Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a fair point that there are side effects to the vaccines.  But rational, logical risk assessment involves asking questions like:

-are there side effects to the disease, including mild or asymptomatic cases of the disease?

-The answer is "yes, including in people of Cole Beasley's age group"

-Those side effects include blood clotting, myocarditis, and pulmonary effects

-what is the frequency of the side effects of the disease, relative to the side effects of the vaccine?

-Myocarditis was detected in college athletes diagnosed with covid-19 at 0.3%, or 300 per 100,000

-Myocarditis or pericarditis found in 5 of 789 pro athletes (multiple leagues) + for covid last season (incl. Sweeney).  634 per 100,000

(source: JAMA Cardiology, March issue)

-Myocarditis or pericarditis post-vaccination in 475 people under 30.  At least 3.4 million people in that age group vaccinated (CDC covid vaccine data).  That's an upper bound of 14 out of 100,000

Rational, logical risk assessment: At least 45x higher risk from covid-19 disease than from covid-19 vaccine.

-Similar assessment for blood clots - from Oxford, UK

In 500,000 COVID-19 patients, CVT (cerebral venous thrombosis) occurred in 3.9 out of 100,000 patients

In 480,000 people receiving a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna), CVT occurred in 40 out of 100,000 patients, many under 30 y.o.

Rational, logical risk assessment: At least 10x higher risk of blood clotting from covid-19 disease than from covid-19 vaccine, including in <30

I appreciate your thoughtfulness

What about folks w antibodies?  Many 20 & 30 somethings have already had the disease and have recovered.

Perhaps Cole & other Buffalo Bills got infected after the season.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Tcali said:

Dont forget death. -Its astounding how people have buried their heads in the sand. Not saying that these vaccines are gonna kill everybody.But please I beg the people on here to admit your mistake and stop taking these vaccines.  They are gonna bring out these top-off vaccines which of course will also go untested.And they will cause increasing numbers of deaths among younger groups. 

So a nasty virus which  has killed  a small fraction of the numbers they threw out there and killed a tiny % of young people has turned into this monster of vaccines which actually are killing large numbers of young people.

I hope there are Nuremberg trials for those responsible.

WTF

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If NBA arenas and future football stadiums can go "full capacity" then the NFL needs to drastically relax their protocols. I got vaccinated and believe in the vaccine but I also believe people have a right to refuse. We can't lose our #2 we. Figure it out.....

I mean, that's "up to" the NFL and NFLPA to work out.  It's not just the NFL dictating this stuff, the union that represents the players has had a hand in it, and to my understanding, has been pushing to maintain measures intended to protect players from infection.

I'm sure the NFL wants to run a full schedule of games with no re-scheduling so they want players to be vaccinated to maintain the highest availability.  The NFLPA wants vaccination to be a choice, so "vaxxed" vs "not vaxxed + protocols" was worked out.

If that actually doesn't represent the beliefs of a majority of their membership, it's really "up to" the players to straighten that out.

14 minutes ago, Muppy said:

an excellent post worth your time to read IMO #CZECH54

First off, I will say that I am fully vaxxed and totally pro-vax.

At this point, anyone who wants to get the vaccine has had a fair opportunity. Heck, I have a 12 year old daughter, and she has gotten both shots and waited the 2 weeks as of today.

Honestly, if you don't want to get vaxxed and you get sick or die, I don't care. That was your choice and you are free to make that choice.

There really shouldn't be any more restrictions, because everyone that wants to be protected from Covid has had their chance. Life can resume now. If we lose a few thousand more people, oh well. Just as you are free to not get vaccinated, I should be free to live my life however I want to without restrictions.

I don't care if the virus spreads further amongst those that don't want to get vaccinated. I just don't care.

What I do care about is the Bills winning a ***** Super Bowl. And the best way to do that is with a full squad every week, and not missing games because some player test positive. So I would hope that the players recognize that getting the vaccine is actually the smartest thing for them, their health, and their career, but I also know that these guys aren't on the team because they did well in chemistry.

do you care about auto-immune disease? Thats what the animal testing is supposed to check out. The animal testing which was not done. 

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Tcali said:

Dont forget death. -Its astounding how people have buried their heads in the sand. Not saying that these vaccines are gonna kill everybody.But please I beg the people on here to admit your mistake and stop taking these vaccines.  They are gonna bring out these top-off vaccines which of course will also go untested.And they will cause increasing numbers of deaths among younger groups. 

So a nasty virus which  has killed  a small fraction of the numbers they threw out there and killed a tiny % of young people has turned into this monster of vaccines which actually are killing large numbers of young people.

I hope there are Nuremberg trials for those responsible.

Please get a grip. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, that's "up to" the NFL and NFLPA to work out.  It's not just the NFL dictating this stuff, the union that represents the players has had a hand in it, and to my understanding, has been pushing to maintain measures intended to protect players from infection.

I'm sure the NFL wants to run a full schedule of games with no re-scheduling so they want players to be vaccinated to maintain the highest availability.  The NFLPA wants vaccination to be a choice, so "vaxxed" vs "not vaxxed + protocols" was worked out.

If that actually doesn't represent the beliefs of a majority of their membership, it's really "up to" the players to straighten that out.

Then the NFL and NFLPA better put their heads together and come up with a compromise because I guarantee you there are more players like Cole who feel that way.

3 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

I appreciate your thoughtfulness

What about folks w antibodies?  Many 20 & 30 somethings have already had the disease and have recovered.

Perhaps Cole & other Buffalo Bills got infected after the season.

It's a good question.  You would think it's fair that someone who had a natural infection should be counted as immune and treated as vaccinated.

Here's the problem:

It's been found in several studies that the antibodies from mild natural infection seem to disappear in about 3 months (Spain, Italy).

So far, the antibody response from the vaccine seems to be a bit stronger and more lasting - 6 months and counting.  It's not a surprise - the virus naturally evades and dampens immune response as a survival tool, the vaccine shows your immune system a piece of viral protein and says "go at it!"

That would sound like maybe the immunity from natural infection wears off, so shouldn't be considered immune?

Well, not so fast.  Antibodies are only one part of the adaptive immune response, and there are some studies indicating that T-cell response may be more important.  Both natural infection and the vaccine promote a good T-cell response.

Can't we just check people who have been infected and recovered for T-cell response?  The problem is that T-cell response is lengthy and expensive to measure.

Myself, I encourage people who have tested positive for covid-19 to be vaccinated, as an immunity booster.   But I can also see the logic in counting people who have had a positive Covid-19 PCR test as immune, equivalent to being vaccinated, whether or not they still have antibodies. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tcali said:

do you care about auto-immune disease? Thats what the animal testing is supposed to check out. The animal testing which was not done. 

It's crazy that you will just post a bold falsehood like this and not expect anyone to call you out on it. It took me all of 60 seconds to find and skim an article that directly contradicts you.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-covid-vaccine-animal-idUSL2N2NJ1IK

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Then the NFL and NFLPA better put their heads together and come up with a compromise because I guarantee you there are more players like Cole who feel that way.

There certainly are players that feel his way. The mode of expression is the problem. Yeah publicly embarrassing your union leadership has set whatever Cole’s goal behind this little tirade back about 6-12 months. Powerful people don’t like being called “jokes” in public.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

A removed post on page 6 compared someone to Mussolini, so yeah.

Doing god’s work sir.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, if 40+ pages in under ten hours illustrates anything, it's that Cole Beasley has hard-whacked a hornet's nest.

And, I fear it's going to come around to sting him.

That doesn't even count the hidden posts.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a good question.  You would think it's fair that someone who had a natural infection should be counted as immune and treated as vaccinated.

Here's the problem:

It's been found in several studies that the antibodies from mild natural infection seem to disappear in about 3 months (Spain, Italy).

So far, the antibody response from the vaccine seems to be a bit stronger and more lasting - 6 months and counting.  It's not a surprise - the virus naturally evades and dampens immune response as a survival tool, the vaccine shows your immune system a piece of viral protein and says "go at it!"

That would sound like maybe the immunity from natural infection wears off, so shouldn't be considered immune?

Well, not so fast.  Antibodies are only one part of the adaptive immune response, and there are some studies indicating that T-cell response may be more important.  Both natural infection and the vaccine promote a good T-cell response.

Can't we just check people who have been infected and recovered for T-cell response?  The problem is that T-cell response is lengthy and expensive to measure.

Myself, I encourage people who have tested positive for covid-19 to be vaccinated, as an immunity booster.   But I can also see the logic in counting people who have had a positive Covid-19 PCR test as immune, equivalent to being vaccinated, whether or not they still have antibodies. 

it can also just be said that consensus has not yet been formed in this area. It may well be the case. It may also have caveats.

44 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

See this is what types do: list the risks (or, lol “side effects” are you serious) of one option without any comparison to the risks of the alternative. As if they don’t even exist. 

If you’re defining extremely rare complications as “side effects” you’re showing your self for what you are: not interested in facts.

I don't see the problem calling "extremely rare complications" "side effects".  Technically to the FDA/CDC theyre  "reactions" or "adverse events", but everyone understands what "side effects" means.

It's a valid point that people do tend to remember and focus on the risks they've heard about most recently, and not ask "ok, well, what are the known risks and frequency of them with the disease?"

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

it can also just be said that consensus has not yet been formed in this area. It may well be the case. It may also have caveats.

Consensus in which area?  Sorry, as a response to my post, this is ambiguous to me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't see the problem calling "extremely rare complications" "side effects".  Technically to the FDA/CDC theyre  "reactions" or "adverse events", but everyone understands what "side effects" means.

It's a valid point that people do tend to remember and focus on the risks they've heard about most recently, and not ask "ok, well, what are the known risks and frequency of them with the disease?"

Consensus in which area?  Sorry, as a response to my post, this is ambiguous to me.

The level of protection a previous infection gives. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tcali said:

My goodness.

Everything you write is wrong.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41577-020-0377-3

https://www.massdevice.com/moderna-touts-preclinical-study-results-for-covid-19-vaccine-candidate/

https://utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/assets/moderna-review.pdf

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

i get it but the connotation of side effect to a layman is very different given the rates of those complications.

1 minute ago, pennstate10 said:

i can taste your exasperation with this guy. I feel the same way.

• Like (+1) 2