Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

5 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

The NFL protocol is as clear as it can be.  That doesn't mean it's legal.  When you prevent a person from working, or even provide a "hardship", labor laws get pretty serious.  The protocol might end up being legal.  Al I'm saying is they haven't been challenged and adjudicated yet.  

When it's the subject of collective bargaining and the union has agreed to those protocols... I would not be surprised to find that they are given great deference. In fact, it is not clear who he has to sue in order to challenge them; does he have standing to challenge without also suing the NFLPA?

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Devils advocate- maybe it is not about the “5 minutes”. Maybe he doesnt want the vaccine. Americans have choices and consider he may just have had enough and ready to move ahead, on his own terms.

He is literally free to not take the vaccine as long as he follows the protocols. This seems like a fair compromise between personal choice and safety of those involved. The players union (which represents Cole) agreed to these terms with the owners as a means to protect everyone involved as best as possible while not having any mandates for a vaccine to preserve personal choice. If he wants to be a baby and not get vaccinated and not follow the protocols then he is free to retire. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Have you had your B5G (Blood 5G) levels tested lately? Since I’m sure you think the Earth is flat, if you just keep walking, you’ll find a clinic to have it tested. 

You sheep!! 

(there, I saved you from having to type it yourself.) 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

When it's the subject of collective bargaining and the union has agreed to those protocols... I would not be surprised to find that they are given great deference. In fact, it is not clear who he has to sue in order to challenge them; does he have standing to challenge without also suing the NFLPA?

Good question

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think he could cut Beasley for being unvaccinated, but if the NFL and NFLPA want their protocols to be taken seriously, then they really can't have a veteran player who is looked up to by the team, publicly thumbing his nose and saying he won't follow the protocols.  That's way different than cuttlng a player to get to a vaccine threshold, IMO.

Cole is being an ass which is cuttable I think 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Klaista2k said:

That's the only comment you have? 

No supporting data or anything? 

Great job!

What else is he supposed to comment on?  You completely missed the first sentence on that guys post. You need data on that?

Just now, Klaista2k said:

I missed it. What did he say? 

Wow

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Wow, already hit Godwin's Law in just 6 pages. Well done.

There's a legitimate debate about forced vaccinations in regards to public safety, but we aren't having it. What's the mortality rate threshold a disease has to hit? How infectious must it be? How effective is the vaccine? Instead, we shame people for not "following the science" and just doing as they are told.

Just so I'm not accused, I have gotten my first shot (Canada sucks) and am booked to get my second but I will not be treating people differently based on whether they are vaccinated or not and I think people who do are gross.

I sure hope this post isn't too political since this opinion is contrary to that of some moderators. This applies fully to Beasley's situation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What else is he supposed to comment on?  You completely missed the first sentence on that guys post. You need data on that?

Wow

You are aware that arguing with what can only be a severely disturbed individual. His other posts are about how Allen doesn't use his arm strength. 

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Devils advocate- maybe it is not about the “5 minutes”. Maybe he doesnt want the vaccine. Americans have choices and consider he may just have had enough and ready to move ahead, on his own terms.

He certainly has the right to retire and live his life free of the agreed upon protocols and all of the other encumbering rules that he has to deal with as a pro football player. He can move about freely (in most states) and he does not have to get vaccinated. Alternately, he can not get vaccinated and abide by the rules agreed upon with the players' union, understanding they might even be relaxed later in the season if warranted. He would then get paid. Both of those are choices he could make, and may still make. Instead, on the surface, it appears he wants to defy the rules in some form of "resistance" so that he can be a martyr and forced to retire. I would expect, if he makes that choice, that he will then fight (via his lawyers) to get paid for not playing.

• Like (+1) 3