Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

38 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Regardless of where you stand on the subject - one of our stars outwardly saying he will not abide by the rules of the league is a huge issue. We're now facing, at best, a season where Cole will be fined and suspended on the regular. Think we seriously need to prepare for a season without him, at this point. 

It never fails!!!

We don’t need a distraction this season. Our best SB chance in decades.
Cole Beasley : “Hey Y’all, watch this!”

Mods, here it comes😐

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

It never fails!!!

We don’t need a distraction this season. Our best SB chance in decades.
Cole Beasley : “Hey Y’all, watch this!”

Mods, here it comes😐

To be fair this all hopefully gets sorted out before Training Camp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

I loved Beas. He’s a warrior out there on the field and a good teammate. But goddamn is he an idiot about this vaccine and COVID-19 *****. If he retires then so be it and get the hell outta here cause of I’m tired of his crap

• Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Sometimes it amazes me how foreign empathy is to some people. Not everyone thinks like you, and not everyone values the same things you do. I hate to say this, but that doesn't automatically make them a bad person. Someone actually took Cole's stance, not on general vaccines, but on just this particular one and compared it directly to people who picket the funerals of gay people. Like, what?

In the past two days Cole Beasley has

-compared Covid to the flu and car crashes

-claimed to have immunity from covid because he beat the odds to become an NFL player

-dismissed people dying from Covid as God's will

I can respect other opinions. I can't respect idiocy.

• Like (+1) 20
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's not a matter of getting vaxed or not. It's a matter of Cole saying "I won't abide by the regulations put in place by the league". And he IS alone in saying that so far. It's one thing to not get vaxed. It's another to not get vaxed and then publicly say he won't follow the rules that state you'll be fined and suspended for not following.

Fair enough, but he’s still on the correct side of this issue in my book.  It’s all theater at this point.   Everyone knows the NFL won’t have “COVID protocols” moving forward as an every year thing.   They could simply just be normal, but of course public perception and a divided country won’t allow that.... right now. 

• Vomit 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

-claimed to have immunity from covid because he beat the odds to become an NFL player

also this.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I actually thought this last night too. I can only imagine the crap that we would have seen if that team in 1988 had social media accounts.

🥃🥃🥃🥃⛷️⛷️⛷️⛷️⛷️⛷️🍆🍆⛷️:w00t::pirate::death:🤣

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, wppete said:

Got to respect a man who speaks his mind and stands by his principals. Good for Cole. 

Exactly.  I’d imagine the same people on here bashing him for his opinions are the same people shaming and bad mouthing people who don’t want to get vaccinated.  Hypocrisy at its finest. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

You should see urban meyer’s wife on Twitter. She has similar stance. Very loud about it. 

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Kinda weird how everyone’s forgetting how good Beasley was for us last season.   

Why couldn’t this be some guy buried deep on the depth chart? I don’t care what he does or how he feels about it…..as long as he plays and doesn’t hurt the team. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Fair enough, but he’s still on the correct side of this issue in my book.  It’s all theater at this point.   Everyone knows the NFL won’t have “COVID protocols” moving forward as an every year thing.   They could simply just be normal, but of course public perception and a divided country won’t allow that.... right now. 

I know for a fact that these are “guidelines” and they are fluid. The league wants the players to get the vaccine. They don’t want to deal with rescheduling games. That’s the main thing. Whether they will really discipline someone who doesn’t follow the protocols is likely going to be left to the team. Just what I’ve heard. 

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Kinda weird how everyone’s forgetting how good Beasley was for us last season.   

No we arent. He'd be great to have, and I wish/hope we do.

But if he is going to refuse to follow protocol, then AT BEST, he spends part of the season suspended. And AT WORST, he brings a COVID varient into the locker room and kills our season.

As good as he was, he isnt worth that risk.

• Agree 2