Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

Just now, Boxcar said:

Thought it was obvious, but the point is he didn't agree to this, nor did he have a say in its implementation.

I'm sure there is boilerplate language in the contracts agreeing to abide by the CBA and any additional rules agreed to by the NFL/NFLPA.

There's a process, the NFL didn't just impose these protocols, the NFLPA (his reps) had a chance to discuss and negotiate.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If we cut him outright, we save $4M on the cap this year.

There is that, 👍

and one more thing,

in before the lock 😂

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, wppete said:

After reading his tweets from today I feel Cole retires. Just a guess. I wonder how many other players do the same? Should be an entertaining next few months that’s for sure. 

Sir, I respect your views and respect you as a poster here, but you have odd-ass notions of entertainment. 

That is all.

• Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Boxcar said:

How do you spread it to teammates that have been vaccinated?

Vaccines aren't mandatory. Follow me here, so if Bease isn't vaccinated, then other players may not be vaccinated...

The vaccine is also not full proof. Kind of like condoms... Don't want to use a condom, cool. There are potential consequences... Also try not to ***** over your teammates. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Be a baby and not get vaccinated?

My God.

How is Cole or any player that doesn't get vaccinated "not protecting" anyone else - the other non vaccinated have clearly made a choice and are living life accepting the risks. 

The other players and personnel that would like to have near zero risk of getting it are fully vaccinated.  

Why does anyone care at this point and how did the NFL and NFLPA think this was the best course of action.

I want to hear logic.  Any freaking logic.  

Dude, are you not reading/understanding the issue here?

No one cares that he isnt vaccinated. But if you CHOOSE to not get vaccinated then you have to follow the protocols as agreed upon by the NFLPA. And he is saying he WILL NOT follow those protocols either. You dont get to have everything your way with no consequences. THAT is being a baby.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Don’t feed the troll - let him starve.  

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Because he doesn’t want to get the vaccine?

Nah. You work this out behind closed doors. You don’t just release a guy who your offense heavily relies on. 

You do if his actions endanger the rest of the team, oh and I did say “if” twice…,

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah. You work this out behind closed doors. You don’t just release a guy who your offense heavily relies on. 

Again, NO THAT IS NOT WHY. read what Bease is saying.

4 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

IMO Cole is a good man.  He is a great Bill and I hope he will be on the team this year and active.  

I disagree with his stance but can mostly respect a guy who comes from that place.  But I totally disagree with the histrionic melt down on social media and think it is a mistake.   

Well, I think this sums it up perfectly.

None of us are mad at him for not getting the vaccine (even though some of us think that’s incredibly stupid) we’re mad about how he’s handling it as we’re heading into a season with enormous potential. 

Don’t need the distraction. 

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sure there is boilerplate language in the contracts agreeing to abide by the CBA and any additional rules agreed to by the NFL/NFLPA.

There's a process, the NFL didn't just impose these protocols, the NFLPA (his reps) had a chance to discuss and negotiate.

The point was that people are acting like he made a choice to enter the NFLPA with this in mind. Up to like March of last year, restrictions like this would be inconceivable. I'm not contesting that he is bound by the CBA and NFLPA. It's a philosophical argument.

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I get both sides of it.  He has every right to not get the shot.  

That's not the issue, he also wants to be able to break league rules. Rules the league and the player's union have debated, argued, studied and kvetched about for months and in the end, agreed upon. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He has two options.  Get the vaccine or follow the protocols.  If he's not going to do either, then you have a problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Don’t feed the troll - let him starve.  

Yeah

I think it was 10 posts apart of

Do YoUr OwN ReSeArCh

And the dude literally asking for others to do their own research about JA

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He is free to retire, sure.

He is free to remain in the NFL, not get the vaccine, and follow the NFL/NFLPA protocols for unvaccinated players.

He is free to challenge those protocols and try to get them modified.

He doesn't have the choice to remain in the NFL, not get the vaccine, and thumb his nose at the protocols the NFL and NFLPA agreed to as part of their CBA.

THIS

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boxcar said:

The point was that people are acting like he made a choice to enter the NFLPA with this in mind. Up to like March of last year, restrictions like this would be inconceivable. I'm not contesting that he is bound by the CBA and NFLPA. It's a philosophical argument.

I'm not sure he really chose to enter the NFLPA except by choosing the be in the NFL. It's not like there is actually a choice to join or not. That's a whole larger subject/problem but it is not clear how the sports industry could work without it.

1 minute ago, Boxcar said:

Again, he has options as has been explained to you several times by various people. He doesn't like his options and wants everything to change to suit him personally which is what people have a problem with. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No. We’re just the Bickering Stadium Wallers 

Actually, it was the same year (‘89). House Ballard’s missed block got Kelly injured and Jimbo went off. Thurman retaliated while Reich went 3-0. The team got their act together enough to win the Division and lost a heartbreaker to Cleveland in the playoffs. But that game ‘created’ the K-Gun. By ‘90, everything was happiness and unicorns.

Rico ‘the Rock!’ ‘If ya Sa-MEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOW! What the Rico is cookin’!’

I love his podcast 🤣

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Vaccines aren't mandatory. Follow me here, so if Bease isn't vaccinated, then other players may not be vaccinated...

The vaccine is also not full proof. Kind of like condoms... Don't want to use a condom, cool. There are potential consequences... Also try not to ***** over your teammates. 

especially if you're not wearing a condom.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Endanger the team? 

If McD and co have as much buy in and such a strong culture as they lead on,

then one guys difference of opinion shouldn’t endanger the team. 

Scott, youre better than this. You are completely missing a huge part of what is happening with Beasley.

• Like (+1) 3