Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Looking at the data for each state I'm not seeing any spikes in the Southern States.  There were spikes in several northern states (Michigan & PA for example) with tough lock downs in place in April but so far in June everyone is seeing covid cases and deaths fall or stay steady at very low levels.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

that doesnt normalize for population density 

Just now, QCity said:

But people aren't dropping dead in the streets of southern Alabama. So what's the problem?

There's only a problem if people are "dropping dead?" You have a pretty lax threshold for what constitutes a "problem" 

Or, more likely, you have no idea what the rest of the country has been dealing with.

We have gotten pretty far off track here, IMO. 

The NFL and the NFLPA came to an agreement on how this should be handled. Both sides agreed. The Bills as a team agreed that they would keep the vaccination talk in-house. Cole could not live with either of these agreements, and he is completely within his rights to retire if he feels that strongly about it. I hope that doesn’t happen, but if he can’t live with the deal, that is his option. 

It DOES bother me that he went public with it, as the rest of the team has been able to dance around it, rather than put it front and center to draw attention. 

I still hope that things will continue to evolve in the months ahead to give us some common ground and a solution can be found that works for everyone. We are a better team with Cole on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, SDS said:

I’ve been reading and keeping my comments to myself. But if I was to say something this was going to be my comment.

Quite frankly, the people who refuse to get vaccinated are simply grifters. They grift on the doctors and nurses and scientists and immunologists and mathematicians and all the vaccinated people in the general public who got out of the wagon and are pulling us out of this mess. They don’t care if they get sick and get hospitalized because somebody else will be there to take care of them, the caregivers who are required to be vaccinated, so they can perform the simple act of breathing.

Somewhere Jenny McCarthy is smiling. 

i dunno dude...58% of health care workers are vaxed... are they grifters? Or maybe different opinions can be respected?

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/coronavirus/local-family-raises-concern-about-healthcare-worker-vaccination-rates

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

If you had Covid 6 months ago and recovered, do YOU know what might happen to you in 3 years?

We have an idea that for the vast majority of people not to much will happen as covid is a corona virus and we have experience with that class of virus.

BTW, do you know what will happen to you after getting vaccinated in 3 years?

And for the record I chose to get vaccinated as I'm over 60 and the risk/benefit ratio made sense to me.  If I was healthy and 30 I'm not sure I would have opted to get vaccinated.  For sure if I had covid previously and was under 40 there is no way I would get vaccinated. Would you?

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

We have an idea that for the vast majority of people not to much will happen as covid is a corona virus and we have experience with that class of virus.

BTW, do you know what will happen to you after getting vaccinated in 3 years?

And for the record I chose to get vaccinated as I'm over 60 and the risk/benefit ration made sense to me.  If I was healthy and 30 I'm not sure I would have opted to get vaccinated.  For sure if I had covid previously and was under 40 there is no way I would get vaccinated. Would you?

yes the data and current recommendations - even if you had it you should get vaccinated. fun fact - if you cleared the virus AND get vaccinated you have an insane amount of immunity. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, balln said:

yes the data and current recommendations - even if you had it you should get vaccinated. fun fact - if you cleared the virus AND get vaccinated you have an insane amount of immunity. 

but what if you dont need immunity? i mean thats what Beas is saying.

Edited by Beach

1 minute ago, balln said:

You have an insane amount of immunity with either the vaccination or naturally derived immunity.

There are a lot of medical people advising against those that have recovered from covid getting the vaccine.  Others are recommending that those who had covid previously get only one shot. 

i dont understand this irrational fear of what COULD happen in 3, 20 or 40 years. But my whole live has been medicine and science. so to me its not a question. I can understand some of the concerns to a degree. the virus doesnt re write your genetic code. attack any organ system. THE only current thing that is making the news is their are young/ teenagers getting vaccine and having some myocarditis. but it is an insanely small number. and vast majority resolves without any treatment

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

If you have such a minimal level of education on a topic, you really shouldn't be cluttering up the thread with meaningless comments.

Sure thing guy, attack my education level because we have a difference in opinion. Have fun with that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beach said:

but what if you dont need immunity? i mean thats was Beas is saying.

The reality is that a vast amount of people, particularly those under 40, are alreday effectively immune to covid and if they catch it the viral load remains low and they don't develop symptoms or they exhibit very mild ones. They also are much less likely to pass the virus on.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i dunno dude...58% of health care workers are vaxed... are they grifters? Or maybe different opinions can be respected?

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/coronavirus/local-family-raises-concern-about-healthcare-worker-vaccination-rates

According to an American Medical Association survey, over 96% of doctors have been vaccinated for covid. That's higher than the percentage of people who believe the world is round.

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-survey-shows-over-96-doctors-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19

The numbers you posted (58%) are for the total hospital staff, including cafeteria staff and the guy who sells balloons in the gift shop. This number is still significantly higher than the vaccination rate of general population of the US.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Here's the data for Florida which is not only densely populated but the site of vast tourist migrations over the last few months.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

you need active or new infections as a percentage of population. keep trying. also florida and most southern states are woefully poor at testing and reporting

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Oh.. the current health stats, and variants... oh my.  I’m in Atlanta.  We’ve heard, literally, for the past year about the “impending doom” from people who don’t live here. 

Yet here we are... pretty much wide open.  And people have just lived their lives since last Fall.  

Atlanta actually has a decent vaccination rate-- the highest in GA, which is around 47%. In fact, I have close family friends who live there, and several of them got Covid. One kid, in his twenties, is still suffering long-term effects, including lung damage.

And, if you think that Atlanta being open has nothing to do with the year of precautions that have been taken, and the number of people who were adult enough to get vaccinated, you're not really paying attention to anything other than a fact-averse echo chamber.

• Like (+1) 1