Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

The selfishness of Cole's anti-vax stance and Twitter rants is pretty evident anyway, but the degree to which he is now making himself a distraction and putting himself above the team just adds to it. 

sucks the worst GIF

The dude is doing what he thinks is best for him and his family not to have an experiment injected into him. You or no one has no clue what these vaccines will do to you in the next few years because in the situation there was hardly any studies done because something worked in the moment. People are the guinea pigs in this scenario for the foreseeable future. Did you question his selfishness when he was basically playing on a broke leg in the playoffs? I doubt you did so I wouldn’t call him that because he is far from it. He gave up his body for this team and the fans so the least anyone can do is show some respect for a man that made his decision that involves his body. At the end of the day his decision does not effect your well-being. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're not even trying anymore. 

Josh Allen is not vaccinated.

Cole Beasely is not vaccinated.

Josh Allen follows the protocols.

Cole Beasely does not follow the protocols. 

Why should Josh Allen be exposed to increased risk so that Cole Beasely can "really live"? Beasely has an option to live free. He doesn't like it so he wants everything to change to suit himself. 

Because JA doesn’t give a shiz… which is why he doesn’t have the vaccine.

He. Ain’t. Scared.

2 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Because JA doesn’t give a shiz… which is why he doesn’t have the vaccine.

He. Ain’t. Scared.

then why's he wearing a mask and following all of the protocols?

Edited by jeremy2020

I’m hoping the ultimate goal is to pressure the NFL to reconsider their protocols as cases should continue to go down over the next month.  These unvaccinated players can then benefit from the small sacrifice that others have made in getting vaccinated.  

If that’s the case I just wish Beasley wasn’t the player to spearhead this movement as it  makes the Bills look like a dysfunctional franchise again that seemed to have stabilized since McBeane took over.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

This is incorrect, unless you are including people who aren’t eligible to get vaccinated.

4FF17A64-6F3F-46F6-875D-24806EC3815A.jpeg

Touché. Still I don’t trust any statistic being released by the government currently. Haha.  Seems like much less down in Southern California but I suppose it’s just the circles I run with. 

12 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Yea not really so much for an experimental vaccine. I trust it but let’s still be real about what it really is.

Do tell.  What is it?  What was involved in the EUA for these vaccines and how that differs from a BLA? 

I know pretty exactly, as it happens, because that was my lane. 

I'm also pretty sure that the overwhelming majority of people who glibly trot that phrase out have no idea, but are just parroting something they heard on a talk show - without any details, of course, it just SOUNDS so alarming.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Fred Slacks said:

Someone else misspoke by saying the majority of Americans are vaccinated. Maybe the majority of players are. But Americans aren’t getting vaccinated. That’s why the government is bribing us to get vaccinated to get to the threshold they think is safe. They are offering free beer, donuts, and in California are even doing a cash lottery.   

the reality is the dynamic is changing rapidly now. The next couple months I think will change as well. There’s a pot of people who don’t want to be told what to do. Unfortunately there’s no way to have this conversation without it getting political. I do believe there’s a lot of players that lean to not being vaccinated. I mean these guys are regulated on what hey are allowed to consume as a multi vitamin. Now they’re being told they need to take a vaccine which still hasn’t been FDA approved. So I can see there position. 

it’s just unprecedented what has occurred and what will be the outcome of how we as a world reacted. It will be interesting to see how things go though. I mean lots of states are opening up completely now. So I wonder how the dynamic come season beginning changes if at all. This whole thing may be moot come September. Not saying it will but the last year he moved along slow and these last couple months have swung significantly in a different direction. So at least I remain hopeful that the politics are gone and this continues to progress positively. 

they won’t cut Cole until they absolutely have to. Cap hit will probably play into it as well. 

64% of adults have received at least 1 dose of the vaccine. Your statement is incorrect

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jlgarsh said:

64% of adults have received at least 1 dose of the vaccine. Your statement is incorrect

Are you getting that statistic from the same department who said the virus didn’t originate in a lab in Wuhan?  

jk.

This thread is a fun read. I’m enjoying this. 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

The dude is doing what he thinks is best for him and his family not to have an experiment injected into him. You or no one has no clue what these vaccines will do to you in the next few years because in the situation there was hardly any studies done because something worked in the moment. People are the guinea pigs in this scenario for the foreseeable future. Did you question his selfishness when he was basically playing on a broke leg in the playoffs? I doubt you did so I wouldn’t call him that because he is far from it. He gave up his body for this team and the fans so the least anyone can do is show some respect for a man that made his decision that involves his body. At the end of the day his decision does not effect your well-being. 

He gets to make his decision. Good for him! I love that he has options and has made enough money that he doesn’t have to sell out. Very few people have a problem with that. 

I don’t like that he went public about it when the team agreed to keep it in-house. He went public and created a distraction that is not in the best interest of the TEAM. 

I hope they find a middle ground between now and the season, but we will move on without him if need be. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

For players to be cleared two weeks post vax they need to be vaxxed this week to be ready by training camp.

Cole could be lashing out because those teammates he thought were on his side regarding vax are starting to get vaccinated for the sake of the team.

Just an opinion 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, GLP said:

He's a crybaby who should just man-up and get vaccinated. I've been vaccinated (2 shots) it's NO big deal. If he doesn't want to abide by the NFL rules then he should retire NOW so we have time to find a replacement for an idiot WR!

A tad harsh- his choice not to get vaccinated. He certainly did not help himself by spouting off on social media. The smart play would have been to retire if your convictions are that strong.

For what it is worth, there is a significant amount of people residing in this country that do not want the vaccine- roughly 30 percent will not get shot number 1 in the arm for a myriad of reasons- tolerance is key.

Well, the good thing is there is still plenty of time before they play a meaningful game. Hopefully his perspective changes. I really hope he can play and has fully recovered.

Bills need to have a hospital doctor speak to the team explaining the impacts of the virus on people. Not sure that would help though, but it may provide them some perspective. While we don’t know the long term impacts of the vaccine, it is well known that many viruses can also have long term impacts on health. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 716er said:

For players to be cleared two weeks post vax they need to be vaxxed this week to be ready by training camp.

Cole could be lashing out because those teammates he thought were on his side regarding vax are starting to get vaccinated for the sake of the team.

Just an opinion 

I read somewhere the Bills were over 50% already. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 716er said:

Just an opinion 

or, just maybe, he believes in what he has stated. I know, crazy, but sometimes people have the courage of their convictions.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I read somewhere the Bills were over 50% already. 

Ditto - and reports a couple of weeks age were they were not there yet. Tides are turning and the conspiracy theorists are not happy.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

or, just maybe, he believes in what he has stated. I know, crazy, but sometimes people have the courage of their convictions.

That the team should keep it in house? Yeah - i think he does believe that

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

If this is satire, it's truly genius. 

So Josh didn’t get the vaccine - your words.

And he’s following protocols bc he’s worried about contracting covid - your words.

These things don’t jive with ppl who live in Truth.  Ppl like you… I guess it does.