Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 minute ago, balln said:

you dont know what emergency use FDA approval means ( you assume its bad). and then also people may "get" the virus but they arent dying or getting seriously ill. also the trials and current data show its not 100% but pretty darn close. 

do you know the prerequisites for consideration for emergency use approval?

15 minutes ago, SDS said:

I’ve been reading and keeping my comments to myself. But if I was to say something this was going to be my comment.

Quite frankly, the people who refuse to get vaccinated are simply grifters. They grift on the doctors and nurses and scientists and immunologists and mathematicians and all the vaccinated people in the general public who got out of the wagon and are pulling us out of this mess. They don’t care if they get sick and get hospitalized because somebody else will be there to take care of them, the caregivers who are required to be vaccinated, so they can perform the simple act of breathing.

Somewhere Jenny McCarthy is smiling. 

What if they already have had covid?  Their acquired immunity is every bit as potent as what they would get from the vaccines.

And most people in Beasley's age group, under 35 won't get sick from covid.  I think that number is over 98%.

The solution is simple.  Test Beasley on a regular basis.  If he doesn't catch the covid what's the issue?

I'm over 60 so I chose to get the covid vaccine.  When I turn 65 I'll get the shingles vaccine but right now the risk/benefit ratio for shingles in the under 65 crowd says don't get the vaccine yet.

It's a personal choice.  Every adult has the option to protect themselves by getting vaccinated.  What Beasley does or doesn't do won't impact those that get the vaccine.

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

Did not state stats, simply people get it after being vaccinated. 99% survival rate and a boatload of unknown longterm effects potentially. 

Yeah I can see why people are willing to play the odds.

If there was a lottery where 99.9999999999% of the people playing won the lottery and that missing decimal point got sick for a period, how many people would play that lottery?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, balln said:

uhhhh what. ineffective? no way bro. by any metric. you dont know what emergency use FDA approval means ( you assume its bad). and then also people may "get" the virus but they arent dying or getting seriously ill. also the trials and current data show its not 100% but pretty darn close. 

So you are ok with unknown side effects and potential long term damage it may or may not do?

Good for you, I'm not and I won't fault anyone else who isnt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

Did not state stats, simply people get it after being vaccinated. 99% survival rate and a boatload of unknown longterm effects potentially. 

Yeah I can see why people are willing to play the odds.

ppl the vaccine is a protein. its not some ortho kill weed killer. the flu vaccine does not cause you to get parkinsons or your arms to violently fall off 40 years later.....

you havent seen a significant number of people that have caught covid and then "survived"... have long term and chronic problems following it covid. basically like having lupus.

Just now, SCBills said:

We’re completely back to normal down south.  Don’t blame me for your local government. 

You're obviously not following the current health stats. The Southern states are, indeed, the ones experiencing spikes, especially in regards to the latest delta variant.

Lost in this discussion also is the fact that as much as 10% of people who get Covid will experience long-term health effects, including lung damage-- and there is no correlation in these cases to pre-existing health. Cole beasley-- or the person he spreads the variant to-- could easily acquire these health issues, regardless of how healthy their lifestyle is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

huh? .....78% of hospitalized Covid patients were overweight/obese. You don't see that as a contributing factor why someone who is healthy . young and in great shape might think twice about getting a vaccine that has not been been fully authorized yet, and is very likely a reason why young males are experiencing  myocarditis  at enhanced rates?

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/78-of-covid-19-patients-hospitalized-in-the-us-overweight-or-obese-cdc-finds.html

But the infection itself is the acute problem was my point. Underlying conditions like obesity can complicate all sorts or diseases yes.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

If there was a lottery where 99.9999999999% of the people playing won the lottery and that missing decimal point got sick for a period, how many people would play that lottery?

You got that backwards, 99% survival rate. 1 % death, And you are willing to take an experimental drug to protect you from a 1% chance and your not in a high risk category?

You gamble more than me.

2 minutes ago, balln said:

ppl the vaccine is a protein. its not some ortho kill weed killer. the flu vaccine does not cause you to get parkinsons or your arms to violently fall off 40 years later.....

you havent seen a significant number of people that have caught covid and then "survived"... have long term and chronic problems following it covid. basically like having lupus.

It's only been here for 6 months how do you know what happens in 3 years?

• Vomit 1

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

You're obviously not following the current health stats. The Southern states are, indeed, the ones experiencing spikes, especially in regards to the latest delta variant.

Lost in this discussion also is the fact that as much as 10% of people who get Covid will experience long-term health effects, including lung damage-- and there is no correlation in these cases to pre-existing health. Cole beasley-- or the person he spreads the variant to-- could easily acquire these health issues, regardless of how healthy their lifestyle is.

Oh.. the current health stats, and variants... oh my.  I’m in Atlanta.  We’ve heard, literally, for the past year about the “impending doom” from people who don’t live here. 

Yet here we are... pretty much wide open.  And people have just lived their lives since last Fall.  

• Like (+1) 1

You got that backwards, 99% survival rate. 1 % death, And you are willing to take an experimental drug to protect you from a 1% chance and your not in a high risk category?

You gamble more than me.

If you have such a minimal level of education on a topic, you really shouldn't be cluttering up the thread with meaningless comments.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Just go back to normal.  If you want to be vaxxed, do it.  If not, don’t.  What the literal **** is the problem?

The literal ***** problem is that there wasn't going to be a normal in 2021......and maybe much longer......without people getting vaccinated.

There are worse things than Beasley retiring and the Bills getting their money back.    This year is probably it for him in Buffalo anyway.    

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

You gamble more than me.

you dont. but its based on decades of vaccination history and data and science. but thats what emergency use means. when faced with a global health problem. your ignoring survival and long covid / lupus like symptoms that are chronic.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-legal-regulatory-and-policy-framework/emergency-use-authorization

Just now, Southern_Bills said:

You gamble more than me.

I’m willing to take a vaccination so that the rest of the world can get back to normal. I’m willing to take a vaccination so that I can go and continue to travel and enjoy the lifestyle I did pre-Covid. I’m also willing to take a vaccination that every doctor that I know has gone ahead and taken themselves so that they can protect other people. So, one percent of people die from Covid but .000000001% of people who have taken the vaccination have received any ill effects. I still see the win on the side of the vaccinated

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Governor said:

He might be broken anyway. Probably a good time to cut bait if he continues to be an ignoramus. He can then move to Florida and be free.

I think Beas has a substantial ranch property in Texas.

When I'm not busy imputing the best motives and genuine beliefs and convictions to players, I did have this observation that Beasley was helmetless and not participating in team drills most of OTAs and we didn't hear about him being open and making catches for Josh when the defense was "winning the day".  Then I had this sneaky little devil thought, "what if Bease really damaged himself playing on that broken leg last season and is struggling, and decided to kind of ride off in a Blaze of Glory as a Martyr to NFL/NFLPA Covid Policy instead of announcing that he was retiring because he could no longer play at the level he wanted?"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

You gamble more than me.

If you had Covid 6 months ago and recovered, do YOU know what might happen to you in 3 years?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Looking at the data for each state I'm not seeing any spikes in the Southern States.  There were spikes in several northern states (Michigan & PA for example) with tough lock downs in place in April but so far in June everyone is seeing covid cases and deaths fall or stay steady at very low levels.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

If you have such a minimal level of education on a topic, you really shouldn't be cluttering up the thread with meaningless comments.

But people aren't dropping dead in the streets of southern Alabama. So what's the problem?

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The literal ***** problem is that there wasn't going to be a normal in 2021......and maybe much longer......without people getting vaccinated.

There are worse things than Beasley retiring and the Bills getting their money back.    This year is probably it for him in Buffalo anyway.    

Again.. talk to your local government.  I don’t run your state, town or city.  

We’ve been open down south for a while. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Beas has a substantial ranch property in Texas.

When I'm not busy imputing the best motives and genuine beliefs and convictions to players, I did have this observation that Beasley was helmetless and not participating in team drills most of OTAs and we didn't hear about him being open and making catches for Josh when the defense was "winning the day".  Then I had this sneaky little devil thought, "what if Bease really damaged himself playing on that broken leg last season and is struggling, and decided to kind of ride off in a Blaze of Glory as a Martyr to NFL/NFLPA Covid Policy instead of announcing that he was retiring because he could no longer play at the level he wanted?"

I actually hope it’s not the case and that he continues to be a Bill for at least next season. He was excellent last year. A huge difference maker in the slot. His personal opinions don’t cloud my view on how important he can be to the offence in 2021