Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

7 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

🥃🥃🥃🥃⛷️⛷️⛷️⛷️⛷️⛷️🍆🍆⛷️:w00t::pirate::death:🤣

Go drinking, then skiing, then....penis...then skiing again, then go crazy, turn into a pirate, stab yourself in the head, and laugh about it.

Welp, good thing we didn't have Twitter back then.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Doubling down I see. Have at it then we’re all sheep for listening to people who devote their careers to studying what we’re talking about. 

Not all the ppl who have devoted their careers to science believe that the vaccine is for everyone.

There are side effects:

Blood clotting

Myocarditis 

In healthy 20 & 30 somethings.

Which category Cole just happens to fall in… Gee I wonder why he might be vaccine hesitant.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Not all the ppl who have devoted their careers to science believe that the vaccine is for everyone.

There are side effects:

Blood clotting

Myocarditis 

Which category Cole just happens to fall in… Gee I wonder why he might be vaccine hesitant.

See this is what types do: list the risks (or, lol “side effects” are you serious) of one option without any comparison to the risks of the alternative. As if they don’t even exist. 

If you’re defining extremely rare complications as “side effects” you’re showing your self for what you are: not interested in facts.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I do not understand the rationale of players like Beasley choosing not to get vaccinated.  It runs counter to medical science  and concern for the good of the community.  There are so many good reasons to get vaccinated and the reasons most people have for not getting vaccinated seem cockeyed to say the least.  As some have stated, yes, he has a right to not get the shot, but conversely, the league and society has the right to protect themselves from persons who choose to remain unvaccinated.  I'll be sorry if the team has to move on from him (not that they would cut him, but he could exercise his option to retire) because he's a good slot receiver, but unfortunate things happen occasionally.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

See this is what types do: list the risks (or, lol “side effects” are you serious) of one option without any comparison to the risks of the alternative. As if they don’t even exist. 

Yeah.  Weighing risks.  So dumb.  

No one has ever done that before!

Cole went rogue!

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah. You don’t know me so going around calling strangers on the internet sheep is your problem, not mine. I got vaccinated so I could continue working. 

Generally speaking humanity evolves, becomes more knowledgeable over time in my humble opinion. We ask more questions and become more diverse in our answers and the direction we may take because of it. So while this may seem insulting to you 40 years ago, Its a compliment to you now.

( also fully vaccinated )

Edited by Figster

4 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Yeah.  Weighing risks.  So dumb.  

No one has ever done that before!

Cole went rogue!

He certainly did. A created a completely avoidable problem for the team. Gold star for Cole.

48 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Agreed. You laid it out well. Im not anti vax. But I was forcibly  shot up with every vax under the sun while I was in the Marines. 6 doses of anthrax vax and I see that there's a lot of va claims for long term effects from that. I was forced once. This time I'll pass on something I dont feel is a big risk to myself 

Anthrax Vaccine: Side Effects, Uses, and What to Know (healthline.com)

"The Department of Defense began a mandatory anthrax vaccination program in 1998. The aim of this program was to protect troops against potential exposure to anthrax bacteria used as a biological weapon.

Concerns developed in the military community regarding potential long-term health effects of the anthrax vaccine, particularly on Gulf War veterans. So far, researchers have found no association between the anthrax vaccine and long-term illness."

• Like (+1) 1

an excellent post worth your time to read IMO #CZECH54

First off, I will say that I am fully vaxxed and totally pro-vax.

At this point, anyone who wants to get the vaccine has had a fair opportunity. Heck, I have a 12 year old daughter, and she has gotten both shots and waited the 2 weeks as of today.

Honestly, if you don't want to get vaxxed and you get sick or die, I don't care. That was your choice and you are free to make that choice.

There really shouldn't be any more restrictions, because everyone that wants to be protected from Covid has had their chance. Life can resume now. If we lose a few thousand more people, oh well. Just as you are free to not get vaccinated, I should be free to live my life however I want to without restrictions.

I don't care if the virus spreads further amongst those that don't want to get vaccinated. I just don't care.

What I do care about is the Bills winning a ***** Super Bowl. And the best way to do that is with a full squad every week, and not missing games because some player test positive. So I would hope that the players recognize that getting the vaccine is actually the smartest thing for them, their health, and their career, but I also know that these guys aren't on the team because they did well in chemistry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

My favorite part about the “you’re all sheep” people is the hilariously corny clothing and memes about how they’re lions. 

Funniest reply ever. For multiple reasons

EDIT: good reasons

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m completely understanding the point.

Hes being emotional and he’s being stubborn. 

Im not going to sit here and scream “release his ass he’s going to bring the team down” because that’s also a dumb take, IMO.

You give it time and let him calm down and come to his senses. You don’t just release a gigantic part of your offense…. Not at this point at least. 

he threw a mini-tantrum on Twitter about a month ago (in which he said that (a) he's not an anti-vaxxer....ok; and (b) he was done with Twitter for a year), and then followed that up with this masterpiece.  He's going to be a distraction, and I can't imagine that Beane and McDermott are happy with Beasley's social media outbursts 

• Like (+1) 3

If NBA arenas and future football stadiums can go "full capacity" then the NFL needs to drastically relax their protocols. I got vaccinated and believe in the vaccine but I also believe people have a right to refuse. We can't lose our #2 WR. Figure it out.....

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

hmm, a surgery that is proven to work..vs a an mRNA vaccine that has never been used in any situation...yep...good comparison.

I mean WTH, thalidomide was a good choice too!

https://helix.northwestern.edu/article/thalidomide-tragedy-lessons-drug-safety-and-regulation

"Now, drug approval can take between eight and twelve years, involving animal testing and tightly regulated human clinical trials"

The surgery is "proven to work..."

I don't disagree.

My guess is he was put under anasthesia... have you cross referenced negative long term side effects  or death of anasthesia vs negative or long term side effects or death or the Covid vaccine?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

There are side effects:

Blood clotting

Myocarditis 

It's a fair point that there are side effects to the vaccines.  But rational, logical risk assessment involves asking questions like:

-are there side effects to the disease, including mild or asymptomatic cases of the disease?

-The answer is "yes, including in people of Cole Beasley's age group"

-Those side effects include blood clotting, myocarditis, and pulmonary effects

-what is the frequency of the side effects of the disease, relative to the side effects of the vaccine?

-Myocarditis was detected in college athletes diagnosed with covid-19 at 0.3%, or 300 per 100,000

-Myocarditis or pericarditis found in 5 of 789 pro athletes (multiple leagues) + for covid last season (incl. Sweeney).  634 per 100,000

(source: JAMA Cardiology, March issue)

-Myocarditis or pericarditis post-vaccination in 475 people under 30.  At least 3.4 million people in that age group vaccinated (CDC covid vaccine data).  That's an upper bound of 14 out of 100,000

Rational, logical risk assessment: At least 45x higher risk from covid-19 disease than from covid-19 vaccine.

-Similar assessment for blood clots - from Oxford, UK

In 500,000 COVID-19 patients, CVT (cerebral venous thrombosis) occurred in 3.9 out of 100,000 patients

In 480,000 people receiving a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna), CVT occurred in 40 out of 100,000 patients, many under 30 y.o.

Rational, logical risk assessment: At least 10x higher risk of blood clotting from covid-19 disease than from covid-19 vaccine, including in <30

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Anthrax Vaccine: Side Effects, Uses, and What to Know (healthline.com)

"The Department of Defense began a mandatory anthrax vaccination program in 1998. The aim of this program was to protect troops against potential exposure to anthrax bacteria used as a biological weapon.

Concerns developed in the military community regarding potential long-term health effects of the anthrax vaccine, particularly on Gulf War veterans. So far, researchers have found no association between the anthrax vaccine and long-term illness."

Okay so, that's cool that researchers have found no link, but I've had my ass in the grass, in way more ways than just a vaxxine. Theres still a ton of lawyers going after anthrax effects so i dunno.I did it once. Dont tell me how I should live my life.

Edited by Bferra13