Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

dude, i am really trying to understand your points...can articulate  them in clear language?

No one can articulate them clear enough for you. Unfortunate, but our schools are underfunded and teachers treated like crap. 

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.jpg

I suspect you have that problem a lot which is why you have the beliefs that you do. 

What beliefs are that?  As a 60+ year old I got vaccinated.  And yes I'm a retired scientist.  For what it's worth I worked on an anti-AIDS drug in the early 1990's. 

As far as the covid goes we are staring to get a clearer picture of it's etiology.  Many of the assumptions made in March/April 2020 have turned out to be incomplete or flat out wrong.  BTW, those are not my beliefs but what the aggregate data indicates.

This is gonna turn into a big, dumb, unnecessary distraction for the Bills.

The worst part is that there's not an easy answer, because simply cutting him likely won't sit will with many Bills players. Beasley seems to be quite popular in the locker room.

From a pure football standpoint...his loss would hurt, sure, but there are other WRs willing and able to step up. McKenzie, in particular, seems ready for the moment. Because of what I mentioned above, though, it's not that simple.

I don't love reading that teams like the Dolphins and Broncos are close to the 85% threshold, while the Bills have become the poster boys for the "anti-vax athletes" movement. So gross.

The selfishness of Cole's anti-vax stance and Twitter rants is pretty evident anyway, but the degree to which he is now making himself a distraction and putting himself above the team just adds to it. 

sucks the worst GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

What beliefs are that?  As a 60+ year old I got vaccinated.  And yes I'm a retired scientist.  For what it's worth I worked on an anti-AIDS drug in the early 1990's. 

As far as the covid goes we are staring to get a clearer picture of it's etiology.  Many of the assumptions made in March/April 2020 have turned out to be incomplete or flat out wrong.  BTW, those are not my beliefs but what the aggregate data indicates.

You couldn't figure out how a double quote on a message board works so color me skeptical..

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

It's not crazy at all IMO.  We're all free to say and think what we want, but we should all also know that others will react how they choose to what we say.  That's how freedom of speech works.  Its protected under the law but not from the court of public opinion.  It's always been this way and likely always will be.

The court of public opinion has also never been "product" until recently. The ripples of this dislocation are deep, and widely misunderstood.

Just now, Governor said:

I don’t think our star QB should be hanging out with derelicts. He’s a bad egg. McBeane should step in and protect the city’s investments and reputation. This is a major embarrassment to our great city.

you do realize your star QB was wearing a mask outdoors last night...should the star QB be cut as well?

I hope he can abide by protocol guidelines while fighting for his stance and view. I hope that fight is done in a way that does not overshadow his responsibility to the Bills' success as well as feel he is being heard by the league.

With that said, he may not be able to have both. If so, let's keep the pulse on a potential younger and cheaper slot receiver as well as any possible savings on that #2 or depth corner.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

you do realize your star QB was wearing a mask outdoors last night...should the star QB be cut as well?

He should be cut for following protocols? Are you ok?

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

No one can articulate them clear enough for you. Unfortunate, but our schools are underfunded and teachers treated like crap. 

maybe its me, maybe its the prodigious amount of alcohol you drank tonight...but WTF?

Guess this is pointless

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Cole is a victim and he’s been terribly oppressed. The city should liberate him back to Texas.

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

He should be cut for following protocols? Are you ok?

accroding to most, he should be cut cause he is not vaccinated...and apparently has no desire to ever be!

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Cole is a victim and he’s been terribly oppressed. The city should liberate him back to Texas.

this is a terribly nuanced response..thank you!

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

accroding to most, he should be cut cause he is not vaccinated...and apparently has no desire to ever be!

No, that's not the case at all. That's some desperate ploy you're clinging to and it's wrong. Please stop trying to gaslight. You're not good at it.

1) Vaccinated people still wear masks. For example, where I live in Texas, you can't go to the grocery store without a mask regardless of vaccination status. 

2) If he is unvaccinated, then he's following the protocols that he agreed to... which Beasely is currently saying he will not do.  Do you understand the difference? 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Discrimination, health privacy, etc. 

Its none of our business who is vaccinated and who isn’t. 

Good luck with that!

Employers have every right so set protocols for unvaccinated people. It's being done all over the country. NFL is no different. 

Employees have every right to voluntarily provide proof of vaccination to avoid said protocols. 

If they don't provide vaccination, and they refuse to follow protocols that are set, which Cole is insisting he will do, you think he can sue if he gets shown the door?

This is the real world, that's not how things work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

No, that's not the case at all. That's some desperate ploy you're clinging to and it's wrong. Please stop trying to gaslight. You're not good at it.

1) Vaccinated people still wear masks. For example, where I live in Texas, you can't go to the grocery store without a mask regardless of vaccination status. 

2) If he is unvaccinated, then he's following the protocols that he agreed to...

so...are we against Cole stating why he is not getting vaccinated...or that he is not getting vaccinated. Cause JA 17 aint getting vaccinated either...

and we okay with that because he not stating why in public? 

Learn to deal with JA 17 not getting vaxxed

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just think of the cap space we’d save!!!   :)

(Smiley face for some people here who just wouldn’t’ get it….)

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Time travel? Ok, you take a vaccination which is a guaranteed risk, you inject a experimental drug into your body. That's guaranteed, no way around it.

Or, you go about your life and maybe you get covid maybe you don't. That's what I would call a "potential" risk. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but it makes sense to me. 

Granted I will say NY has a much more dense population than Alabama. So again do what's best for you and your family, I will do the same.

You’re missing a lot of things.