the key points of vaccination.  It's like winning tug-of-war or blacking out the countryside; it just doesn't work effectively if some of the people on your rope team decide that it's a subjective and personal decision not to pull or if some of the houses decide that there are perfectly reasonable reasons not to put up the blackout curtains.

There have been a number of outbreaks in skilled nursing facilities and care homes where the residents were 90% vaccinated, but the staff only ~50%.  The staff brought the infection in with them and objectively and factually infected the residents they cared for and other staff members (including some who were vaccinated).  People died who didn't need to.

I hope I'm civil, but I can't see vaccination as a "highly subjective" issue that impacts only the person making the decision, especially when someone makes a point that he's gonna go around and live his life and not take actions that could protect vulnerable people.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The best part is, after labelling  his post "Public Service Announcement",  this guy prints out one of the least intelligible screeds ever penned by a pro athlete:

"I'd rather die actually living" (vaccine may interfere with "Beasley-style" livin'?)

"I have family members who's days are numbered" (It's called natural selection, son)

"build up my immunity that way.  Eat better.  Drink water."  (he left out the bleach)

"I'll get to live freely........forever" (yeah, sure...why not?)

Gotta feel and hear the Pegula's collective cringing after seeing this.

Anyone's decision to take the vaccine is a personal one.  But why would this guy demonstrate his wacked out nature with this kind of publication?  Just don't get it if you don't want it. Why let your crazy out?

A real head scratcher.

I need to see what “beasley-style livin” looks like now lol. Probably doesn’t involve too many trips to doctors. 😂

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When on Earth did the decision to be vaccinated to help stop the spread of a contagious disease that has killed nearly 600,000 Americans become "subjective" and "personal"?  Back in the days when Dinosaurs roamed the earth and we walked through the snow to school Uphill both ways, there had been a Rubella epidemic.  Rubella is a wuss of a virus - it kills no one - but it causes miscarriages and birth defects in early pregnancy.  Something like 250 out of 100,000 pregnancies were impacted.

We didn't cavil about having to get vaccinated for a non-fatal disease with a low morbidity rate for reasons that weren't likely to impact our 8 year old butts personally, we lined up and rolled up our sleeves in the name of societal benefit, to prevent another baby-killing epidemic.  It was a new vaccine, too. 

When did that idea, of a Civic Duty to act together for the social good, disappear?

The reason epidemiologists talk about vaccinations as a tool to achieve population immunity is because that's one of the key points of vaccination.  It's like winning tug-of-war or blacking out the countryside; it just doesn't work effectively if some of the people on the rope decide that it's a subjective and personal decision not to pull or if some of the houses decide that there are perfectly reasonable reasons not to put up the blackout curtains.

There have been a number of outbreaks in skilled nursing facilities and care homes where the residents were 90% vaccinated, but the staff only ~50%.  The staff brought the infection in with them and objectively and factually infected the residents they cared for and other staff members (including some who were vaccinated).  People died who didn't need to.

I hope I'm civil, but I can't see vaccination as a "highly subjective" issue that impacts only the person making the decision, especially when someone makes a point that he's gonna go around and live his life and not take actions that could protect vulnerable people.

Framing that too. 

• Like (+1) 1