Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

I’ve been reading and keeping my comments to myself. But if I was to say something this was going to be my comment.

Quite frankly, the people who refuse to get vaccinated are simply grifters. They grift on the doctors and nurses and scientists and immunologists and mathematicians and all the vaccinated people in the general public who got out of the wagon and are pulling us out of this mess. They don’t care if they get sick and get hospitalized because somebody else will be there to take care of them, the caregivers who are required to be vaccinated, so they can perform the simple act of breathing.

Somewhere Jenny McCarthy is smiling. 

Do you get the flu vaccine every year?  

Do you eat healthy and exercise? 

Do you avoid smoking, alcohol and recreational drug use?  

Or are you like most of the people who have this opinion?... Self righteous folks with their own vices lending them to be a potential drain on the healthcare system, while patting themselves on the back, ad nauseum, for getting one COVID vaccine. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Vomit 6
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

WHEW.... Holy Crap Man Im like what did I doooooo????  LOL

I won't say who it is, but another poster in this thread whose name started with the letter 'K' was who I confused you with. I expected him to be on vacation lol

1 minute ago, Worstcaseontario said:

Lol @ anyone who wants him cut, theres many other bills that feel the same was beasley does so get ready for a fun season if you wana go that route 😂

he won’t be cut, not for just this little twitter tirade. But if he goes into the season and is regularly breaking protocol (as he says he will) and is thus continuing to incur fines and the wrong kind of attention, then yes he’s out the door. Sure there are other teammates who share his view, but they’ve made no indication that they are going to rock the boat like this.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I follow the Jets, Dolphins and Pats. This has not been a subject for any of them. There are players on this team that are making this the subject for the Bills. 

I've felt for awhile that the Bills don't seem as focused as last season and I really hope I'm wrong, but this certainly leads into my paranoia. 

and for many,that is really the only thing that matters...how does this affect wins and losses. Maybe for players, its more important than wins and losses.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

and for many,that is really the only thing that matters...how does this affect wins and losses. Maybe for players, its more important than wins and losses.

Let’s be real.. unless Cole Beasley makes this cause his life’s mission..  nobody will care about this come Week 1.  

Until we’re the one team below the 85% threshold, this isn’t a uniquely Bills issue - even if our guys have been a bit more vocal against vaccination.   

As it stands, last I checked, two teams are above that threshold.... two. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Do you get the flu vaccine every year?  

Do you eat healthy and exercise? 

Do you avoid smoking, alcohol and recreational drug use?  

Or are you like most of the people who have this opinion?... Self righteous folks with their own vices lending them to be a potential drain on the healthcare system, while patting themselves on the back, ad nauseum, for getting one COVID vaccine. 

all false analogies. Comparing longstanding, habitual unhealthy behaviors to an acute, worldwide, communicable health crisis? Yeah you do not know what you’re doing.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Bill Lewes said:

This is just the beginning.  Cole shouldn't have opened his mouth.  The team agreed to stay closed about the topic.  Guess who's gonna be all over GMF all week . . . 

I thought the dude was all about team 

There's no "V" in "Team."

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

all false analogies. Comparing longstanding, habitual unhealthy behaviors to an acute, worldwide, communicable health crisis? Yeah you do not know what you’re doing.

The assertion was that we’re grifters on the healthcare system for not getting vaccinated against COVID.  

That’s such a ridiculous assertion.  Especially when so many of us who aren’t, are young and take care of ourselves. i.e. professional athletes. 

• Dislike 3

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

but his family is in medicine. 🙄

• Haha (+1) 5

Someone else misspoke by saying the majority of Americans are vaccinated. Maybe the majority of players are. But Americans aren’t getting vaccinated. That’s why the government is bribing us to get vaccinated to get to the threshold they think is safe. They are offering free beer, donuts, and in California are even doing a cash lottery.   

the reality is the dynamic is changing rapidly now. The next couple months I think will change as well. There’s a pot of people who don’t want to be told what to do. Unfortunately there’s no way to have this conversation without it getting political. I do believe there’s a lot of players that lean to not being vaccinated. I mean these guys are regulated on what hey are allowed to consume as a multi vitamin. Now they’re being told they need to take a vaccine which still hasn’t been FDA approved. So I can see there position. 

it’s just unprecedented what has occurred and what will be the outcome of how we as a world reacted. It will be interesting to see how things go though. I mean lots of states are opening up completely now. So I wonder how the dynamic come season beginning changes if at all. This whole thing may be moot come September. Not saying it will but the last year he moved along slow and these last couple months have swung significantly in a different direction. So at least I remain hopeful that the politics are gone and this continues to progress positively. 

they won’t cut Cole until they absolutely have to. Cap hit will probably play into it as well. 

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

I shouldn't, but I will. 

So a vaccination that has proven to be ineffective (people still getting the virus after vaccination) and still only approved for emergency use by the FDA is so great you are an idiot if you don't take it?

The vaccine is not the right choice for everyone, it is his choice. It is also the NFLs choice not to let him play. He is obviously prepared for the consequences so what's the big deal?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The assertion was that we’re grifters on the healthcare system for not getting vaccinated against COVID.  

That’s such a ridiculous assertion.  Especially when so many of us who aren’t, are young and take care of ourselves. i.e. professional athletes. 

You are. Own it. Be proud.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

but his family is in medicine. 🙄

Seems I hit a nerve... I’m pretty sure if I met half of you vaccination lecturers in person, one of us would look like we are doing our part to do what we can to not drain the healthcare system... and the other would have a “I got vaccinated” sticker. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

I shouldn't, but I will. 

So a vaccination that has proven to be ineffective (people still getting the virus after vaccination) and still only approved for emergency use by the FDA is so great you are an idiot if you don't take it?

The vaccine is not the right choice for everyone, it is his choice. It is also the NFLs choice not to let him play. He is obviously prepared for the consequences so what's the big deal?

You are pulling statistics. If you want statistics, the vaccines that the FDA has approved our proving to be over 85% effective. There are cases where people have been shown to be positive after receiving the vaccine, but have not had any ill affects. Just because you have a vaccine does not mean you are not a carrier. It just means that your bodies immune system has been strengthened against the virus.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

And yet, the people screaming the loudest about "getting back to normal" are the ones not willing to take the simplest step to get us there.

You are the problem.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I shouldn't, but I will. 

uhhhh what. ineffective? no way bro. by any metric. you dont know what emergency use FDA approval means ( you assume its bad). and then also people may "get" the virus but they arent dying or getting seriously ill. also the trials and current data show its not 100% but pretty darn close. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

Someone else misspoke by saying the majority of Americans are vaccinated. Maybe the majority of players are. But Americans aren’t getting vaccinated.

This is incorrect, unless you are including people who aren’t eligible to get vaccinated.

4FF17A64-6F3F-46F6-875D-24806EC3815A.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I shouldn't, but I will. 

no vaccine is 100% effective. And if he (or anyone) has legitimate reasons for getting a vaccine being “not the right choice for them” I’d love to hear them. Because many of the reasons people cite for not getting it are based in pure, malevolent fantasy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

You are pulling statistics. If you want statistics, the vaccines that the FDA has approved our proving to be over 85% effective. There are cases where people have been shown to be positive after receiving the vaccine, but have not had any ill affects. Just because you have a vaccine does not mean you are not a carrier. It just means that your bodies immune system has been strengthened against the virus.

Did not state stats, simply people get it after being vaccinated. 99% survival rate and a boatload of unknown longterm effects potentially. 

Yeah I can see why people are willing to play the odds.