Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But only the FOLLOWING year, after they learnt some humility and how to get along

This team seems to move faster… maybe humility by week 4… ?

I was convinced last season was the best set up they could have possibly have. 

and I do think beas’ day are numbered. He’s a little dude and takes a pounding. Similar to Welker and Edelman, but he doesn’t seem as thick. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
Auto correct is bills fan- wouldn’t allow welker
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I support Cole on this. If you dont stand for something, you'll fall for anything. He is simply saying he won't let the NFL control his actions outside the facility. With restrictions lifted everywhere I don't blame him. If you're so worried about it then YOU go get vaxed. 

At the end of the day...standing firm on what you believe is more important than money or being other peoples entertainment.

And you know what?  If Cole said "I'm going to retire, ***** it, this isn't worth it to follow these protocols" I would 100% support him as that being his right.

But he's 100% trying to "have his cake and eat it too".  The NFL controls what players do outside the facility in all sorts of ways already.  The players have a right to refuse to accept that, in which case they can retire or find employment elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Isnt it pretty cut and dry at this point?  Those who dont vax are going to have to jump through hoops.......if they dont jump through those hoops....they wont be available on game day.

Or am I missing something?

The NFL protocol is as clear as it can be.  That doesn't mean it's legal.  When you prevent a person from working, or even provide a "hardship", labor laws get pretty serious.  The protocol might end up being legal.  Al I'm saying is they haven't been challenged and adjudicated yet.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Sometimes it amazes me how foreign empathy is to some people. Not everyone thinks like you, and not everyone values the same things you do. I hate to say this, but that doesn't automatically make them a bad person. Someone actually took Cole's stance, not on general vaccines, but on just this particular one and compared it directly to people who picket the funerals of gay people. Like, what?

I never compared Cole's stance to the WBC, in fact in that post I clarified that I wasn't not comparing Cole's stand to the WBC. I was responding to a poster saying that you have to "respect someone that stands by their principals" which is a ludicrous statement when compared to other people that "stand by their principals" but have odious beliefs. The validity of your beliefs is not improved by the fact that you are willing to stand by them. Cole is being a baby not wanting to undergo protocols designed to protect him, the team staff, his teammates and his family. No one is forcing him to get a vaccine. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Pokebball said:

The NFL protocol is as clear as it can be.  That doesn't mean it's legal.  When you prevent a person from working, or even provide a "hardship", labor laws get pretty serious.  The protocol might end up being legal.  Al I'm saying is they haven't been challenged and adjudicated yet.  

This isnt the NFL's protocol. It's the protocol agreed to by the NFLPA.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

The NFL literally mandates what activities you do in the off-season on your own time. They mandate what drugs you can and can't put into your body regardless of legality, these protocols literally fall right in line with that. 

Yeah, it's part of the bargain when you accept the multi-million dollar salary. And it's almost like Bease doesn't get that his actions effect his teammates in this matter. 

Idk, maybe he'll write an emo rap song about how unfair the world is to NFL wr's who don't want to play by the rules.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know for a fact that these are “guidelines” and they are fluid. The league wants the players to get the vaccine. They don’t want to deal with rescheduling games. That’s the main thing. Whether they will really discipline someone who doesn’t follow the protocols is likely going to be left to the team. Just what I’ve heard. 

Which is going to put Beane and McDermott in a tough position.  That is what I don't want to see.

Cole can do what he wants but he is acting like he is going to be a problem child over this.

I really hope this doesn't escalate and split the team.

This is an NFL/NFLPA decision but somehow it's going to be the Buffalo Bills leadership that will suffer I fear.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Well, both the NFL and the NFLPA agreed to it. BOTH sides agreed. It’s not the NFL making up the rules. It’s also the union who is there to protect ALL the players, not just Cole. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

He is publicly stating that he will be completely disregarding covid protocols. Meaning he will likely be spending the whole season getting fined/suspended, while being a huge distraction to the team.

I don't see any reason to keep him if that's the case, and I can't see the Bills having any issues. 

If you don't want to spend 5 minutes getting a vaccine, follow protocols. If you refuse to follow protocols then get lost. 

Devils advocate- maybe it is not about the “5 minutes”. Maybe he doesnt want the vaccine. Americans have choices and consider he may just have had enough and ready to move ahead, on his own terms.

3 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

He's an idiot for not taking an experimental gene therapy that isn't even FDA approved?

Care to explain? 

Have you had your B5G (Blood 5G) levels tested lately? Since I’m sure you think the Earth is flat, if you just keep walking, you’ll find a clinic to have it tested. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Good for him.

The entire thing is ridiculous at this point, and I support anyone telling these psychos that are enforcing rules that don't make any sense to buzz off.

Just like kids wearing masks and a million other things they told us that didn't make one bit of difference

It should all be back to normal. This was something used to control people and introduce a new system where you will be told what you can and cannot do on a level that defies what being an American is.

Cole Beasley is a man's man that stands above the rest of the sheep that will simply follow and abandon their principles for a check.

Kudos to him for staying true to himself...a very rare thing in this day and age

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

The issue is that the vaccine isn't 100% at preventing COVID.

Beasley's lack of respect for the protocols will play an impact on teammates who had the vaccine.

He needs to be sat down ASAP and determine if he wants to retire so the team can move on.  This can't prolong.

This isn't even accurate. 

It's been reported that lots of vaccinated people still test positive for Covid. 

Edited by Klaista2k

I love Cole but he has to realize that each team has reps that approve NFLPA agreements. He still gets paid and can skip the vaccine and practice and play. He wants to play hard ball then comply with the difficulties. If he wants to complain and be a distraction and risk hurting this fine team, ready to compete, don't resign and hurt your family, losing generational wealth.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

I don't agree with anyone suggesting he should be cut for his social media activity.

If he does not intend to comply with the protocols negotiated by the NFL and NFLPA, the team should be able to ascertain that during training camp. The process agreed upon with the NFLPA should be followed and he should be fined and/or suspended appropriately. If at that point, he continues to complain, he may need to be suspended or cut for conduct detrimental to the team. Not before that. 

Why? Because if he is unwilling to follow an agreement made with the NFLPA, he should also not benefit from any other agreements made between the union and league... such as salary guarantees, practice limits, benefits, etc. Since the NFL depends on its collective bargaining with players for its ability to avoid anti-trust lawsuits, the agreements with the union have to be honored. So... either he gets the NFLPA to renegotiate or he has to adhere to it. 

As far as his tweets and media being a distraction, I'm confident the other players are not going to get that bothered by it. I disagree with them very deeply, but it has to get significantly more egregious to qualify as detrimental conduct warranting action. A premature cut, fine, or other action by the Bills has more of a risk of backfiring on the team so they should tread lightly until he is clearly in violation of rules, not just making ill-advised tweets. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Devils advocate- maybe it is not about the “5 minutes”. Maybe he doesnt want the vaccine. Americans have choices and consider he may just have had enough and ready to move ahead, on his own terms.

Except he's expressed that he's not interested in moving on on his own terms. He wants the terms changed for everyone to suit him personally. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1