Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

“I’m not going to take meds for a leg that isn’t broken”

I guarantee if there was medication to prevent broken legs he would take it in an instant.

Something tells me he didn't wait until he had measles, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, mumps, rubella, hepatitis, varicella, and meningococcal until he got those shots. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Kinda weird how everyone’s forgetting how good Beasley was for us last season.   

He was awesome, maybe my MVP for the season.. but I still think he is being a jerk.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

He’s a great player. I don’t really like his attitude or him as a person, but on this issue I think he’s right. You can’t force vaccines on people man. What’s next? We all get the RFDI chip? Cmon. COVID is so overblown and the fact that our government has screwed so many small businesses by enforcing this unlawful shutdown is frightening. People are millions and millions of dollars in debt with no way out because of this BS. Enough.

They arent forcing vaccines. They are allowing the choice. But each choice has consequences. Get the vaccine and risk whatever perceived safety/health risks might come from it. Or dont get the vaccine, and follow these protocols.

Cant have a decision with no consequences. That's not how adult life works.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The issue is that the vaccine isn't 100% at preventing COVID.

Beasley's lack of respect for the protocols will play an impact on teammates who had the vaccine.

He needs to be sat down ASAP and determine if he wants to retire so the team can move on.  This can't prolong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Much to my surprise, Beasley has been great for the Bills, and I like having him on the team... but high-motor lunch-pail WRs really need to know their role and shut their mouth. If this is how it's going to be, NEXT!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Fair enough, but he’s still on the correct side of this issue in my book.  It’s all theater at this point.   Everyone knows the NFL won’t have “COVID protocols” moving forward as an every year thing.   They could simply just be normal, but of course public perception and a divided country won’t allow that.... right now. 

If the NFL/NFLPA protocols are being driven by "public perception", then you have a point.  The NFLPA leaders are asserting in their press releases that the players don't want to get sick with covid-19 and want the NFL to have protocols to protect them from infection.  There is evidence of long term impacts on athletes from mild or asymptomatic infections, including 5 out of 729 infected pro athletes who acquired myocarditis/pericarditis that lasted more than a couple weeks last season.  That's 0.7%, way higher than any incidence from vaccines, and that's only one effect - it's not the lasting pulmonary effects that Myles Garrett had and so forth.  

I think the stance that NFLPA has legitimate health concerns deserves the benefit of the doubt as being genuine at this time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I support Cole on this. If you dont stand for something, you'll fall for anything. He is simply saying he won't let the NFL control his actions outside the facility. With restrictions lifted everywhere I don't blame him. If you're so worried about it then YOU go get vaxed. 

At the end of the day...standing firm on what you believe is more important than money or being other peoples entertainment.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, StHustle said:

I support Cole on this. If you dont stand for something, you'll fall for anything. He is simply saying he won't let the NFL control his actions outside the facility. With restrictions lifted everywhere I don't blame him. If you're so worried about it then YOU go get vaxed. 

At the end of the day...standing firm on what you believe is more important than money or being other peoples entertainment.

You do understand the NFL already greatly controls players actions outside of the facility, right?

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, StHustle said:

Vaccines have been the price of admission for decades.  There is no way you can attend public schools and private university in this country without a host of vaccinations.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t agree that he should be cut but I also don’t think Beane CAN cut him due to the issues he had with his interview awhile back about whether he would cut an unvaccinated player. That would be a much bigger PR nightmare than whatever Beasley is doing on his own.

I don't think he could cut Beasley for being unvaccinated, but if the NFL and NFLPA want their protocols to be taken seriously, then they really can't have a veteran player who is looked up to by the team, publicly thumbing his nose and saying he won't follow the protocols.  That's way different than cuttlng a player to get to a vaccine threshold, IMO.

NFL Players take a knee: SHUT UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL!

NFL Player won't get vaccine : LISTEN TO THIS MAN! HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!

C'mon folks, at least be on the same side of your own issues.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think he could cut Beasley for being unvaccinated, but if the NFL and NFLPA want their protocols to be taken seriously, then they really can't have a veteran player who is looked up to by the team, publicly thumbing his nose and saying he won't follow the protocols.  That's way different than cuttlng a player to get to a vaccine threshold, IMO.

This is already easily "behavior detrimental to the team/shield"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No we arent. He'd be great to have, and I wish/hope we do.

But if he is going to refuse to follow protocol, then AT BEST, he spends part of the season suspended. And AT WORST, he brings a COVID varient into the locker room and kills our season.

As good as he was, he isnt worth that risk.

Lol the fearmongering will never end.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You do understand the NFL already greatly controls players actions outside of the facility, right?

The NFL literally mandates what activities you do in the off-season on your own time. They mandate what drugs you can and can't put into your body regardless of legality, these protocols literally fall right in line with that. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

He’s a great player. I don’t really like his attitude or him as a person, but on this issue I think he’s right. You can’t force vaccines on people man. What’s next? We all get the RFDI chip? Cmon. COVID is so overblown and the fact that our government has screwed so many small businesses by enforcing this unlawful shutdown is frightening. People are millions and millions of dollars in debt with no way out because of this BS. Enough.

Nobody is forcing him to get the vaccine. Nobody. He does not have to.  But if he doesn't he will have to abide by league rules for players who are not vaccinated.  Is that so hard to understand?    Your expertise on all of this isn't relevant!

Let me ask, if you think the government ruined so many small businesses, did you cheer the ones that defied mask orders?  Sounds like you would have.  After all, the gobermint shouldn't decide, businesses should decide for themselves, sink or swim.  This is exactly what is going on here...a business (the NFL) has decided that they will implement different rules for vaccinated and un-vaccinated players. They are accommodating those who don't want to get vaccinated. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wppete said:

After reading his tweets from today I feel Cole retires. Just a guess. I wonder how many other players do the same? Should be an entertaining next few months that’s for sure. 

I don't feel many will retire over this. Maybe Cole and a few others raise a stink about it but in the end these players windows to make good money are super limited even more so than most other sports. I doubt that many will retire.