Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

3 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

According to an American Medical Association survey, over 96% of doctors have been vaccinated for covid. That's higher than the percentage of people who believe the world is round.

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-survey-shows-over-96-doctors-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19

yup. and i bet the 4% are cuban docs. not to call them out. but in miami a lot of the cuban docs are anti vaccine because they (fairly or unfairly) associate vaccines to democrat/liberal to fidel castro. I ***** you not. all this is identity politics and its sad.

get vaccinated people. bease get vaccinated bro. BUt if you dont. im fine with that. but then you gotta just follow the protocol. 

I'm surprised that so many Bills fans are willing to throw Beasley away for this.  Watch any of those exciting YouTube 2020 Bills highlight videos and see how often Bease is making critical catches in the games. The Bills are a weaker team without Beasley.

I always thought the introduction of the vaccine would return sanity to the crazy world of covid. The vaccine places the responsibility for ones health back on the individual where it belongs.  As long as everyone has access to the vaccine you can chose to protect yourself or not. 

We will never have 100% vaccine compliance. And as long as you don't work in health care or a nursing home vaccination should be a personal choice.  IMO the players association should have never agreed to what they did with the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The reality is that a vast amount of people, particularly those under 40, are alreday effectively immune to covid and if they catch it the viral load remains low and they don't develop symptoms or they exhibit very mild ones. They also are much less likely to pass the virus on.

For me, personally, I made the decision against getting vaccinated because I’ve seen, firsthand, some horrible reactions to it.  

I also take care of myself and am in my 30’s.. I don’t think it’s likely that there’s any long term effects from the vax, but I’d rather not risk it.  I’m honestly not at all worried about getting COVID.  To my knowledge, I haven’t gotten it yet.  Maybe I have, maybe I haven’t.  

I did worry about passing it along to vulnerable people, but now anyone I’m around who might be affected by it, is vaccinated. 

I will say that the vehement pushback to it that I have comes from how bizarrely aggressive the media/government is in pushing this. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

According to an American Medical Association survey, over 96% of doctors have been vaccinated for covid. That's higher than the percentage of people who believe the world is round.

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-survey-shows-over-96-doctors-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19

The numbers you posted (58%) are for the total hospital staff, including cafeteria staff and the guy who sells balloons in the gift shop.

Do they not count as front line workers? Are they grifters ? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

You got that backwards, 99% survival rate. 1 % death, And you are willing to take an experimental drug to protect you from a 1% chance and your not in a high risk category?

You gamble more than me.

It's only been here for 6 months how do you know what happens in 3 years?

It doesn’t suck until it hits close. I understand that most people from WNY never leave, rarely travel, and see things from the “NYC is the reason my taxes are so high!” point of view. 

(Apologies to my fellow TBDers who I likely offended with that previous paragraph). 

I was born and raised in Buffalo (well, a small town just south of Buffalo) but have moved seven times since; six of them for work. 

Last August, I had to go to one of my employee’s funeral. He was 42. In 2019, he ran a marathon. I can say with ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CERTAINTY that his wife (who also works for me) would have done anything to get this “experimental drug” to him last June. He died from COVID. So, if anyone wants to count the numbers (Beasley included, that ***** weirdo) I’ll add one; my friend Jeff. 

My sob story aside, I have two questions: 

1) what the ***** happened to this country where people think there’s some crazy conspiracy to make us take a shot? And I ask that because there isn’t a country in the world who isn’t begging for our excess vaccines.  So, you tin-foil-hat-wearing idiots need to decide if this is a political issue or some international conspiracy to end the world. 

2) What stopped Polio? 

(mods, sorry for my rant. I’ll take my ban). 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Last I looked, Cole Beasley is an amazing wide receiver playing in a team deep at WR. I love and respect his play. He is entitled to his opinion. But he isn't an infectious disease expert. As someone married to a healthcare professional who had to and still does deal with the dangers of Covid, he's being a total ass about this particular issues.

If he chooses to not get vaccinated, he can follow the protocols in place to protect *him* and others. If he chooses to get vaccinated, he also needs to follow *those* protocols to protect him and others.

It's not that hard.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Atlanta actually has a decent vaccination rate-- the highest in GA, which is around 47%. In fact, I have close family friends who live there, and several of them got Covid. One kid, in his twenties, is still suffering long-term effects, including lung damage.

And, if you think that Atlanta being open has nothing to do with the year of precautions that have been taken, and the number of people who were adult enough to get vaccinated, you're not really paying attention to anything other than a fact-averse echo chamber.

Everywhere in the south has been open for a while... not just Atlanta, aside from parts of North Carolina. 

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm surprised that so many Bills fans are willing to throw Beasley away for this.  Watch any of those exciting YouTube 2020 Bills highlight videos and see how often Bease is making critical catches in the games. The Bills are a weaker team without Beasley.

I always thought the introduction of the vaccine would return sanity to the crazy world of covid. The vaccine places the responsibility for ones health back on the individual where it belongs.  As long as everyone has access to the vaccine you can chose to protect yourself or not. 

We will never have 100% vaccine compliance. And as long as you don't work in health care or a nursing home vaccination should be a personal choice.  IMO the players association should have never agreed to what they did with the NFL.

while im heavy pro vax. im not throwing away bease. hes heated. and mostly upset at NFLPA. and let this get outta hand with social media. he should get vaccinated. but if HE doesnt want to ----- if the lord tells him not to--- its his right not to. BUT he works for a business that has protocols. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The reality is that a vast amount of people, particularly those under 40, are alreday effectively immune to covid and if they catch it the viral load remains low and they don't develop symptoms or they exhibit very mild ones. They also are much less likely to pass the virus on.

Source?

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

its not about his right to refuse the vaccine …he doesn’t want to comply with the protocols for not being vaccinated 

7 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Everyone needs to mind their own business. This world is becoming excruciating obnoxious with people and their want to control other’s thoughts and actions. 

Get a life. 

How dare all these people comment on something that was written in Cole’s private journal…Oh wait, he posted his views on Twitter for the world to see. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, balln said:

you need active or new infections as a percentage of population. keep trying. also florida and most southern states are woefully poor at testing and reporting

Florida has more people then NY State and is about the same size.  On top of that Florida was visited by millions of tourists the last 6 months while NY State has largely remained closed down to tourism.  By any reasonable consideration Florida has a much better covid profile then NY. And they are not seeing a spike.

I've read several studies employing Meta analysis to look at covid infection & death rates across the US and the world and so far it doesn't matter whether you locked down tight or stayed wide open or everything in between.  Covid is a classic respiratory virus that spread through the human population in much the same way that most respiratory virus do.  It's actually been eye opening how little our mitigation efforts impacted covid. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

How dare all these people comment on something that was written in Cole’s private journal…Oh wait, he posted his views on Twitter for the world to see. 

yea like this is content for his podcast 5 years from now when he actually retires

Just now, balln said:

while im heavy pro vax. im not throwing away bease. hes heated. and mostly upset at NFLPA. and let this get outta hand with social media. he should get vaccinated. but if HE doesnt want to ----- if the lord tells him not to--- its his right not to. BUT he works for a business that has protocols. 

Your final sentence is my entire issue with Bease, and much of what I hear in society as a whole.  Make your personal choice, that’s fine, but why must people go on and on about how they refuse to follow whatever guidelines are established as a result ? We’ve become a society that believes in only following rules they deem suitable, and this is an issue that transcends politics. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Florida has more people then NY State and is about the same size.  On top of that Florida was visited by millions of tourists the last 6 months while NY State has largely remained closed down to tourism.  By any reasonable consideration Florida has a much better covid profile then NY. And they are not seeing a spike.

I've read several studies employing Meta analysis to look at covid infection & death rates across the US and the world and so far it doesn't matter whether you locked down tight or stayed wide open or everything in between.  Covid is a classic respiratory virus that spread through the human population in much the same way that most respiratory virus do.  It's actually been eye opening how little our mitigation efforts impacted covid. 

youre partially correct. thats bc were human/and americans and we dont follow the rules. You bet ya new zealand got it right !

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Your final sentence is my entire issue with Bease, and much of what I hear in society as a whole.  Make your personal choice, that’s fine, but why must people go on and on about how they refuse to follow whatever guidelines are established as a result ? We’ve become a society that believes in only following rules they deem suitable, and this is an issue that transcends politics. 

People still hold onto the notion that this is a free country.  For many, this past year shook that vision to its core.   

Should he just comply with the non-vaccinated protocols.. probably.  Would I... yes...  Do I understand why many view the constant hectoring and overreach from those in power as a threat to who we are as a people... yes.    And that can come out as a rebuke of things others view as inconsequential.   

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

No I do not, but a potential risk is better than a guaranteed risk IMO.

You do what's best for you though. 

how is a potential future risk “guaranteed?” Do y’all have time travel down there in southern Alabama? Another beaut in this thread full of them.

• Like (+1) 2