Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess you could argue that mouthing off about something without informing yourself carefully first is a form of idiocy, but it seems like something else to me - poor impulse control?  immaturity?

You definitely could argue that. Quite persuasively. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you listen, could you provide a synopsis?  Thanks

Trying to find it now. I think it will go like this:

Lots of people died in the US of A,

Scientists know best, but I don’t care what they say.

God’s got my back, I’m in the league today.

But if the shield won’t protect me, I ain’t gonna play

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The protocols are trash.  Have Cole sign the waiver saying no one in the NFL or with the Bills is responsible if he gets it.  

Done.  That's how life should be but we're in peak stupid stupid times. 

Does his waiver also cover if he gives it to Josh Allen?

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, it's not impossible that he's an idiot, but usually when people don't understand something like labor laws or the Constitution and how it's been interpreted for >100 years with regard to vaccination, it's not because they're idiots, it's because they're uninformed or misinformed.

I guess you could argue that mouthing off about something without informing yourself carefully first is a form of idiocy, but it seems like something else to me - poor impulse control?  immaturity?

The thing is they’ve all been briefed on this - their options, what the league can and cannot force them to do, etc.  I’m sure they’ve gotten a memo from the union.  And the players on this team, in particular, have discussed it and decided how they’re going to deal with this issue vis-a-vis the media.  And if that weren’t enough, his OWN BOSS got in trouble already for musing publicly about cutting players who refuse vaccination.  So yeah, I suppose he could just be misinformed or immature, but I mean…

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Before you get "vaccinated" you sign a waiver that no one is responsible for any serious side effects you'll have now or in the future.  

It's all good tho.  

"Stop being a baby and take it!"

--Same people criticizing those saying "stop being a wuss it has a near 100% survival rate if you're under 60.

Bizarre.  Absolutely friggin bizarre.

The protocols are trash.  Have Cole sign the waiver saying no one in the NFL or with the Bills is responsible if he gets it.  

Done.  That's how life should be but we're in peak stupid stupid times. 

1) the issue isn't Cole not wanting to be vaccinated - you do understand that, yes?  It's beyond the scope here, but one can look at the number of people who have been vaccinated and the side effects and see that the former is large and the latter is small.  Those data are publicly available, you know that, yes?

2) The issue for the NFL isn't survival, it's availability during the season.  It's potentially spreading a contagious disease to others rendering them unavailable.  You do understand that, yes?  When the concern is availability, survival is perhaps not the best metric for a disease that some people (including young people) take weeks or months to recover from? 

3) Because Covid is an airborne contagious disease, the issue isn't responsibility if Cole is infected, the issue is contagious spread to others, can we see that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Does his waiver also cover if he gives it to Josh Allen?

That would cover whoever the heck you caught it from

Why do we care?  Why did the NFLPA repeat last years protocols that were crafted in May of 2020 for people that choose not to get the vaccine 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He is free to retire, sure.

He is free to remain in the NFL, not get the vaccine, and follow the NFL/NFLPA protocols for unvaccinated players.

He is free to challenge those protocols and try to get them modified.

He doesn't have the choice to remain in the NFL, not get the vaccine, and thumb his nose at the protocols the NFL and NFLPA agreed to as part of their CBA.

You are right- my only point is he appears to be choosing a path of freedom- through his lense.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

1) the issue isn't Cole not wanting to be vaccinated - you do understand that, yes?  It's beyond the scope here, but one can look at the number of people who have been vaccinated and the side effects and see that the former is large and the latter is small.  Those data are publicly available, you know that, yes?

2) The issue for the NFL isn't survival, it's availability during the season.  It's potentially spreading a contagious disease to others rendering them unavailable.  You do understand that, yes?  When the concern is availability, survival is perhaps not the best metric for a disease that some people (including young people) take weeks or months to recover from? 

3) Because Covid is an airborne contagious disease, the issue isn't responsibility if Cole is infected, the issue is contagious spread to others, can we see that?

All their choice yes.  

So you're advocating forced universal vaccination, correct?

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Glad we all get along 

I don’t pay these high membership fees here at TBD to get along with everybody. I’m here for the argument

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Christian Mccaffrey didn’t get the vaccine either (well, he refused to comment so…)

Wonder how Panthers handle that one 

In a small room with some chloroform?