Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 minute ago, 716er said:

Ditto - and reports a couple of weeks age were they were not there yet. Tides are turning and the conspiracy theorists are not happy.

That the team should keep it in house? Yeah - i think he does believe that

again, it goes back to team and wins and losses for you...to him it , apparently, it is a matter of much more import. but damn Cole, win me some games!

32 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Again ,please stop the gaslighting. 

I'm fine with him being vaxxed or unvaxxed, I'm fine with publicly expressing his beliefs and opinions. 

The problem is that he is saying that he will not adhere to the protocols of being unvaccinated. If he had said, "I have doubts about the vaccine and don't agree with the protocol so I am availing myself of one of my options which is to retire from the NFL" then all the power to him. He's saying he intends to break the rules which is going to have consequences for the whole team. 

As for your BS, "he's a human!"... why is it ok for him to disrespect the health safety of any other player who may choose not to get the vaccine and put them at risk by violating the protocols? They're humans too. 

I wonder what the argument would be I Cole kneeled during the Anthem....

• Like (+1) 1

He's using the same BS logic that so many people did about wearing a mask when it was required to do so.  "If you don't want to be near me while I ignore the rules and risk spreading a deadly disease, then don't go to the store/bank/whatever."  This is complete BS.  Public health rules are in place for a reason.  People who follow the rules should be able to live safely.  People ignoring the mask requirements, and refusing to get vaccinated, just to prove they can tell everyone else to stuff it, are a menace to society.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do tell.  What is it?  What was involved in the EUA for these vaccines and how that differs from a BLA? 

I know pretty exactly, as it happens, because that was my lane. 

I'm also pretty sure that the overwhelming majority of people who glibly trot that phrase out have no idea, but are just parroting something they heard on a talk show - without any details, of course, it just SOUNDS so alarming.

so do tell...what is the difference?  I am a pro vaxer, always have been . Seems to me reasonable people can have differing opinions on things the FDA does, and van have differing opinions on what the settled " science" infers.

See the lab leak theory , and the Alzheimer drug controversy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/17/fda-aducanumab-alzheimers-drug-approval-erodes-confidence/

But damn, bury Cole , and put  away any questions of the efficacy and honesty of our FDA...

\

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

B.c Cole’s taking one for the team.  Josh can’t be the guy that flips a bird to the system.  That’s what Beaser is for.

Taking one against the team. If you can't play because of a political decision to break league rules, that's not acting in the team's best interests. It's prioritizing your own.

I'm hoping he's blowing off steam. Seems to be most of what social media is for. I like the way Beasley plays. 

But if they have to go on without him, that's what they'll have to do.

21 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

or, just maybe, he believes in what he has stated. I know, crazy, but sometimes people have the courage of their convictions.

Yup. I think it's possible he totally believes in this.

And plenty of people have the courage of their convictions.

The problem being that that can include people from everywhere along the spectrum, Christians, pacifists like Desmond Doss, people who believe in the core values of democracy, people who believe in a moral code and so on, but on top of that it also includes flat-earthers, people who believe that the voice in their head telling them to kill a pop star makes sense, 911 truthers, the guys who wear tin foil hats to protect them from the real-life alien brain rays ...

Having the courage of convictions isn't necessarily good for a person or for a society. Or a team.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hes one of 60M people in the USA who have not gotten vaccinated...who gives a F#ck.  His choice and he has to deal with the outcome...whether that be missing games, getting sick or dealing with protocols. That's his choice.  Anyone who questions that is being entitled and is pretty self important.  I'm vaccinated but have no problem if it's not for everyone.  I'm straight but have no issue with anyone who isn't.  I'm white and have no issue with anyone who's not...so why should I care if someone doesn't get a vaccine?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On that last, I guess we'll find out, but I've never managed a successful team of people where someone had that viewpoint and was allowed to get away with it. 

On the former, what is someone forcing Beasley to do with his health?  He doesn't have to get vaccinated.  The problem he's having is that he doesn't want to get vaccinated, AND he doesn't want to follow the rules for not being vaccinated.

He recognizes there shouldn't be those rules...if this were Josh Allen taking a stand I wonder how many people would still be saying "Next man up" and "Cut his ass":lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do tell.  What is it?  What was involved in the EUA for these vaccines and how that differs from a BLA? 

I know pretty exactly, as it happens, because that was my lane. 

I'm also pretty sure that the overwhelming majority of people who glibly trot that phrase out have no idea, but are just parroting something they heard on a talk show - without any details, of course, it just SOUNDS so alarming.

I think part of the problem is when you get the vaccine is stated it is unapproved and the fact that it was turned around in a very short timeframe makes people concerned as they question if it was tested enough .. but as of now our population has in a sense tested them and there have been very little in the way of side effects. I am fine if people get the vaccine and fine if they don’t. If someone gets very sick from COVID and they didn’t get the vaccine that is on them .. but let them live or die for that matter as they choose. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

What if they already have had covid?  Their acquired immunity is every bit as potent as what they would get from the vaccines.

That's probably not true.  The reason is that most viruses have strategies to evade and suppress the immune system, and as we learn more about SARS-CoV2 we learn that it seems trickier than most in this regard.   The vaccine, on the other hand, just shows your immune system the spike protein and says "sic 'em".

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

So you are ok with unknown side effects and potential long term damage it may or may not do?

Good for you, I'm not and I won't fault anyone else who isnt.

Are you talking of the vaccine, or of the SARs-Cov2 virus here?

There's "recency bias".   People have been hearing a lot about the vaccine lately, and forget that:

1) This virus is new, too

2) We have no idea of what potential long term damage a natural viral infection with this virus may cause

More data accumulates regularly about long-term side effects from asymptomatic and mild viral infections.

It's not to say there aren't vaccine side effects, there are. 

Overall, historically, the number and scope of long term effects from natural virus infections are much larger - and new effects from viral diseases that have been known for decades, like measles, are learnt on a regular basis. 

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's a personal choice.  Every adult has the option to protect themselves by getting vaccinated.  What Beasley does or doesn't do won't impact those that get the vaccine.

I learnt upthread that it's an ineffective vaccine because it's only 80 or 85% effective <sarcasm>.  🙄 That means 15 or 20% of those who get vaccinated still can get infected.  That means unvaccinated can, in fact, impact those who get the vaccine.  Less often, but still.

And no, not every adult can protect themselves by getting vaccinated.  Some medical conditions and treatments make it inadviseable.  Rare, but still.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Having the courage of convictions isn't necessarily good for a person or for a society.

wow...we really want to win football games so much we desire  the state becomes the defacto harbinger od truth of any dissent is discouraged? 

As I said, i am huge pro vaxer, i believe 100% in its efficacy..its why i dont give a poop if dude next to me is not vaxed.

• Haha (+1) 1

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-receiver-cole-beasley-says-hes-spoken-with-nflpa-regarding-new-covid-19-protocols/article_1b37a5a0-cfd2-11eb-aca8-8fc42a64e7ad.amp.html

"everybody is so all in on science now more than I have ever seen. What happen (sic) to God's will?"

A follower pointed out that vaccinations are a choice, but asked if Beasley would let a doctor repair an injury were he to get hurt. For example, the receiver underwent core-muscle surgery in 2019. 

"Depends on the injury," Beasley responded. "When I get sick, I naturally get better. If I don't, then it was my time. Nobody is gonna be here forever."

Jesus... I'm sorry I started reading some of what he’s been saying. :doh:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-receiver-cole-beasley-says-hes-spoken-with-nflpa-regarding-new-covid-19-protocols/article_1b37a5a0-cfd2-11eb-aca8-8fc42a64e7ad.amp.html

"everybody is so all in on science now more than I have ever seen. What happen (sic) to God's will?"

A follower pointed out that vaccinations are a choice, but asked if Beasley would let a doctor repair an injury were he to get hurt. For example, the receiver underwent core-muscle surgery in 2019. 

"Depends on the injury," Beasley responded. "When I get sick, I naturally get better. If I don't, then it was my time. Nobody is gonna be here forever."

Jesus... I'm sorry I started reading some of what he’s been saying. :doh:

Sounds like he is trolling.

14 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Hes one of 60M people in the USA who have not gotten vaccinated...who gives a F#ck.  His choice and he has to deal with the outcome...whether that be missing games, getting sick or dealing with protocols. That's his choice.  Anyone who questions that is being entitled and is pretty self important.  I'm vaccinated but have no problem if it's not for everyone.  I'm straight but have no issue with anyone who isn't.  I'm white and have no issue with anyone who's not...so why should I care if someone doesn't get a vaccine?

I genuinely don't understand sentiments like this.

When you were a child, did your parents make a fuss about getting your vaccinations?  Was it such a big matter of "choice" then?  

Do you have children of your own?  If so, have you gotten them vaccinated?  

The only people being entitled and self-important are those who chose not to get vaccinated, since getting vaccinated isn't just for themselves but also for the sake of the community.  

Can you imagine the Greatest Generation putting up a big stink about getting the polio vaccine for their kids in the 50s?  I just can't wrap my mind around it.  

Edited by Capco
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1

42 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

The dude is doing what he thinks is best for him and his family not to have an experiment injected into him. You or no one has no clue what these vaccines will do to you in the next few years because in the situation there was hardly any studies done because something worked in the moment. People are the guinea pigs in this scenario for the foreseeable future. Did you question his selfishness when he was basically playing on a broke leg in the playoffs? I doubt you did so I wouldn’t call him that because he is far from it. He gave up his body for this team and the fans so the least anyone can do is show some respect for a man that made his decision that involves his body. At the end of the day his decision does not effect your well-being. 

You've got quite a bit wrong here.  Let's review.

"The dude is doing what he thinks is best for him and his family not to have an experiment injected into him."

This isnt an experiment.  Phase 1, 2, and 3 trials are experiments (clinical trials might be a nicer word, but its the same).  All Covid vaccines authorized for use in the US have gone through phase 1/2/3 trials.

"You or no one has no clue what these vaccines will do to you in the next few years because in the situation there was hardly any studies done because something worked in the moment."

Nope, wrong again.  Well, only mostly wrong.  It is true that no one can predict the future, so you're right there.  But 200+ years of history tells us that all known vaccine side effects become apparent within 6-8 weeks.  "Hardly any studies".  Nope.  The studies that led to authorization included 30K people for each vaccine.

"At the end of the day his decision does not effect your well-being."  Yeah, actually it does.  Everyone who is not vaccinated becomes a reservoir for coronavirus infections, and the pandemic, to persist.  And this reservoir allows for more chances for mutation, more chances for a more virulent, nasty virus to emerge.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

Just now, Capco said:

I genuinely don't understand sentiments like this.

When you were a child, did your parents make a fuss about getting your vaccinations?  Was it such a big matter of "choice" then?  

Do you have children of your own?  If so, have you gotten them vaccinated?  

The only people being entitled and self-important are those who chose not to get vaccinated for the sake of the community, not just the individuals receiving the vaccines.  

Can you imagine the Greatest Generation putting up a big stink about getting the polio vaccine for their kids in the 50s?  I just can't wrap my mind around it.  

And the first polio vaccine sometimes gave you polio.

• Haha (+1) 1