Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Unfortunately, the rest of us have to take care of you and support you regardless if you 'associate' with us or not. This is why you need to step up and be better. I'm tired of you costing me money. 

meanwhile he'll drive to work with his insured and tagged car carrying his drivers license grumbling about us sheep.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

ENS-dsgXYAE2lHA.jpg

I was reading Isaac Asimov when I was 5 (Lucky Stars series) and when I was in 2nd grade we needed to do a book report (hardly a book report but that was what teacher called it, it was mostly bibliography info on book - author, publisher, etc) from a book in the library.  I turned in a report on "Inside the Atom" by Isaac Asimov which was a science book he wrote in 1956.  Teacher said I did not follow instructions and eventually it got to principal and he asked teacher why I did not follow instructions and she said it was supposed to get a book from school library.  He asked if she specified school library and she said no for it is implied for how was I supposed to check to see if I did it correctly without reviewing the book?  I spoke up and said I still had the book I borrowed for I had not finished reading it and she could look at it.  Principal told teacher to borrow the book and just confirm I followed class instructions based on that book.  Teacher was not happy but followed instructions.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just lost a close friend to Covid on Saturday who was in the "it's just the flu", "the vaccine is more dangerous", "God will protect me" camp.  All of their closest friends couldn't convince them to get the shots, no way, no how.  No chance anyone is convincing Beasley he is being misinformed. I hope he retires.

• Sad 4
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Capco said:

Ugh......... 

And this is just reflective of a bigger problem at large in this country.  People have lost trust in institutions that are the bedrock of our society.

Yes.  It’s the tip of the iceberg too.  We are polarized by everything.  24 hour news channels, sponsored by who knows who, is only helping to divide us.  

When I was in school we all got vaccinated for MMR and other things.  Form two lines.  Boys here, girls over there.  It was simple.  Takeoff your shirt,  alcohol cotton ball, jab, done.  Put on your shirt and go back to class.  I have 6 siblings, same thing.   Never heard of any problems, maybe a kid got sick later that day but no lawsuits that I can recall. No parents demonstrating either.   They were the post WW2 parents so they believed in the school system, the health system, the government, and the greater good.  I miss them and those days.  

Today people seem to like to be offended, they like to talk about their rights all the time (even when they don’t understand them).  So many threats, so much violence, so much litigation.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Before you get "vaccinated" you sign a waiver that no one is responsible for any serious side effects you'll have now or in the future.  

It's all good tho.  

"Stop being a baby and take it!"

--Same people criticizing those saying "stop being a wuss it has a near 100% survival rate if you're under 60.

Bizarre.  Absolutely friggin bizarre.

The protocols are trash.  Have Cole sign the waiver saying no one in the NFL or with the Bills is responsible if he gets it.  

Done.  That's how life should be but we're in peak stupid stupid times. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Great player.

Raging idiot.  Just colossally stupid dude.

I mean, probably not?  I don't think you can be an idiot or stupid, and be as creative and sharp at football as Cole Beasley evidently is.  At the level he plays, it's not a game for stupid people, at all.

I deal with people who have (apparently) similar viewpoints all the time around here.  Most of them are quite intelligent.  They're just operating from a very different set of assumptions than I am.  Sometimes we can sit down and talk and I can figure out what their basis beliefs are, and explain what my basis beliefs are, and we can have a good convo. 

I guess I would say Bease may be kind of immature and/or privileged, since most of us by this time in our lives have had to process that sometimes we have to work with restrictions we don't like, or leave, and that if we want a third option having a public meltdown is not the best way to achieve it.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Yes.  It’s the tip of the iceberg too.  We are polarized by everything.  24 hour news channels, sponsored by who knows who, is only helping to divide us.  

When I was in school we all got vaccinated for MMR and other things.  Form two lines.  Boys here, girls over there.  It was simple.  Takeoff your shirt,  alcohol cotton ball, jab, done.  Put on your shirt and go back to class.  I have 6 siblings, same thing.   Never heard of any problems, maybe a kid got sick later that day but no lawsuits that I can recall. No parents demonstrating either.   They were the post WW2 parents so they believed in the school system, the health system, the government, and the greater good.  I miss them and those days.  

Today people seem to like to be offended, they like to talk about their rights all the time (even when they don’t understand them).  So many threats, so much violence, so much litigation.  

Conflict sells and for some reason the News has to be entertainment now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

God's will? Doesn't exist Cole. Next question?

And if it does, this is the same God who let his son die in one of the most brutal ways possible. And made it a point (if the bible is being referenced) to point out how God's will didn't prevent awful things from happening to people

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, par73 said:

If he doesn't get vaccinated, he basically will have to abide by last years regulations. It is his choice-- don't know why he didn't just go lowkey on this, instead of exploding all over social media.

Especially since he had publicly stated he quit social media before.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

When did The Right To Be Stupid become our national rallying cry?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, probably not?  I don't think you can be an idiot or stupid, and be as creative and sharp at football as Cole Beasley evidently is.  At the level he plays, it's not a game for stupid people, at all.

I deal with people who have (apparently) similar viewpoints all the time around here.  Most of them are quite intelligent.  They're just operating from a very different set of assumptions than I am.  Sometimes we can sit down and talk and I can figure out what their basis beliefs are, and explain what my basis beliefs are, and we can have a good convo. 

I guess I would say Bease may be kind of immature and/or privileged, since most of us by this time in our lives have had to process that sometimes we have to work with restrictions we don't like, or leave, and that if we want a third option having a public meltdown is not the best way to achieve it.

He’s an idiot for not understanding basic labor laws.  Putting aside the science vs. “faith” issue.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Before you get "vaccinated" you sign a waiver that no one is responsible for any serious side effects you'll have now or in the future.  

It's all good tho.  

"Stop being a baby and take it!"

--Same people criticizing those saying "stop being a wuss it has a near 100% survival rate if you're under 60.

Bizarre.  Absolutely friggin bizarre.

The protocols are trash.  Have Cole sign the waiver saying no one in the NFL or with the Bills is responsible if he gets it.  

Done.  That's how life should be but we're in peak stupid stupid times. 

Is there a reason you are ignoring how the poster clarified the "Stop being a baby" line is in regards to HOW Cole is handling this, not about his views?

1 minute ago, driddles said:

Just lost a close friend to Covid on Saturday who was in the "it's just the flu", "the vaccine is more dangerous", "God will protect me" camp.  All of their closest friends couldn't convince them to get the shots, no way, no how.  No chance anyone is convincing Beasley he is being misinformed. I hope he retires.

Personally, I don't care if he's misinformed, doesn't get the vaccine or disagrees that gravity is nothing more than theory. 

It's about what he said that makes it very clear that he doesn't believe in freedom of choice. He believe that he should get to make whatever choice and everyone else should then be subject to it because *he* doesn't like something. Most players disagree with him otherwise, if they felt as strongly as he and Rachel Bush would like people to believe then the NFLPA wouldn't have agreed to those rules. 

It's about his selfishness. Get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine and do what you agreed to do, or don't like it and don't play in the NFL. He chose to throw a tantrum to try to get things his way. In the process of which, he violated a direct agreement he made with his teammates, coaches and the team that they weren't going to talk about individuals vaccination status. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

When did The Right To Be Stupid become our national rallying cry?

He’s an idiot for not understanding basic labor laws.  Putting aside the science vs. “faith” issue.

I mean, it's not impossible that he's an idiot, but usually when people don't understand something like labor laws or the Constitution and how it's been interpreted for >100 years with regard to vaccination, it's not because they're idiots, it's because they're uninformed or misinformed.

I guess you could argue that mouthing off about something without informing yourself carefully first is a form of idiocy, but it seems like something else to me - poor impulse control?  immaturity?

• Like (+1) 1